Tenet (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 32) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 14, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 26, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $169.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip - 900 units: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Double Lenticular Full Slip - 900 units: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil
Box Set - 500 sets: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

TN_overall_box0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_fs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_Lfs0226_5000x.jpgTN_overall_DLfs0226_5000x.jpg
SteelBook.jpg

Last edited:
Seen the movie twice, for me it isn’t Nolan’s best (It’s full of technical questions as to how things work mechanically in the movie, but not many philosophical ones), but I still REALLY like the movie, and would definitely be down for an OC from Manta. Those concepts were great, do we know if Manta has announced it, or are we just assuming?

As another user said, thankfully this movie is full of gorgeous art, so it won’t be hard for them to make a few slips

Oh, and I second the soundtrack coming to vinyl, it’s such a damn cool OST.

I may be a little late to this knowledge but the other day I just found out who the main dudes dad is. Denzel. Mind blown.
That happened to me a month or so ago. That said, while he doesn’t look like Denzel, in this movie, he sounds a lot like his dad. I don’t recall hearing that in Black Klansman, so I guess I need to watch and find out if it’s different, I didn’t notice it or I’m just hearing something because I know who is dad is.

I love the fact that everyone consider the mix illegal, I loved it, that's the secret sauce!! First time in IMAX was in its integrity, 2nd one the fader was turned down, volume incredibly low
I see all these complaints about the audio mix and I'm uniquely confused.

I have hearing issues with my left ear and I had no issues whatsoever making out dialogue or hearing anything, I love Nolan's audio mix because it draws me into the film so much, everything feels as loud as it should be. Gunshots actually sound like gunshots.

Watching Dunkirk in theatres had my heart racing and watching it at home just doesn't match up to that.

I see all these complaints about the audio mix and I'm uniquely confused.

I have hearing issues with my left ear and I had no issues whatsoever making out dialogue or hearing anything, I love Nolan's audio mix because it draws me into the film so much, everything feels as loud as it should be. Gunshots actually sound like gunshots.

Watching Dunkirk in theatres had my heart racing and watching it at home just doesn't match up to that.
Maybe damaged ears helps, because both Dunkirk and Tenet have mixes that lead to me missing large chunks of dialog. I wont say he’s got the 2 worst audio mixes, but I can’t think of anything I’ve seen that’s worse. I saw both in Dolby Cinema (laser/atmos for peeps outside the US). I think Tenet is somewhat better than Dunkirk, but that‘s still pretty bad. For Dunkirk I had friends across the country who are much younger than I and they said it was way too loud and dialog was hard to understand. Few, if any, of my friends have ventured back into theaters, so no opinions, so far, for Tenet, other than mine

Maybe damaged ears helps, because both Dunkirk and Tenet have mixes that lead to me missing large chunks of dialog. I wont say he’s got the 2 worst audio mixes, but I can’t think of anything I’ve seen that’s worse. I saw both in Dolby Cinema (laser/atmos for peeps outside the US). I think Tenet is somewhat better than Dunkirk, but that‘s still pretty bad. For Dunkirk I had friends across the country who are much younger than I and they said it was way too loud and dialog was hard to understand. Few, if any, of my friends have ventured back into theaters, so no opinions, so far, for Tenet, other than mine
I don't know, all I know is I went in expecting to have problems hearing audio and had no issues with it at all.

Dialogue was easy for me to hear.

• Informative
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
this is interesting.. WaterTower Music uploaded TENET full album soundtrack but INVERTED...

"What's our top prospect for a big movie that'll really bring people back to the theater in a time of pandemic when all they've been thinking about is respirators and masks?"

"I was thinking, there's this kind of baffling and somewhat brutal action film by Christopher Nolan which features labored breathing sounds in the actual soundtrack."

"Perfect. What could go wrong?"

i think I've spent too much time thinking about this film...
it starts with one simple steelbook mockup and leads to another now i can't stop lol

can't decide which are the best arts for steelbooks so i kinda did 3 options with one simple rule, front needs to be The Protagonist and back needs to be Neil (or has Neil)
i've so much fun and thank you @CollectorEmtee for valuable comments... anyway sorry for the big files...

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 1
View attachment 484825

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 2
View attachment 484827

ALTERNATIVE ARTS 3
View attachment 484829

ONE CLICK BOX SET
View attachment 484831
wow, i didnt know that you are talented. nice!