Tenet (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 32) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 14, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 26, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $169.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip - 900 units: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Box Set - 500 sets: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

TN_overall_box0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_fs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_Lfs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_DLfs0226_5000x.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited:
Very disappointed. The artwork is weak, especially for a ML.
I'll pass, GL all those who try and snag one
Chris Nolan doesn’t allow much variance in art. I doubt others will have art that’s much different from this. Maybe a different treatment or the art will be paired differently, but we’re going to see the same things over and over. I like Nolan, but his art isn’t great. I use Kodi to watch my movies and the art available for virtual cases and fan art is very limited.

Reactions: gAnX and Shark
Really? I thought the fullslip for drive was near enough perfect. I can understand why some don't like the filter they've put over the artists original piece, but personally I think it works.

Fullslip here is easily the best too, I don't see the hate for the rear. It's not amazing, but it's sharp, colour matching and simply a still from the film. Little to hate on in my opinion.
The only reason i didn’t jump on drive was no 4K. Otherwise it looked good To me.

Reactions: CGB axia
Chris Nolan doesn’t allow much variance in art. I doubt others will have art that’s much different from this. Maybe a different treatment or the art will be paired differently, but we’re going to see the same things over and over. I like Nolan, but his art isn’t great. I use Kodi to watch my movies and the art available for virtual cases and fan art is very limited.
I agree and I don't think the art will be better elsewhere. Shame. I enjoyed the film but for me it's not in his top 3, if the movie had been better i might of felt inclined to ignore the art. I use Plex personally and the art available (granted I've not checked this film) is very good, added bonus being able to add any image from the web as my art of choice is fantastic

I agree and I don't think the art will be better elsewhere. Shame. I enjoyed the film but for me it's not in his top 3, if the movie had been better i might of felt inclined to ignore the art. I use Plex personally and the art available (granted I've not checked this film) is very good, added bonus being able to add any image from the web as my art of choice is fantastic
I assume Plex and Kodi get it from the same places. Most films have really good art, but neither this one, have anything that wows me.

The issue is not the availability of better art. There are better options available but they are not studio approved for products. Nolan is a stickler and getting something outside of the limited studio provided catalogs can take years or not even get approved.

Sucks but true :\

Reactions: gAnX and djjez83
I believe collectors should be well aware by now that when ML designs come out pretty similar to global releases, it's because there was no other choice. Some folks would be chanting a different tune if they had seen the original proposal rejected by the studio.

That being said, I like what we ended up with, enough to get a box set. Or two. :p

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
The art design is disappointing for this release, none of the slips are eye-catching, at least for me.. The steelbook does not have an 'exclusive' artwork feeling..
I'll probably pass, but I'm sure the quality gonna be great in hand for anyone buying this

Reactions: JGCramp and tono06
finally went for the DL after days of prevaricating, thanks @Aniv. :thumbs:

ideal for me would have been Full Slip front cover, with the DL front cover on the rear. would have had nice opposing 45 degree angles. the FS back is too plain for my tastes, and the SL front image i like, but to have both covers as Washington is a little samey. anyway... chosen, now! :LOL: Manta usually bring the goods on production quality and lentis, so looking forward to receiving this. :)

Reactions: Aniv and Shark
I haven’t watched it yet so I can reply :)
Fs.

Being preorder day and not excited about this one much means I should probably pass and wait for the FAC. WEA or not, it’s just not doing the trick.
Good job with the crap art Nolan.