Tangerine (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 19, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Second Sight - Amazon - HMV) - £28.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Caelin White
60 page book with new essays by Caden Mark Gardner, Michelle Kisner, Shaadi Devereaux and Jerome Reuter.
6 collectors' art cards

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 15.08.36.pngScreenshot 2022-12-01 at 15.08.15.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of it, but not seen it. It was filmed entirely on a cellphone and is by the same guy who did The Florida Project (if you've seen that?).
I thought this was the film on an iPhone. Never seen it but it’s supposed to be impressive for what they achieved

Reactions: Noodles
I thought this was the film on an iPhone. Never seen it but it’s supposed to be impressive for what they achieved
I couldn't quite remember if it was an iPhone or something else. But yeah, impressive stuff!

It's a great film. Tough subject told with wild humour & sensitivity. Definitely worth a watch. I'd caution that it's NOT a blind buy. Watch it first.
Plus it had one of cinemas grossest taxi vomit scenes. Man, I almost heaved watching it. :LOL:

Reactions: Noodles
Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Caelin White
  • 60 page book with new essays by Caden Mark Gardner, Michelle Kisner, Shaadi Devereaux and Jerome Reuter.
  • 6 collectors' art cards

I didn't like this when I saw it when it first came out.
Since then, I've absolutely loved The Florida Project and Red Rocket. So I think I may need to go back and re-visit this. Might just buy this for the re-watch, since Second Sight editions are relatively cheap and love the quality.

Reactions: MrSquifler
I didn't like this when I saw it when it first came out.
Since then, I've absolutely loved The Florida Project and Red Rocket. So I think I may need to go back and re-visit this. Might just buy this for the re-watch, since Second Sight editions are relatively cheap and love the quality.
They're the only 2 films of Sean Baker's that I've seen and I enjoyed both, so I'm looking forward to finally checking this out! His film Take Out was also recently released through the Criterion collection here in the UK, so I'm hoping to pick that up at some point as well.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Here's a trailer.

Looks bad.
I mean there's 'street realism' of Michael Mann and The Shield, and then there's this amateur crap.
Second Sight is wasting good paper on this release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bunk
Here's a trailer.

Looks like men, who 'identify as women', use it as an excuse to beat up real women twice smaller than them.
Looks bad.
I mean there's 'street realism' of Michael Mann and The Shield, and then there's this amateur crap.

They aren't men dressing up as women. They are two transgender women. Both the characters and actors themselves.

Here's a trailer.

Looks like men, who 'identify as women', use it as an excuse to beat up real women twice smaller than them.
Looks bad.

I don't think you can call Sean Bake an amateur and be serious about it.

Amazon UK link added to OP
As usual with Second Sight listings when first goes live on Amazon UK is UK delivery address only

Closer to release date or after you will see as available for delivery address outside UK

Amazon price will be £24.99 or less before release date

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Billy Talent
If I feel like watching a Cinderella hooker love story I'll watch Leaving Las Vegas (filmed in 16mm) over this "edgy ipone movie" any time. And if I want to watch this I can watch it on YouTube for free.

Reactions: Bunk and Lenny Nero