The Babadook (4K+2D Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: July 26, 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Amazon - Zavvi) - £42.99 (HMV) - £35.99 (Zoom)
47601_1_BABADOOK_3D_BD_SLIPCASE_PACK_V2_2_1024x1024@2x.pngTheBabadookExplodedPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

Special Features

• Audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • This is my House: a new interview with Actor Essie Davis
  • The Sister: a new interview with Actor Hayley McElhinney
  • Don't Let It In: a new interview with Producer Kristina Ceyton
  • Conjuring Nightmares: a new interview Producer Kristian Moliere
  • Shaping Darkness: a new interview with Editor Simon Njoo
  • If It's in a Name or in a Look: a new interview with Production Designer Alex Holmes
  • The Bookmaker: a new interview with the book designer Alexander Juhasz
  • Ba-Ba-Ba...Dook!: a new interview with Composer Jed Kurzel
  • Monster: Jennifer Kent's original short film
  • They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
  • There's No Place Like Home: Creating The House
  • Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
  • The Stunts
  • Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
  • English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
  • 150 page hardback book with new essays by Anna Bogutskaya, Daniel Bird, Kat Ellinger, Rich Johnson, Jon Towlson and Laura Venning, archive Jennifer Kent interview, stills, behind-the-scenes photos and original illustration concepts for the book
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Last edited by a moderator:
HMV
Zavvi
Deff.Com (please note they take payment upfront. Their packaging, however, is really awesome, same as Second Sight).
Deff are not a good option for customers based outside UK
Shipping costs are nuts prices if you based outside UK

Example Ireland shipping is £16.95

UK vat is not removed from price at checkout nor is EU vat included in purchase
DHL or postal carrier will very likely apply a handling fee for collection of EU vat when doing delivery

Deff website
European Delivery cost
All EU shipments are via DHL Economy Select. Please be aware you will be required to pay VAT at your local rate and/or a courier admin fee when importing products from Deff into your Country.

Delivery CountryCost
Austria20.95
Belgium16.95
Bulgaria21.95
Croatia21.95
Czech Republic21.95
Denmark20.95
Estonia21.95
France18.95
Germany18.95
Greece21.95
Guernsey17.95
Hungary21.95
Ireland16.95
Italy20.95
Jersey17.95
Latvia21.95
Liechtenstein22.95
Lithuania21.95
Luxembourg16.95
Netherlands16.95
Norway22.95
Poland21.95
Portugal20.95
Romania21.95
Slovak Republic21.95
Slovenia21.95
Spain20.95
Switzerland22.95

Deff are not a good option for customers based outside UK
Shipping costs are nuts prices if you based outside UK

Example Ireland shipping is £16.95

UK vat is not removed from price at checkout nor is EU vat included in purchase
DHL express will apply a handling fee for collection of EU vat when doing delivery

If you need any help sourcing a copy of this just let me know and I’m more than happy to help.

Reactions: paulboland
If you need any help sourcing a copy of this just let me know and I’m more than happy to help.
I don't need help as it's available from other UK retailers who ship to Ireland
Amazon will be available for those based outside UK after release date or before
I get free shipping on all my amazon orders as I'm a prime member

Deff are a no go as far as I'm concerned I rather use Zavvi instead if that was my only other option

I noticed recently purchase links for Deff been added to threads it's to make aware EU members about the total costs involved if you order from them and are based outside UK

Deff also sometimes don't have the actual stock so beware in that regard yes they will refund you if they have to cancel your order

Is this limited at all?
Yes it's a limited edition

All second sight releases that come in a slipbox with booklet/poster artcards are limited edtions

They always release a standard edition after the limited edition sells out
The standard edition are most times just a amaray release and don't incude booklets or poster or artcards
Very rare occasions a standard edition might be a digipack with a slipbox but that also won't include booklet or artcards etc

A lot of second sight limited edition sell out shortly after release date

• Thanks
Reactions: Billy Talent
I heard this was pretty scary, is that really the case?
I suppose it depends on what you would see as scary.
Id need to watch it again, when I originally watched it back when it first came out I didn't really watch it properly.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I suppose it depends on what you would see as scary.
Id need to watch it again, when I originally watched it back when it first came out I didn't really watch it properly.
Well it took me a year to work up the nerve just to watch Evil Dead and The Grudge scared the living crap out of me so if that tells you anything.

Oh I just found where William Friedkin said it was the most terrifying movie he'd seen and he directed the exorcist so maybe I'll pass. :scat: :bag: :ohno:

I heard this was pretty scary, is that really the case?
I wouldn’t personally class it as a film that scares me, to be fair there isn’t much that does actually “scare” me.

I would definitely put it up in my top 5 or top 10 most traumatising films based on an incredible balance of scares, creepiness, mystery, suspense, and all the other elements that to me make a good horror film.

There’s something about this films simplicity and almost premium-amateur style that makes it one of my all time favourite films.

I couldn’t recommend it any higher however if you are the type of person who doesn’t want every ambient noise terrifying you when you are trying to sleep, because the film has left your traumatised, then don’t watch it haha!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I wouldn’t personally class it as a film that scares me, to be fair there isn’t much that does actually “scare” me.

I would definitely put it up in my top 5 or top 10 most traumatising films based on an incredible balance of scares, creepiness, mystery, suspense, and all the other elements that to me make a good horror film.

There’s something about this films simplicity and almost premium-amateur style that makes it one of my all time favourite films.

I couldn’t recommend it any higher however if you are the type of person who doesn’t want every ambient noise terrifying you when you are trying to sleep, because the film has left your traumatised, then don’t watch it haha!
Thank you, I'll probably pick this up on Bluray first then and if I like it then I'll buy it on 4K. That was very helpful.

• Friendly
Reactions: Behold