The Batman (2022) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 52) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 24, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on June 24, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $185.97 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti Check your local timing HERE

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Glow in Dark, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3d Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman2022_Overall-Packshot_Box_5000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_LS_2000x.jpgBatman2022_Overall-Packshot_DLS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbs: SL and FS secured.

I heard that Manta limited their way to purchase (left more stock for their own website, and less for national resellers and the rest of the group buys).
Am I wrong?
I would say so. This was one of the smoother releases. Everything seems to have lasted for over a minute so for sure I think Collectong had more stock available.

Alright. Now let’s just hope this releases on time late August. Then, here’s hoping it touches down in the US in time for Batman Day mid-September.

Honestly, man. I'm just sick. Guess I'm hoping FAC does something amazing with this....if they ever get back on track. Love what I have from them. Damn.
FAC stinks nowadays. You can't expect anything breathtaking from them. They are mostly just focused on their WWA dressed up slips anyway. They keep producing bad lenticulars no one wants. I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Woke up an hour late. I was on the fence with this one, so I'm not too bothered.

Congrats to everyone that got what they wanted.

I grabbed a DL, but honestly think the SL might turn out to be the nicest one in hand. The DL might be unbelievably great, but both those images on lentis could also totally bomb.
As for the two lenticular editions (DL and SL) I also bet for a better effect on the SL. I got the Spanish steelbook (3 discs edition) with exactly the same images on front and back as Manta Lab's DL. Both images are really dark (as we all can see, but in-hand it is darker... to my old eyes :) ) and, especially the back, it seems more a draw than a picture to me.

From my experience with Manta's lenticulars, when the image is dark, the lenti results REALLY dark. I am confident that both images in a FS edition would have result great, but I have serious doubts that the same WOOWW effect will result in the DL. On the other hand, the SL is very vibrant in colors and I expect that we will get a nice surprise with it in-hand (plus I love the back image and I am grateful that it is not lenticular). Anyway, as I like the art on all of them, I went for the OC through the GB. Now it is only a question of time and I am pretty sure that all of them will look great and the best edition will only depend on the different tastes, which always means a great job, in this case by Manta Lab.

It doesn't count when your editions are all sealed but damaged, or your hoard of unopened shipping boxes that probably contain potatoes since the retailers sussed you out looong ago :p

What you don't know doesn't hurt. xD
Sorry for all those who open it and get burned. >.<