Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.83 star(s) Rating: 3.83/5 6 Votes
Title: Tenet (2020)

Tagline: Time runs out.

Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh and more...

Release: 2020-07-17

Plot: An action epic revolving around international espionage, time travel, and evolution.

• Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Christopher Nolan has assembled a star-studded cast lead by John David Washington for his new film Tenet and filming is already underway, Warner Bros announced on Tuesday.

Written and directed by Nolan, Tenet is described as “an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage,” and also stars Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Bollywood star Dimple Kapadia, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. It will be filmed across seven countries and, as per Nolan’s cinematic preferences, will be shot using IMAX and 70mm film.

The film is Washington’s first lead role in a blockbuster production after his breakout turn in Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman.

Tenet is scheduled for release on July 17, 2020.

SOURCE

• Thanks
For this one there is one major change in the production team - Hans Zimmer will not be composing the score for Tenet. I presume its due to his busy schedule working on The Lion King, Dark Phoenix, Wonder Woman 84, Top Gun 2 and Dune. Ludwing Goransson was Nolans choice and will be scoring his upcoming film. He is the oscar winning composer for Black Panther who also scored Creed, Venom, Death Wish amongst others.

Also, Nolans long time collaborator editor Lee Smith will be replaced. He is currently busy working on Sam Mendes' war film 1917. Editor for Tenet will be Jennifer Lame known for her work on Manchester By The Sea and Hereditary.

Costume designer Jeffrey Kurland who worked on Inception is returning to do the job on Tenet.

Cinematograper Hoyte Van Hoytema will team up with Nolan again. He was also the DP on Interstellar and Dunkirk.

Filming will be taking place in Italy, Estonia, India, UK, possibly Norway, Ireland and US.

Reactions: Noodles
For this one there is one major change in the production team - Hans Zimmer will not be composing the score for Tenet. I presume its due to his busy schedule working on The Lion King, Dark Phoenix, Wonder Woman 84, Top Gun 2 and Dune. Ludwing Goransson was Nolans choice and will be scoring his upcoming film. He is the oscar winning composer for Black Panther who also scored Creed, Venom, Death Wish amongst others.

Also, Nolans long time collaborator editor Lee Smith will be replaced. He is currently busy working on Sam Mendes' war film 1917. Editor for Tenet will be Jennifer Lame known for her work on Manchester By The Sea and Hereditary.

Costume designer Jeffrey Kurland who worked on Inception is returning to do the job on Tenet.

Cinematograper Hoyte Van Hoytema will team up with Nolan again. He was also the DP on Interstellar and Dunkirk.

Filming will be taking place in Italy, Estonia, India, UK, possibly Norway, Ireland and US.
Interesting! Thanks for the info Martin.

As disappointing as it is to hear the likes of Zimmer and Smith won't be a part of the film, those are some pretty impressive replacements!

• Thanks
They finished shooting in Estonia (massive action piece on the big Laagna Tee road) and now they are already in Italy (Ravello).

Teaser trailer is showing in front of Hobbs & Shaw. Only in IMAX theaters and only in US.

And as its usual with Nolan, its really only a teaser, with few shots of John David Washington and a tagline with something like "Get ready for a new type of protagonist".

What the hell is this film about?!!!! There is more mystery than with Inception!!!

Reactions: Noodles
So has anyone seen the short teaser trailer with Hobbs & Shaw or the new QT film? I bet its glorious in IMAX :)

I was lucky enough my friend screened it for me in front of the QT film, tell me about excitement! :D 2020!

Reactions: willbar84
Shame that zimmer is not returning (only just found this out) and personally I think it’s a step down for Nolan getting Goransson however the new editor has me very interested

Just going to leave this here :)

Tenet Video Poster.jpg

Shame that zimmer is not returning (only just found this out) and personally I think it’s a step down for Nolan getting Goransson however the new editor has me very interested
I was very skepcital at first, because Nolan+Zimmer is the best director+composer team out there, but after listening to Ludwigs score for The Mandalorian I think he was a good choice (even tho I didnt like his Black Panther score that much). Plus if thats really his work we heard in the secret Tenet teaser then bye bye skepticism :)

Trailer should be dropping today 12:00 PM EST

First official photos:

tenant-1.jpg

mgr-21451-msg2.jpg

Y6evOWA.jpg

A bit from the Entertainment article:

“So, what can I not tell you about my movie?”

That’s writer-director Christopher Nolan warming up to talk publicly for the very first time about his up-to-now supersecret new film Tenet. The movie, out July 17, stars John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and Kenneth Branagh, and has been officially, if somewhat unrevealingly, described as “an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.”

“We’re jumping off from the point of view of an espionage film, but we’re going to a number of different places,” explains the director of the blockbusters Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, and the Christian Bale-starring Batman trilogy. “We’re crossing a few different genres in a hopefully exciting and fresh way. [Producer] Emma [Thomas] and I have put together a lot of large-scale productions, but this is certainly the biggest in terms of international reach. We shot in seven countries, all over the place, with a massive cast and huge set pieces. There’s no question, it’s the most ambitious film we’ve made.”

The director also reveals that Washington is “very much the hero” of Tenet. “He’s a massively talented actor and physically gifted,” Nolan says of the BlacKkKlansman star, who is a former professional football player. “He’s an athlete and pretty hard for anybody to keep up with, including the different vehicles we shot him from — cars and helicopters. [Laughs] This guy moves.”

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database