Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.33 star(s) Rating: 4.33/5 3 Votes
Title: The Adam Project

Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Shawn Levy

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo, Catherine Keener, Alex Mallari Jr., Walker Scobell

Release: 2022-11-03

Plot: A man travels back in time to get help from his 13-year old self. Together, they encounter their late father.

XSieppaa.JPG

Reactions: Robles
Really liked it, even though it could be called derivative, and maybe it's manipulative, but it's taken all that's good and fun from the films before it. Feels like an 'old school' science fiction from the late 80's, early 90's, even the poster. Great cast too, although I don't know why they keep doing that horrible CGI 'deaging', when the so called deep fake method looks and works so much better. Plus Catherine Keener didn't look like that even 24 years ago, say in Nicole Holofcener's films, like Walking and Talking - didn't they look at those? Deep fake algorithm would. They should just stop trying whatever it is they're wasting time and money on.
Anyway, it made me feel like I'm watching Star Wars, the good ones, and made me cry a bit, so it's definitely one of the better Netflix movies.
Hopefully it'll be released on disc.

Definitely has a Star Wars vibe with a time travel backdrop. I enjoyed this thoroughly - great acting (the kid actor is a fantastic find), beautiful cinematography, and well paced with an above average score. I wished it has a theatrical run - would have been a wonderful experience. Highly recommended.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database