The Batman (2022) (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive CP-000) [Hong Kong]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: May 31 June 19, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti
Price: $132.97 (Box Set) - $38.99 (Full Slip) - $39.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Note: no discs
Manta Lab is releasing a new line of steelbook and we are offering the CP steelbook first to those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Exclusive Steelbook. We will send the order & invoice to our customers to match the edition they've purchased. Remaining copies will pre-order on March 31st.
Dear Collectors,

We are thrilled to announce the release of our first CP Steelbook [CP#000] The Batman. We have partnered with CP licenses to produce collectible steelbooks at a much lower price point, without including the movie discs. As an exclusive steelbook company, our goal is to always provide amazing designs and high-quality products for every movie steelbook, and we are excited to expand our collection with this new product line.

Unlike Homevideo Steelbooks, some movies may not have sufficient materials to work with, so not every release will be available in this product lineup. Additionally, we will only work on movies for which we can guarantee the quality of materials.

We understand that this concept may be new to our collectors, but we hope to receive the same support for our new lineup as we do for our existing products.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing more amazing steelbooks in this lineup soon.

Best regards,

Manta Lab
FB_IMG_1679547439483.jpgCP_Batman_Overall-Packshot_box_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_FS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_DLS_packshot_v2_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_LS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh right it’s 3 editions and a one click

Yeah I dunno how I feel about all this now. I mean the art is really great and different to most stuff we’ve already seen but I just don’t know

Reactions: vexred
I for one think this is might be a solid business move.

That price point isn't THAT much lower guys or am I just being a cheap Basterd. :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Axel
Manta Lab is releasing a new line of steelbook and we are offering the CP steelbook first to those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Exclusive Steelbook. We will send the order & invoice to our customers to match the edition they've purchased. Remaining copies will pre-order on March 31st.

Where can I see the above? I couldn't find it anywhere...

Where can I see the above? I couldn't find it anywhere...

So they apparently match the edition you purchased direct when they send this email out which is a shame because I bought I the SL direct and it’s the one version I could skip here lol

Really want that FS. Possibly the DL too

So Matrix revolutions and another one of these CP releases in April.

Sounds like these CPs are just another way to get another release up for pre order each month but saying it’s different because it’s discless and and a new wave title. Not sure how I feel about that.

And yeah I don’t think these prices are much cheaper either. I’ve seen much cheaper discless editions. They always say how expensive their discs are in their region but these prices kinda say otherwise

So Matrix revolutions and another one of these CP releases in April.

Sounds like these CPs are just another way to get another release up for pre order each month but saying it’s different because it’s discless and and a new wave title. Not sure how I feel about that.

And yeah I don’t think these prices are much cheaper either. I’ve seen much cheaper discless editions. They always say how expensive their discs are in their region but these prices kinda say otherwise
I thought they'd be about $25 without the discs.

Another thing that’s amused me.

You get a lenticular character card with each slip and it’s 1 of 4 characters at random

So with 3 editions in a OC you will never get a full set plus it’s at random so you could potentially get the same character 3 times.

Really poor imo. It should be 1 of 3 and each slip gets a set character. It’s literally that simple

Reactions: Firestorm91
That lenticular is nice. I never picked up any of Manta's Batman versions and I just got the standard 4K on sale here so I might hop on this.

Since they decided to do a range which is disc less I'd have preferred them to go further and got rid of all the crap that comes with them. Just slips and steelbook. Even if it meant the editions are slightly slimmer.

Reactions: Noodles
This is next level greediness. They closing up on FA in my eyes now. Why on earth another The Batman?? Why now, so soon after the first release with discs? And price difference is way too low, thanks but no thanks, you will not get support from me Manta, hell no. Market is already oversaturated and they come up with this s*it? Really disappointed with Manta now. I hope this will fails same quick as their "idea" with Logan special box edition back then.