The Avengers: The Cybernauts Trilogy (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Network Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 5, 2019
Purchase link: Networkonair
Price: £16.00
Notes: Included in the package is a 32-page booklet by celebrated television historian Andrew Pixley detailing the history of the three episodes and there’s limited edition digipack packaging.
PRE-ORDER Payment will be taken Immediately but the item(s) will not be despatched until 5 August 2019.

the-avengers-the-cybernauts-trilogy-blu-ray-.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
A NETWORKONAIR EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY RELEASE!

There isn’t much more one can say about The Avengers, the global and stylish television trailblazer it is (by any standards), but we do have something new to present with The Cybernauts Trilogy.

We’ve selected three highpoints from across the run for this special 2019 release: The Cybernauts, their 1965 robotic debut featuring Diana Rigg; the 1967 follow-up Return of the Cybernauts, again with Diana Rigg and Peter Cushing guesting in one of his most sinister roles; and, making its world High Definition debut, The New Avengers 1976 finale The Last of the Cybernauts…?? .

We’ve pulled the original film elements for all three episodes into the Network studio for brand new, painstaking, High Definition restorations, exclusively for this release.

There’s much more to this release, though: as well as presenting the episodes in all their uncut, restored glory, we’re also presenting the option to watch each episode in its contemporary transmission context, with actual commercials in situ.

Included in the package is a 32-page booklet by celebrated television historian Andrew Pixley detailing the history of the three episodes and there’s limited edition digipack packaging whilst stocks last.

This really is the last of the Cybernauts.
Available for preorder now!

• This is a PRE-ORDER for The Avengers: The Cybernauts Trilogy Blu-ray and is only available while stocks last.
• As this is a PRE-ORDER PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be despatched until 5 August 2019.
• The PRE-ORDER price for the set is £16.00 (including VAT).
• When you complete your PRE-ORDER you will be able to review your order in your account's order history.
• When purchasing pre-order and non pre-order items together, the latter will be dispatched first.
• We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot place your order please try again later.

Peter Cushing Fans

Just in case you have forgotten he was in The Avengers TV Series
Season 5
Return of the Cybernauts
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
More importantly we are getting The New Avengers on HD. It has been thought the master negatives had been lost for the New Avengers but this is not the case and with Network remastering the Classic Avengers I hope they correct all the sound problems on the Studio canal sets. With this and the remastered Monty Python I'm a happy camper.....

More importantly we are getting The New Avengers on HD. It has been thought the master negatives had been lost for the New Avengers but this is not the case and with Network remastering the Classic Avengers I hope they correct all the sound problems on the Studio canal sets. With this and the remastered Monty Python I'm a happy camper.....
This might be a one off

Studiocanal has rights to Avengers and New Avengers

Network have said no plans at the moment to release in HD Complete series of New Avengers

It's just the Cybernauts Trilogy espisodes for now

I would love to see it happen complete series of new avengers in HD if that happened but for now no plans

Last edited:
his might be a one off

Studiocanal has rights to Avengers and New Avengers

Network have said no plans at the moment to release in HD Complete series of New Avengers

It's just the Cybernauts Trilogy espisodes for now

I think we can assume Network have the rights to do the lot. No way in hell are they going to do a teaser set and then do a Bugs Bunny "That's all folks". They would lose serious customers overnight........

I think we can assume Network have the rights to do the lot. No way in hell are they going to do a teaser set and then do a Bugs Bunny "That's all folks". They would lose serious customers overnight........
The Sweeney TV series HD release they cancelled that after releasing season 1 even though season 2/3/4 had already had been remastered

I would not get your Hope's up especially when they have said no plans to do all of new avengers

It might still happen but don't be surprised if it don't happen

This is not the same as the Sweeney series. They haven't advertised (as yet) forthcoming Avengers / New Avengers but you can bet if the sample set does well you will get the New Avengers (Like the Professionals it's never had any remastering) pretty sharpish and if they correct the audio problems and bad edits on the Avengers sets they will sell very very well. The Sweeney situation is different. They advertised season 2-3 as forthcoming and to this day we have no idea why they didn't continue. Network have never answered that one. There has been a lot of speculation on that one but I suspect it was the early days of blu-ray and very very few people had switched over and simply a lot of the fans weren't ready to ditch their DVD's just yet. I think it would be different now especially as technology has moved on so far and wonders can now be done with 16mm film.

This is a one off release

Network have licenced episodes of other tv series and films before from Studiocanal
They done this before with some Avengers episodes these was in ITV 60 dvd box set
These was licenced from Studiocanal
Most of ITV 60 box set was select espisodes they licenced from various distributors.

Network have said no plans for rest of New Avengers TV series and this Cybernauts release is a one off

Network did reply in regards to the Sweeney Tv series and reply was poor sales of Season 1 was the reason

I contacted Network a few years ago asking when will the other seasons will be released
Others who also contacted network after I did and got same reply

They have released the 2 films on Blu-ray but still have said even after releasing these 2 films on Blu-ray no plans to release seasons 2/3/4 of TV series on Blu-ray

Last edited:
Network have said no plans for rest of New Avengers TV series and this Cybernauts release is a one off

Network keep their gameplan very very close to their chest after the Marty Felman fiasco a few years back. When they announce something now you can guarantee it'll go ahead. New Avengers has never ever had any restoration in any form. That's a day one mega winner for Network. No way are they going to pass that up. It's obvious like the recent Monty Python announcement they have some serious ammunation up their sleeves. Again the poor sales of the original Sweeney season 1 I think was down to bad timing. Not enough people were into blu-ray then. You know it's hit the general consumer when the likes of my sister and brother are buying them and that's only in the past few years......

Network have licenced the 3 episodes of Cybernauts from the rights holder

Any chance of all of the new avengers been released on Blu-ray would depend on been giving a licence to access all episodes or buy the rights out from the rights holder.

I have sent a message to Network asking if they can get access to all episodes of the New Avengers and do a restoration of those episodes

Don't get your hopes up of that happening though

Here's a comparison for the new restoration. I don't think there is any question people will bite.

I've contacted Network before about various stuff. They never ever give you an answer to any forthcoming release. It's always wait and see.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I contacted Network a few years ago asking when will the other seasons will be released
Others who also contacted network after I did and got same reply
Interesting! The reply I got when I questioned them on it was that they were still intending to release them - though they wouldn't give me any timescales, so I didn't really believe them!

Interesting! The reply I got when I questioned them on it was that they were still intending to release them - though they wouldn't give me any timescales, so I didn't really believe them!
Network also posted replies on Facebook/Twitter back in 2016 in regards to The Sweeney series 2/3/4
Same reason given that I and some others got was lack of sales of Season 1

Even after releasing the 2 films this year on Blu-ray
I asked again does this mean network has changed their mind in regards to series 2/3/4 with them releasing the 2 films on Blu-ray
I got same reply no plans to do Blu-ray release of rest of TV series

Series 1 of The Sweeney on Blu-ray was released in 2012
7 years later no Blu-ray releases yet of series 2/3/4

I hope Network change their minds but I would expected after 7 years to have happened by now

I hope Network change their minds but I would expected after 7 years to have happened by now

The uptake in blu-ray has changed big time in that period and you can see the vast increase in blu-ray on the Network site in the past few years especially in film titles so I'd say maybe another year but I think we'll see the rest of the Sweeney. Probably a bare bones set but I think we'll get it.

The uptake in blu-ray has changed big time in that period and you can see the vast increase in blu-ray on the Network site in the past few years especially in film titles so I'd say maybe another year but I think we'll see the rest of the Sweeney. Probably a bare bones set but I think we'll get it.
Sales of physical discs though has dropped a lot a 50% drop from 2014 to present.
DVD still accounts for nearly 60% of all disc sales worldwide

You might find this interesting to read in regards to overall entertainment industry and why there is a reduction in the amount physical discs been sold and getting worse each year since 2014

Best time to do Blu-ray release would have been 3-5 years ago as a box set of season 1-4 in terms of number of units they likely would had sold compared amount of discs you could get sales of now
In my opinion they should have done a Box set back in 2012 and not just series 1 on it's own
More customers would have likely purchased a Blu-ray Box Set of Series 1-4 back then than series 1 on it's own

Last edited: