The Avengers: The Cybernauts Trilogy (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Network Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 5, 2019
Purchase link: Networkonair
Price: £16.00
Notes: Included in the package is a 32-page booklet by celebrated television historian Andrew Pixley detailing the history of the three episodes and there’s limited edition digipack packaging.
PRE-ORDER Payment will be taken Immediately but the item(s) will not be despatched until 5 August 2019.

the-avengers-the-cybernauts-trilogy-blu-ray-.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Again I've read those statistics before and it really doesn't surprise me. Downloading and streaming has made piracy rampant to such a degree now that a vast amount of sales are being lost to illegal downloading and ripping and you know the sort of sites I mean. People have always had the attitude "It's only a film not doing anyone any harm by getting a pirate copy". That mentality has been around since day one and has never changed. The same people would think twice about stealing a paper in a shop because they know the effect it would have but they don't think about the consequences they would have on the studios by pirating. Sadly that attitude is not going to change but I'm just glad vanity labels like Network, Anolis, Shout Factory, Indicator etc are about and I'm more than glad to support them and will continue to so by purchasing on day one and not waiting for the bargain basement....
I already had this argument with a mate and asked why he won't buy xxxx on blu-ray. He said Too dear, i'm wait until the sales. I was brutal. I said to him "It's your attitude that's helping the decline of physical media. And don't even get me started on the pitfalls of digital downloading.

Again I've read those statistics before and it really doesn't surprise me. Downloading and streaming has made piracy rampant to such a degree now that a vast amount of sales are being lost to illegal downloading and ripping and you know the sort of sites I mean. People have always had the attitude "It's only a film not doing anyone any harm by getting a pirate copy". That mentality has been around since day one and has never changed. The same people would think twice about stealing a paper in a shop because they know the effect it would have but they don't think about the consequences they would have on the studios by pirating. Sadly that attitude is not going to change but I'm just glad vanity labels like Network, Anolis, Shout Factory, Indicator etc are about and I'm more than glad to support them and will continue to so by purchasing on day one and not waiting for the bargain basement....
I already had this argument with a mate and asked why he won't buy xxxx on blu-ray. He said Too dear, i'm wait until the sales. I was brutal. I said to him "It's your attitude that's helping the decline of physical media. And don't even get me started on the pitfalls of digital downloading.

Getting a bit way off topic now in regards this release from network so I put this in a spoiler

It's not really got to do with illegal downloading most of those torrent sites now shut down and are less been used now compared to 5-12 years ago

What has changed a lot in past 5 years is how film/music is been purchased and watched and listened to with most now been streaming/on demand services in use and also with Cable/TV/Satellite services

Overall the entertainment industry is getting increased revenue over previous years it's just changing as to how consumers are viewing/listening to this content

Legal Digital purchases as in streaming/On Demand and subscription to services like Netflix/Vudu/Prime Video/Apple TV and other similar services and subscription to Cable/Satellite has increased a lot
There is more 4K content to stream/download using these services than there is available on Physical Disc which is why purchase of 4K UHD is tiny in comparison to DVD/Blu-ray

Legal Streaming/On Demand has overtaken physical discs in terms of revenue and how public watch and listen to Films/Music

Launch of Disney + in USA and International will add more decline to purchase of physical discs
Lot of Disney + content will be in 4K HDR

You will still get physical discs released for a good while as in years but the amount of discs film distributors manufacture will decrease
Less discs been made means higher unit cost per disc for distributors and eventually you will see the smaller distributor labels struggle to get sales of Physical Media Discs on weaker back catalog films compared to blockbuster films from the main film studio distributors

Arrow for example are getting more involved using amazon prime video
Some 4K HDR content likely to show up on prime next year from Arrow

• Informative
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I got delivery this morning

Network not even sent shipped notice yet
Shipped by Technicolor
Delivered by primeline express for Rep Of Ireland address as I expected would be
Extremely fast delivery delivered in less than 24 hours from when was shipped :D

Technicolor now process shipments for networkonair
Networkonair From 1st July we are partnering with Technicolor for our distribution to bring you a shiny new, improved service

67822324_10218663336035128_7605964907405639680_n.jpg 67571739_10218663336395137_3414062627347759104_n.jpg 67481150_10218663336875149_7500520324962713600_n.jpg

67601544_10218663337715170_3233875598090698752_n.jpg

Last edited:
There is a glitch on Blu-Ray disc goes to black screen and say stuck at this at various points on disc . You have to click skip on blu-ray remote or use fast forword to get to next second to continue viewing. Examples The Cybernauts happens at 00:16:47 same with Return of Cybernauts at 00:16:47 also again at 00:26:52. It also happens with the last of the cybernauts at 00:35:38. It may also be happening at other chapters on disc not had time to check all.

This may be happening only with some Blu-ray players not sure if all affected

Getting a bit worried as my copy hasn't arrived. Didn't get a shipping notice either and this will be my 1st order with this new system. Everyone and their cat seems to have got their copy except me....

Getting a bit worried as my copy hasn't arrived. Didn't get a shipping notice either and this will be my 1st order with this new system. Everyone and their cat seems to have got their copy except me....
Network not sent anyone dispatch notice yet and in your account will still be listed as not shipped yet even it was shipped

You likely will get delivery on Monday or Tuesday
Everyone has not got delivery yet

Hope you are right. Looking forward to Gambit, Purdey and Steed, my favourite team of whole franchise and I grew up with the Original Avengers...

Playback issue will depend on what Blu-ray Player you have

Some Blu-ray players disc has no issues but does has issue with other Blu-ray players
Some other customers reporting same issues while others are not affected

The problem is the seamless branching causing freezing at black screen on some Blu-ray Players
You can continue viewing by clicking skip on Blu-ray remote but that is not ideal for proper viewing

Disc should have been tested by network on range of Blu-ray players makes and models