The Batman (2022) (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive CP-000) [Hong Kong]

Added to Calendar: 05-31-23

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: May 31 June 19, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti
Price: $132.97 (Box Set) - $38.99 (Full Slip) - $39.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Note: no discs
Manta Lab is releasing a new line of steelbook and we are offering the CP steelbook first to those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Exclusive Steelbook. We will send the order & invoice to our customers to match the edition they've purchased. Remaining copies will pre-order on March 31st.
Dear Collectors,

We are thrilled to announce the release of our first CP Steelbook [CP#000] The Batman. We have partnered with CP licenses to produce collectible steelbooks at a much lower price point, without including the movie discs. As an exclusive steelbook company, our goal is to always provide amazing designs and high-quality products for every movie steelbook, and we are excited to expand our collection with this new product line.

Unlike Homevideo Steelbooks, some movies may not have sufficient materials to work with, so not every release will be available in this product lineup. Additionally, we will only work on movies for which we can guarantee the quality of materials.

We understand that this concept may be new to our collectors, but we hope to receive the same support for our new lineup as we do for our existing products.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing more amazing steelbooks in this lineup soon.

Best regards,

Manta Lab
FB_IMG_1679547439483.jpg CP_Batman_Overall-Packshot_box_0322_5000x[1].jpg CP_Batman_FS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpg CP_Batman_DLS_packshot_v2_5000x[1].jpg CP_Batman_LS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpg
Last edited by a moderator:


Jul 22, 2020
Where did you read that I was planning to buy through his GB? I simply note that he voluntarily banned me because I raised inconsistencies in his management of ZSJL GB.
As a reminder, a forum is a place of discussion where we share our opinions with, fortunately, disagreements... a democratic place with respect for everyone. I didn't insult him, just hurt his self-esteem with an observation.
I don't really care about being banned because It is obvious that I will never buy via his GB again and even less in his shop for which I received a newsletter today to inform of the implementation of a delay of payment. So, banned from his GB but not from his shop...
No offence, but I'm reading all that. In answer to your initial question though, from you. You did lol

You literally asked why you didn't get a message from aniv to buy CP#000, because you bought ME#52. Any opportunity he'd offer you would obviously be via his GB, not direct.

Again, no offence, but I don't think you've thought this though.


Jul 22, 2020
True, kinda like the whole scratch steelbook fiasco with Weet Avengers infinity war (i think). I thought it was funny that all the sealed collectors were trying to get replacements but Weet needed picture proof so they were trying to get pictures without opening their editions. :LOL:
For this edition, im in favour of it. I've already got 1 set of x3 TBM discs I don't need , I for sure don't need a 2nd! Lol
  • Haha
Reactions: Nova


Jul 22, 2020
I've got at least 3 sets of discs for this movie already. I'm fine with discless edition, but it should have been cheaper
I have 2, maybe 3, definitely didn't need another lol Honestly though, $14 less is fine by me. $40 for a WEA DL is hardly $$. Anybody expecting a lot lower price from manta was kidding themselves imo. We buy these releases first and foremost because of the packaging, the discs are basically a bonus.


Premium Supporter
Jul 18, 2017
I'm not interested in the aftermarket pricing on the first run (which I missed out on) and $150 for one copy of that edition vs. $60 for one copy of this edition (and I prefer the steelbook art on the re-release) makes it a decent buy as I can simply put the discs I already have inside the steelbook.

If Manta Lab is doing a similar tactic for other re-releases, I hope La La Land is next. I can't easily justify $250-$500 for a copy even though it's my most wanted title from Manta Lab. So maybe it seems silly to some of you but some of us could buy the re-releases.
  • Like
Reactions: apsmith21


Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Just had a look at these again as I've been offered one. And I've come to the conclusion that none of this is very good!

The new steelbook is awful IMO and the best slip of the 3 is probably the DL but it's mostly just a rehash of the original steelbook. The FS is just awful too. That combined with this new steelbook is a just a hot, red mess IMO. (Catwoman looks like she's wearing a gimp mask on the back!) I might have gone for the SL if they left just the Riddler on the rear but the text looks tacky and ruins it.

So, easy pass for me.


Premium Supporter
Aug 9, 2016
I like the steel better than the first Manta steel. My only complaint is that there's no option to buy just the steel, or at most a quarter-slip. I'd like to switch that steel into the first DL from Manta, which I think will make a nice black/red contrast. But I don't like any of the new slips well enough to want to keep them for a different steel switch.

Whatever they used for the background of the beauty shot images seems like it would have been more interesting than what they used on the new slips.
Aug 19, 2021
This steelbook art is the one I wanted in the first place, best poster art for the movie. Shame this wasn't the first steel.

I have a reservation for the new DL; I would only consider buying it for the steel, if anyone here is interested in just purchasing the DL slip, drop me a PM.


That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Do we think this also extends the window for taking up the reserved copy for buyer's of the initial release? I still haven't decided...
Pretty sure that’s still tomorrow

It’s because of that they need more time to sort out what’s left and giving themselves a day in between that and pre order clearly wasn’t long enough.

So unless you have an email stating your invoice deadline has increased then id say it’s safe to say it’s still tomorrow
  • Like
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Aug 19, 2021
Do we think this also extends the window for taking up the reserved copy for buyer's of the initial release? I still haven't decided...
I sent this very question directly to Collectong. This was their response:

"If it's not available, we will extend it to next week."

I don't understand what it means, though. :LOL: