The Amazing Spider-Man: Rise of Electro (Magnetic Neo-Pack) 3D - Mueller exclusive (Germany)

MK50

Premium Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Frankfurt, Germany
spider.jpg
Release: September 4

Same as magno case...check this out: The Diamond Luxe (WB) or Magno (Sony) is a completely new type of collectible disc package. Pictures and video can’t do it justice. The trade name is actually NEO™. I invented NEO™ along with PixelChrome™ the hyper glossy/ reflective specialty graphic substrate that it is constructed from, about 18 months ago here in my Los Angeles design studio not far from Sony Pictures. SPE is releasing the first example of NEO with Amazing Spiderman 2 at Best Buy on 8/19. The finished composite material is .100” thick and is made up of approximately 15 layers of stuff. It took about a year to refine the product to within NASA tolerances and build the equipment that makes the revolutionary manufacturing process possible. One of the key challenges was to create a precision snap fit for the disc without using a hub. The case is kept securely closed with dual neodymium magnets embedded in the material. NEO is being manufactured by DISC, the specialty packaging company that I work for, in Long Island, NY. More images and a decent 3D animation of NEO can be found here: www.neobluray.com. My goal was to create a completely new solution, capable of displaying celebrated imagery in the richest way possible, to create a case that is cinematic, timeless, and obscures the artwork as little as possible (both inside and out). No hubs, no trays, no borders, no cloudy plastic to look through. I also wanted it to be made from anything other than cheap molded plastic or recycled tin cans. Great movies deserve better! Not to slight Steelbooks etc, it is a great product and is still a good fit for some titles, but it is well past a decade old. I have also observed over and over that printing on recycled scrap metal drives people in this business crazy with its limitations and poor color consistency. I once heard an art director at one of the studios say that tin printing should be reserved for lunchboxes and vintage toys! I don't think that's true but I understand her frustration. Anyway I hope that collectors enjoy having something new to experience. In the wide world of commercial graphic art, I can’t think of a better place to be making a contribution. - Shane Rossiter