The Batman (2022) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 52) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 24, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on June 24, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $185.97 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti Check your local timing HERE

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Glow in Dark, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3d Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman2022_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_LS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_DLS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly, "fist come, first serve" basis, the old way - the best way - the easiest way :) Works great still over there on other bd forum.
Now I am intrigued on the reasoning behind the change. At least to me, both methods are similar in regards to the "first come, first serve" basis. You have to be active enough on this forum to stay on top of the GBs.

I can see that the current method gives others a better chance to plan ahead and have a fighting chance, but from what I'm reading here some people still end up missing the GB just because they weren't really following it (and there are others with other reasons such as yesterday being Father's Day). However, one would suggest that the old method would give "hardcore collectors" or "those who want it most" an easier time with acquiring a copy because you're not fighting everyone else F5'ing the GB purchase page relentlessly before it goes up.

I can agree with both sides of the camp, and I'm honestly down with whichever way we go with the GB system, even if it's something completely different. I still would like to know the reasoning behind the transition to the new process. :)

Except that on the other forum you know that your request has been validated when you receive the invoice... and it is often too late to go to another GB

Don´t want to go into details here, but yeah you probably mean the GBs from triggers, but I had in mind only the GBs from kevin for Blufans, where If you make it before he closes the GB thread you are most likely safe on 99%.

Reactions: Flloydo and milky
Now I am intrigued on the reasoning behind the change. At least to me, both methods are similar in regards to the "first come, first serve" basis. You have to be active enough on this forum to stay on top of the GBs.

I can see that the current method gives others a better chance to plan ahead and have a fighting chance, but from what I'm reading here some people still end up missing the GB just because they weren't really following it (and there are others with other reasons such as yesterday being Father's Day). However, one would suggest that the old method would give "hardcore collectors" or "those who want it most" an easier time with acquiring a copy because you're not fighting everyone else F5'ing the GB purchase page relentlessly before it goes up.

I can agree with both sides of the camp, and I'm honestly down with whichever way we go with the GB system, even if it's something completely different. I still would like to know the reasoning behind the transition to the new process. :)
I think one of the main reasons for the change was that some people would take part in the GB but later never pay and back out without good reasons and that makes for a lot of stress on the GB host's side. With the new system, you have to pay the money at the time of GB partaking, this problem was thereby solved. Also, the GB host doesn't have to "run after" every single member to finally pay the invoice which also amounts to quite a bit of time and work involved. But that's just my guess here.

I think one of the main reasons for the change was that some people would take part in the GB but later never pay and back out without good reasons and that makes for a lot of stress on the GB host's side. With the new system, you have to pay the money at the time of GB partaking, this problem was thereby solved. Also, the GB host doesn't have to "run after" every single member to finally pay the invoice which also amounts to quite a bit of time and work involved. But that's just my guess here.
That makes sense. It looks like this GB's situation has shown that the current method can still be rather stressful for the host.

I'm seeing that PayPal as the main payment option is becoming more of an issue lately (looking at the @apsmith21 situation). Changing the payment methods could help ease some issues with fees and what have you, but what about the issue with hidefninja.com not being able to deal with the traffic? Would moving GBs to another location (i.e. eBay) really work? :confused:

Reactions: gAnX
Yeah, that's probably the reason, but nowadays there are many, many more willing to buy/pay, than even 5 years ago, so there's always going to be a 'waiting list' of 'spares' to take the place of anyone backing out. Plus those that do that more, than once, are usually put in a black list of some sort.
I'm still all for going back to the 'old ways'.
Or Amazon Pay.
Or both! :D

Reactions: milky and Halo500
this is the old school gb system

The current way is still first come first serve. the difference from the old way is you pay immediately instead of the old way where the gb host has to make sure everyone pays by a certain date. I wasn't here on hdn when they did the old way but have done gb like that on other sites. The new way usually makes the payment part easier for the gb host except not this time with the PayPal fees. I think the current way is ok, but maybe add other pay options along with PayPal.

edit: just saw that steelcollz just made the same point before me, my bad.

Reactions: Halo500
Except that on the other forum you know that your request has been validated when you receive the invoice... and it is often too late to go to another GB
Also if there’s too much demand and not enough stock, it’s not ‘first come first served’ it’s ‘who do they want to have it’ after tiered members had their picks. Which is why I ended up here and the system was much fairer.

When I started collecting premium editions, 5 years ago, I thought GB's were the only way to get such editions.
Today I'm still puzzled as to why Collectong and others do GB's. It's clear that every single release is gonna go soldout, even without GB's, even just selling them on the site.
I do realise China is different. Blufans never sold anything on their site. HDzeta does but their site is a joke.
GB's should be meant to allow collectors to access rare editions, sold by small retailers which struggle to reach the mass. WCL and MLife come to my mind.
Collectong does not need GB's. They just need to put those 1,000 DL's for sale all together on preorder day. Period.
Do they really think they wouldn't sell all of their copies? They could have thought that with Man of Steel, the first 5, maybe 10 releases. Now it's laughable...

Last edited:
Don´t want to go into details here, but yeah you probably mean the GBs from triggers, but I had in mind only the GBs from kevin for Blufans, where If you make it before he closes the GB thread you are most likely safe on 99%.
so many details. my head cant handle it...
BiodegradableVelvetyAnglerfish-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: milky
Also if there’s too much demand and not enough stock, it’s not ‘first come first served’ it’s ‘who do they want to have it’ after tiered members had their picks. Which is why I ended up here and the system was much fairer.
I definitely prefer that aspect of this forum's GBs where there isn't some tier/subscription system that gives those with that an advantage in GBs. How we're going about right now is much more fair. :D

I'd like to bring up an idea, having read through most of the messages there is still a split decision on which is best. From both the host and the ninjas side.

You could alleviate the payment issue (members not paying and hosts having to chase) from the old GB style by having 'site credit'. Ninjas can add X amount of money to the site and use it as they please, less stress with money and it all comes down to first come first serve still but the host can choose to either have a stated time of the GB purchase link or just upload it as they please. If the GB prices are announced early then members can credit the site with the exact amount they need (or more) and then have any additional charges or fees already added to the sale. Just a thought :whistle:

When I started collecting premium editions, 5 years ago, I thought GB's were the only way to get such editions.
Today I'm still puzzled as to why Collectong and others do GB's. It's clear that every single release is gonna go soldout, even without GB's, even just selling them on the site.
I do realise China is different. Blufans never sold anything on their site. HDzeta does but their site is a joke.
GB's should be meant to allow collectors to access rare editions, sold by small retailers which struggle to reach the mass. WCL and MLife come to my mind.
Collectong does not need GB's. They just need to put those 1,000 DL's for sale all together on preorder day. Period.
Do they really think they wouldn't sell all of their copies? They could have thought that with Man of Steel, the first 5, maybe 10 releases. Now it's laughable...
I think they realise they don’t need to, it’s likely a way to still reward the people who supported them initially with original GBs when they started etc. I’m assuming Aniv and others have a good relationship with Manta and they’re happy to keep them going due to that.

Does anybody actually know why the quantities in the Group Buys end up being oversold?

If there are 30 copies of an item in stock in the system then why is the system allowing more than 30 copies to be sold?

Has that been explained here somewhere before?

Does anybody actually know why the quantities in the Group Buys end up being oversold?

If there are 30 copies of an item in stock in the system then why is the system allowing more than 30 copies to be sold?

Has that been explained here somewhere before?
Site was really laggy last night with everyone pressing F5. Probably 2-3 people checking out at the same exact moment is my guess.