Tenet (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 32) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 14, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 26, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $169.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip - 900 units: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Box Set - 500 sets: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

TN_overall_box0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_fs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_Lfs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_DLfs0226_5000x.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited:
I knew it wasn’t just me having issues with Nolan’s more recent films and the audio.

but there will always be some Nolan fanboy who disputes it even when there’s a large majority that says otherwise
Well to be fair I have at least appreciated every Nolan film til date. Even Dunkirk.
And I loved Interstellar (yes I didn't even hate the corny message about love transcending time :) ) but I've only watched it once when it came out. Promised myself that I would wait a few years before I watched it again, my Interstellar hdzeta lenti should arrive in the coming days so I plan on rewatching it soon. Maybe I'll like it less. Hope not.
The Prestige remains my favorite. It has the most 'heart and soul' of all of his movies IMO.

By the way, is there or will there be a section where we can discuss Tenet in detail going into spoilers etc? Would love to discuss about it with people.

Well to be fair I have at least appreciated every Nolan film til date. Even Dunkirk.
And I loved Interstellar (yes I didn't even hate the corny message about love transcending time :) ) but I've only watched it once when it came out. Promised myself that I would wait a few years before I watched it again, my Interstellar hdzeta lenti should arrive in the coming days so I plan on rewatching it soon. Maybe I'll like it less. Hope not.
The Prestige remains my favorite. It has the most 'heart and soul' of all of his movies IMO.

By the way, is there or will there be a section where we can discuss Tenet in detail going into spoilers etc? Would love to discuss about it with people.

What's the hate with Dunkirk ?

I love all Nolan films. Seen all but Following. Favourites are Memento, Insomnia and Dunkirk. IMO less is more. Prestige too, but Hugh Jackman...meh. Bowie as Tesla - Movie Gold !

Reactions: zeebeer

Oh I certainly appreciate his work. He’s still a fantastic director. He’s just a tad pretentious these days and the dialogue audio can crumble here and there. Probably because of the loud imax camera he uses

yeah man his early work (well up until inception) is phenomenal. I love the prestige

yeah, the movie section is here. Just put stuff in spoilers still (some get the ump if you talk about The actual films in the steel threads for some weird reason)

Oh I certainly appreciate his work. He’s still a fantastic director. He’s just a tad pretentious these days and the dialogue audio can crumble here and there. Probably because of the loud imax camera he uses

yeah man his early work (well up until inception) is phenomenal. I love the prestige

yeah man the movie section is here. Just put stuff in spoilers still (some get the ump if you talk about The actual films in the steel threads for some weird reason)

Didn't realise we could just discuss it there, I should start exploring other sections other than the steelbook section on this site. Thanks for the help:)

Reactions: Flloydo

I love all Nolan films. Seen all but Following. Favourites are Memento, Insomnia and Dunkirk. IMO less is more. Prestige too, but Hugh Jackman...meh. Bowie as Tesla - Movie Gold !

funnily enough (and I’m a huge Bowie fan) but I think he’s the weakest link of the film. But because of his accent. Still get a smile seeing him appear in the film each time though.
Ah man I think Hugh is madly underrated in that film. People sometimes forget he’s actually playing 2 characters - the drunk guy who imo is movie gold.
And of course bale plays 2 characters too but he’s other character is a bit more simpler in acting compared to hughs secondary

If you check out the Dunkirk manta lab thread you can see that a lot of people disliked Dunkirk. I like it though, absolutely admire it on the technical aspect and that's really just enough for me to atleast like a movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
@Flloydo A bit OT. What you might think is pretentious might be learning experience for some, us who's native language is not English ... after dull school English something different. But I do get your point.

I don’t hate hate Dunkirk. I just don’t find it as good as his other movies. Same as dark knight rises but that hits harder because it’s a trilogy and the first 2 are masterpieces. Rises is awful. I’d even go as far as saying imo rises is his worst film

but that’s just my personal opinion on the 2. I also find interstellar boring now (except the Damon part which I’ve mentioned a million times today lol)

• Haha
Reactions: Chokwe and zeebeer
funnily enough (and I’m a huge Bowie fan) but I think he’s the weakest link of the film. But because of his accent. Still get a smile seeing him appear in the film each time though.
Ah man I think Hugh is madly underrated in that film. People sometimes forget he’s actually playing 2 characters - the drunk guy who imo is movie gold.
And of course bale plays 2 characters too but he’s other character is a bit more simpler in acting compared to hughs secondary

Just to make it clear. I'm hugher (LOL) Bowie fan ! :rofl:

• Haha
@Flloydo A bit OT. What you might think is pretentious might be learning experience for some, us who's native language is not English ... after dull school English something different. But I do get your point.

nah nothing to do with that. It’s him. I find him pretentious. The way he is. Hard to explain. But anyone who makes movies in a turtleneck is pretentious imo :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: milky
I don’t hate hate Dunkirk. I just don’t find it as good as his other movies. Same as dark knight rises but that hits harder because it’s a trilogy and the first 2 are masterpieces. Rises is awful. I’d even go as far as saying imo rises is his worst film

but that’s just my personal opinion on the 2. I also find interstellar boring now (except the Damon part which I’ve mentioned a million times today lol)
Loved the Damon part too:D was just in the theater in awe wondering what the **** was going through his characters head in these moments

Loved the Damon part too:D was just in the theater in awe wondering what the **** was going through his characters head in these moments

yeah he goes full chaotic don’t give a f**k destructive mode and I love it. His character is such a c*nt it’s great

If you check out the Dunkirk manta lab thread you can see that a lot of people disliked Dunkirk. I like it though, absolutely admire it on the technical aspect and that's really just enough for me to atleast like a movie.

Technical Aspect(s), yeah sure. :rofl: Pls, I'm not trying to diss you. Not by any means. As much I love my 4K stuff and so on. From the kid watching movies and teen starting to collect them, TA never were the point. Acting, emotion(s), script - those were. Did horror make me scared. Did Kramer vs Kramer make me cry. Etc. The true story behind Dunkirk came alive in that film tho it was a bit smaller film. IMO. (I'm a bit history/war buff)

All good ? :thumbs:

Technical Aspect(s), yeah sure. :rofl: Pls, I'm not trying to diss you. Not by any means. As much I love my 4K stuff and so on. From the kid watching movies and teen starting to collect them, TA never were the point. Acting, emotion(s), script - those were. Did horror make me scared. Did Kramer vs Kramer make me cry. Etc. The true story behind Dunkirk came alive in that film tho it was a bit smaller film. IMO. (I'm a bit history/war buff)

All good ? :thumbs:
I don't feel attacked or dissed at all! :)
I'm a bit of a cinematography/editing etc nerd so I personally like style over substance films a lot. Not saying Dunkirk was that but looking back on it I only remember TA's and not really anything emotional, although the part where the civilian boats arrived was touching.

Reactions: Space Cadet
Same! I struggled to understand what people were saying, not sure if it was the IMAX music just being too loud but that made my understanding of the movie harder
first time in my entire life covered my ears while watching movie in theater, GOD DAMN U, DEAF NOLAN!

Last edited:
I'm "glad" to read native speakers have their problems with understanding the audio in the film, too. When I go to the movies, I always choose to see the film in OV (original version), not dubbed. Usually I don't have a problem understanding what's said, especially with a high quality cinema sound system (at home, where I just got my TV with built-in speakers, I prefer subtitles). So when I went to see "Tenet" in the OV yesterday, it was a rather unpleasant experience. Not only was the sound incredibly loud as many have stated, but the tendency to have the actors talk under masks and with food in their mouth (seriously, what the hell were you thinking, Michael Caine / Christopher Nolan?) or just murmur extra quietly against hammering background music made it really hard to follow. And that was in a cinema with a rather discrete setup - makes me wonder how much worse/louder it must sound in the biggest cinema hall with the best sound system in that theater or even an IMAX cinema!
I will go see it again, but dubbed the next time. Because even though I didn't fully understand it both in terms of story as well as regarding the dialogue, I found "Tenet" intriguing enough to give it another chance. Wouldn't be the first Nolan film that pays fully off (for me) only on second watch.

Last edited: