Cancelled The Bastard Executioner (Season 1) [FX]

Sixteenvolt420

TV/Video Game/Music Mod
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
11888075_597660987042327_4276817380855622327_n.jpg

The Bastard Executioner is a blood-soaked, medieval epic that tells the story of Wilkin Brattle, a 14th century warrior, whose life is forever changed when a divine messenger beseeches him to lay down his sword and lead the life of another man: a journeyman executioner. Set in northern Wales during a time rife with rebellion and political upheaval, Wilkin must walk a tight rope between protecting his true identity while also serving a mysterious destiny.

Guided by Annora, a mystical healer whose seeming omniscience keeps Wilkin under her sway; manipulated by Milus Corbett, a devious Chamberlain with grand political aspirations; and driven by a deepening connection with the Baroness Lady Love, Wilkin struggles to navigate political, emotional and supernal pitfalls in his quest to understand his greater purpose.

Reactions: djs1401
Wasn't too interested in this at first glance, but after finding out it's creator is Kurt Sutter (I loved SOA), I'll give it a go.
I also love Vikings, and it looks a lot like that, so I'm hoping it's good

Reactions: ocielz
FX has cancelled Kurt Sutter’s ambitious period drama The Bastard Executioner after one very low-rated season.
Sutter took the unusual step of announcing the show’s cancellation in a series of ads in the Hollywood trades:

“The audience has spoken and, unfortunately, the word is ‘meh,’ Sutter wrote. “So with due respect, we bring our anthology to an epic and fiery close.”

Bastard, which aired its series finale Tuesday night, was averaging barely more than 1 million viewers an episode.

I think it was an odd choice and hopefully he can't move and start making the SOA prequel :)