The Batman (2022) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 52) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 24, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on June 24, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $185.97 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti Check your local timing HERE

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Glow in Dark, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3d Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman2022_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_LS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_DLS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
This one is for the site owners to work out, we can come up with all sorts of suggestions but a lot of them I doubt are even applicable for various reasons.
I love this site and luckily through it I have obtained many steelbooks that I would have struggled to get elsewhere but there has been nothing but problems since we swapped to the pay immediately link to PayPal and I am not going detail all of the reasons, many nothing to do with HIDN.
I mentioned before that going back to the old way but with a 24 hours to pay by the link sent after you are confirmed as in, which would stop the non payments.
I feel real bad for @Aniv as a lot of other people would have just said **** it and walk away.

I hope that a better way to kick off GB’s can be found, there will always be those that don’t get on the GB which sucks but I really do hope that this gets resolved.

You guys shouldn't buy these collectors editions by going in debt, it's a hobby first.
It’s not about going into debt due to being unable to afford it, it’s about spending money and going into debt efficiently. Not sure about other countries but in the UK to have good credit, you have to have and use credit regularly, i.e. spending other banks and financial bodies money first, and your own later. If I want to be able to qualify for a larger mortgage, or a bigger car loan, the kinds of purchases I simply could never afford out right, I have to have decent history of owing people money, and paying it off on time.

PayPal Credit offers a 4 month 0% interest on any purchase over £99. Can I afford £130/£150 in 1 go, definitely. Would I rather pay it off over 4 months and it not cost me a penny more, whilst build up my credit history for free, absolutely. Not to mention how I pay it all off, which is hella complicated, means I earn a TON of points and cash back. It’s not about working for your money as such, but making your money work for you.

I'm gonna guess that Collectong will have just a little more stock than usual this time. I live in Taiwan and local sellers have been selling the Manta Lab series since like forever. Could pick up the last few earlier entries (Prestige, Dune, Her) very easily with quite abundant copies. With The Batman stock is very limited. Maybe this is also why Aniv is only getting one allocation. So perhaps a little more hope for direct buyers this Friday.

Form reading all the posts since this fiasco, I agree with one thing, something that my old school buddy @Flloydo has said, there are plenty more people that are pissed that are afraid to stand up and voice their opinions.
That I can agree on.

- That can be fear of being banned from future Group Buys.
- Giving yourself a bad name that rants.
- Don’t want the backlash from members or the Admin/Staff.
- Can’t be bothered.
- Lurker.
- Or simply just moving.

I was one of those Six, wanting to move on, and the old saying ‘it is what it is’. However, I decided to share my opinion and take the backlash (if any).

The short version.
These types of Group Buys are Awful and a Complete Mess.
HDN - you need to take responsibility.

Now the long version.

If the site cannot deal with the overload of being excessively sold HDN and our Group Buy Host @Aniv need to fix the situation and find and learn better ways to deal with these Group Buys in future. If they choose NOT to, then expect quite a few disgruntled members and opinions.

This hasn’t happened once, but has happened before and still we have the same issues, and pissed off people from both sides:
Aniv who’s organising them and the Buyer such as myself and others.

So the site has oversold (again) and can’t deal with excessive orders.

Aniv has to take responsibility as the GB host.

- He has taken the time to explain the site has over sold
- Refund the excessive orders and refund the PayPal fees
- Confirmed who made the list.

The Buyer has:

- Wasted their time going online to place the order under the false assumption that it was available with a successful order by receiving an acknowledgement email, and also shown on ‘my purchases’.

- The Buyer (if not paying USD) who are refunded can also lose out by exchange rate fees. See the screen shot. Plain black and white, I lost out £3GBP for being refunded for the boxset.

The Issues for the Buyer is not simply ‘missing out’ as it was rarely sought. It’s the fact that we came on, have a free shot to join the GB and under the false assumption we thought we got it by email and my purchase, only to realise we didn’t. If we missed out we can say, ‘oh well better luck next time’ and move on. But this isn’t the case right now.

Losing money as well for being refunded is also aggravating now. So members are losing money at the same time for not making it on the list.

Now I discover that only I didn’t make the list under false assumptions, I am out of pocket for joining a GB (successful or not). So yes I am quite cheesed off.

I wasted my time.
I actually lose money myself.
Aniv wasted his time for trying to fix the problem.
Lost on refunding PayPal fees.

I don’t hold Aniv directly responsible, I hold HDN. But what I do say is Aniv has a responsibility to learn from this as this isn’t the first time it’s happened. As a Group Buy host you still share some of that responsibility.

HDN it’s your site, your servers, your GB’s, all the decisions you make. Just as much as you can take all the great words and success of this growing forum, you also NEED to look at this mess and take responsibility and be accountable. Wise people learn from their mistakes and listen to feedback and be responsible instead of trying to to ignore the issues or defect then onto something else.

Please implement better methods to deal with this again so both sides don’t lose money, and waste their time. The very least improve and reduce the negative variance and hear us out.

To everyone else, happy hunting and peace.

Attachments

• E483216F-568F-48C8-8CED-454EDCA9F00E.png
    E483216F-568F-48C8-8CED-454EDCA9F00E.png
    420.7 KB · Views: 79
I'm gonna guess that Collectong will have just a little more stock than usual this time. I live in Taiwan and local sellers have been selling the Manta Lab series since like forever. Could pick up the last few earlier entries (Prestige, Dune, Her) very easily with quite abundant copies. With The Batman stock is very limited. Maybe this is also why Aniv is only getting one allocation. So perhaps a little more hope for direct buyers this Friday.
Didn't know local sellers had copies for sale too... This explains why those on their site sell out so fast... I thought it was due to GB's mainly... Do you know how many copies are given this way?

• Wow
Reactions: Chemartin_1
Didn't know local sellers had copies for sale too... This explains why those on their site sell out so fast... I thought it was due to GB's mainly... Do you know how many copies are given this way?
Bubble are exploding.

And the worst affected party is Collectong, for letting scalpers do their business for so long (including that many GB's).

1 copy per person/order when GB's or local resellers can take hundreds in advance isn't a good deal at all. And now the consequences.

NovaMedia, or Kimchidvd, forgot who, used to write, this many copies for local sale, and this many for international sales.

Form reading all the posts since this fiasco, I agree with one thing, something that my old school buddy @Flloydo has said, there are plenty more people that are pissed that are afraid to stand up and voice their opinions.
That I can agree on.

- Can’t be bothered.
- Lurker.
- Or simply just moving.

I was one of those Six, wanting to move on, and the old saying ‘it is what it is’. However, I decided to share my opinion and take the backlash (if any).

The short version.

Now the long version.

If the site cannot deal with the overload of being excessively sold HDN and our Group Buy Host @Aniv need to fix the situation and find and learn better ways to deal with these Group Buys in future. If they choose NOT to, then expect quite a few disgruntled members and opinions.

This hasn’t happened once, but has happened before and still we have the same issues, and pissed off people from both sides:

The Buyer has:

- Wasted their time going online to place the order under the false assumption that it was available with a successful order by receiving an acknowledgement email, and also shown on ‘my purchases’.

- The Buyer (if not paying USD) who are refunded can also lose out by exchange rate fees. See the screen shot. Plain black and white, I lost out £3GBP for being refunded for the boxset.

The Issues for the Buyer is not simply ‘missing out’ as it was rarely sought. It’s the fact that we came on, have a free shot to join the GB and under the false assumption we thought we got it by email and my purchase, only to realise we didn’t. If we missed out we can say, ‘oh well better luck next time’ and move on. But this isn’t the case right now.

Losing money as well for being refunded is also aggravating now. So members are losing money at the same time for not making it on the list.

Now I discover that only I didn’t make the list under false assumptions, I am out of pocket for joining a GB (successful or not). So yes I am quite cheesed off.

I wasted my time.

I don’t hold Aniv directly responsible, I hold HDN. But what I do say is Aniv has a responsibility to learn from this as this isn’t the first time it’s happened. As a Group Buy host you still share some of that responsibility.

HDN it’s your site, your servers, your GB’s, all the decisions you make. Just as much as you can take all the great words and success of this growing forum, you also NEED to look at this mess and take responsibility and be accountable. Wise people learn from their mistakes and listen to feedback and be responsible instead of trying to to ignore the issues or defect then onto something else.

Please implement better methods to deal with this again so both sides don’t lose money, and waste their time. The very least improve and reduce the negative variance and hear us out.

Well said dude.

It's acceptable to be pissed off.

And nothing wrong in venting that frustration.

Better than sucking up or brown nosing.

That I can agree on.

- Can’t be bothered.
- Lurker.
- Or simply just moving.

The short version.

Now the long version.

The Buyer has:

I wasted my time.

All the brown nosing noobs that managed to get their copies won't agree with you though....

Reactions: Halo500 and vexred
From what I can see. Three sellers were selling it. About 9 sets total for OC, FS, and SL. Only saw 2 sets of the DL available so yes that will be the hottest one.
Taiwan isn't considered the same region as Hong Kong so we aren't local. I'm guessing the three sellers knows a MantaLab distributor in HK and acquires through that channel.

• Informative
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Used to be more fun. Things used to work.
A few bucks extra for a GB tax, a small price for peace of mind. And much better deals on HDN than I've seen elsewhere.

More often now seems months of discussion, trying to do all the right things just often ends in a disappointing time suck and empty hands. Sometimes the 15 second direct window works,.. sometimes...
But so many more buyers now, or scalpers...
Prices go up, quantities stay low.

Miserable result.
Used to be more fun.

And... outside a couple of huge releases, still can be. Especially outside the super hero genre.
But can get to a point where you just want to say,, fk this,, and for those who paid in good faith and had an extended dance with disappointment, I feel for you.
Could have actually been one of you or actually scored, but could see something was obviously wrong again so didn't even bother trying.

Has to be a better system.
Currently not fair to either side.

You were too slow ^_^.
Clearly getting one at tiered membership site wasn't enough for scalpers like you - and i believe more scalpers left without one cause of this which is only fair for them.
Now i can chill. :giggle:

chillin jus b chill GIF
Can’t believe this guy is still this salty over being too SLOW haha.. Issues withstanding he just wasn’t fast enough, everyone was on equal ground. Nothing to complain about in that regard.

The overselling and refunds definitely need some attention though.

You were too slow ^_^.
Clearly getting one at tiered membership site wasn't enough for scalpers like you - and i believe more scalpers left without one cause of this which is only fair for them.
Now i can chill. :giggle:

chillin jus b chill GIF
Wtf are you on about?

Too slow is not being able to order and missing it. Although the system oversold and he didn’t make the cut it’s still not his issue and has a right to be annoyed because a payment was made. So too slow don’t really work here you muppet

You are so strange

Wtf are you on about?

Too slow is not being able to order and missing it. Although the system oversold and he didn’t make the cut it’s still not his issue and has a right to be annoyed because a payment was made. So too slow don’t really work here you muppet

You are so strange
The 'ignore' button is such a wonderful creation! :LOL: