Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Release date: June 3, 2019
Purchase links: Shout Factory
Price: $19.99

BabadookPride_Cover.jpg
Thanks to the unpredictable world of social media, viral videos and passionate fans, The Babadook became an unexpected and embraced LGBTQ mascot in 2017 and even carried over into last year as well. This year, we fling the closet doors open even further to cement his status!

We’ve created a special release with participation from our fine partners at IFC Midnight: an official limited edition and numbered Pride Month-themed slipcover packaging that will be shrink-wrapped over our existing Blu-ray release. The slipcover has a gloss finish with embossed highlights.

Only 2,500 are being made. This variant will be sold exclusively on Shoutfactory.com.

Note that a portion of the sales will go to an LGBT+ organization.

If I didn't already have that nice pop-up style edition, I would definitely grab this!

How random. Thought this was a joke for a second

I was not aware that the Babadook became a LGBTQ mascot in 2017 lol. I’m so confused

crap artwork for a crap movie ...in my opnion.
damn, that kid was so annoying ...when I'd be his mother, then I'd try to kill him before the Babadook try to do that.
The Babadook should fear the kid and not the other way around.

it all started as a joke when netflix had it incorrectly listed under "LGBT Movies" and it blew up from there. So it really started as a joke and blew up into memeland, no big deal really. More funny than anything, of course at the end of it people took it too far but yeah. The Babadook as an LGBT icon makes sense. No, really

I had a feeling it was because of a kind of internet joke/ meme/ gif etc but that’s quite funny that it started with Netflix categorising it wrongly. lol