Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Tetris (2023)

Genre: History, Drama

Director: Jon S. Baird

Cast: Taron Egerton, Nikita Efremov, Sofia Lebedeva, Anthony Boyle, Ben Miles, Ken Yamamura, Igor Grabuzov, Oleg Shtefanko, Ayane Nagabuchi, Rick Yune, Roger Allam, Toby Jones, Ieva Andrejevaitė, Matthew Marsh, Togo Igawa, Miles Barrow, Aaron Vodovoz, Polina Sulim

Release: 2023-03-15

Runtime: 120

Plot: In 1988, American video game salesman Henk Rogers discovers the video game Tetris . When he sets out to bring the game to the world, he enters a dangerous web of lies and corruption behind the Iron Curtain.

This actually looks pretty good. Looks like I’ll be signing up again for Apple+ in March for this in Ted Lasso.

Reactions: Noodles
tetris.jpeg

A really captivating film that holds your attention for the entire two-hour runtime. Getting 'old' I must, since liking such 'boring' movies, and actually preferring them over something like Avatar 2, which I chose to watch later for this!
I never read anything about Tetris, so it all was new to me, and I don't know how much was changed, if anything, 'for dramatic purposes', but as a film it worked great!
There was hope after the fall of Soviet Union, and now 35 years later new KGB tyrant is doing the same - blacklisting, firing, banning, arresting and jailing and killing people for having a different opinion, or being against the war with Ukraine. All of that during my short 41 year lifetime as of now. When will it end?

Reactions: Noodles
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database