The Babadook (4K+2D Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: July 26, 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Amazon - Zavvi) - £42.99 (HMV) - £35.99 (Zoom)
47601_1_BABADOOK_3D_BD_SLIPCASE_PACK_V2_2_1024x1024@2x.pngTheBabadookExplodedPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

Special Features

• Audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • This is my House: a new interview with Actor Essie Davis
  • The Sister: a new interview with Actor Hayley McElhinney
  • Don't Let It In: a new interview with Producer Kristina Ceyton
  • Conjuring Nightmares: a new interview Producer Kristian Moliere
  • Shaping Darkness: a new interview with Editor Simon Njoo
  • If It's in a Name or in a Look: a new interview with Production Designer Alex Holmes
  • The Bookmaker: a new interview with the book designer Alexander Juhasz
  • Ba-Ba-Ba...Dook!: a new interview with Composer Jed Kurzel
  • Monster: Jennifer Kent's original short film
  • They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
  • There's No Place Like Home: Creating The House
  • Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
  • The Stunts
  • Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
  • English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
  • 150 page hardback book with new essays by Anna Bogutskaya, Daniel Bird, Kat Ellinger, Rich Johnson, Jon Towlson and Laura Venning, archive Jennifer Kent interview, stills, behind-the-scenes photos and original illustration concepts for the book
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only got a simple amaray for this cute little gem so I'm VERY happy that a company with the strong capabilities of Second Sight is doing this.
It's not a film for everyone ( none are) but for those like me who enjoyed its quirkiness, I think it's great to get a lovely edition.
:sing:

Reactions: MrSquifler
Yes, yes and more yes! Day 1 for me! I really hope Second Sight do this justice.

I have a German media book (Der Babadook)..it would have been nice if the booklet were a full reproduction of that from the film.. just after the movies release there was a full scale reproduction available as I recall but just the book, no discs...
20210121_185816_resized.jpg

Reactions: Jocelin
I have a German media book (Der Babadook)..it would have been nice if the booklet were a full reproduction of that from the film.. just after the movies release there was a full scale reproduction available as I recall but just the book, no discs...

I have one of the original numbered copies of this book you are talking about. It’s a beauty! Was such a shame they didn’t incorporate a page for the film disc even if it wasn’t provided at the time.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I’m kinda hoping for something different from the red cover with black silhouette, however this is so iconic. Maybe even if the colours were inverted that would be cool.

I knew I had seen this movie before, but it certainly didn't impress me because I can't hardly remember anything detail from this movie... :sweat:

• Wow
Reactions: Behold
I love how it isn’t red like all the others. This is an absolute first day for me

Very nice. But I'm buying nothing from them until Dog Soldiers. Do you hear me ? Dog Soldiers !

:naughty::D
I am going to buy this, Dog Soldiers, Drive and any other 4K releases they have planned. Their Limited Edition for Dawn of the Dead 4K is one of my favourite things I own of theirs. I look forward to more stuff. I think I have a disorder. Compulsive buying.

Reactions: Space Cadet