The Batman (2022) (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive CP-000) [Hong Kong]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: May 31 June 19, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti
Price: $132.97 (Box Set) - $38.99 (Full Slip) - $39.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Note: no discs
Manta Lab is releasing a new line of steelbook and we are offering the CP steelbook first to those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Exclusive Steelbook. We will send the order & invoice to our customers to match the edition they've purchased. Remaining copies will pre-order on March 31st.
Dear Collectors,

We are thrilled to announce the release of our first CP Steelbook [CP#000] The Batman. We have partnered with CP licenses to produce collectible steelbooks at a much lower price point, without including the movie discs. As an exclusive steelbook company, our goal is to always provide amazing designs and high-quality products for every movie steelbook, and we are excited to expand our collection with this new product line.

Unlike Homevideo Steelbooks, some movies may not have sufficient materials to work with, so not every release will be available in this product lineup. Additionally, we will only work on movies for which we can guarantee the quality of materials.

We understand that this concept may be new to our collectors, but we hope to receive the same support for our new lineup as we do for our existing products.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing more amazing steelbooks in this lineup soon.

Best regards,

Manta Lab
FB_IMG_1679547439483.jpgCP_Batman_Overall-Packshot_box_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_FS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_DLS_packshot_v2_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_LS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm yeah, on the fence regarding this... kinda defeats the whole purpose of collecting movies. Plus it's not even that much cheaper than their usual editions, so just feels like another excuse to take advantage of collectors and their wallets IMO.

Tbf I think the pricing is fair, 14usd less for no discs. I mean that's about what it'd cost you to buy separately now, if you don't already have the discs. If you already have the discs and/or you're a sealed collector, it makes even more sense.

Reactions: LegacyTom
Easy pass.

Months ago an admin from HDN ask us if we agree for some discless Steelbooks for cheaper price.
All agreed on something: depends of the final price.

It is said that discs are the most expensive part of a release.
Now that we all see how this discless Batman release is worth 39.99$, and usual release with discs is worth 52.99$ - 56.99$, I wonder how good is this idea... Because this iniciative shows us all the discs (supposedly the most expensive part) are worth only 15$.

Thoughts?
This iniciative can be the begging of selling discless editions at the same price as with-discs releases.
Only future business from Manta Lab will confirm (and the demand of these releases).

Reactions: Billy Talent
I’d prefer that they get to those Tarantino releases that they have on hold, but I’m sure there are plenty of people who will be happy about this release.

Cant say I’m a huge fan of packaging with no discs, though, and this doesn’t seem to be all that much cost savings anyway, especially if you need to go buy the discs to stick in there.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I am also confused with the message received by email:

"For those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Steelbook will receive the first chance to purchase the product and if you have placed the order for the DLS, you will receive an order with the invoice for the DLS edition of [MCP#-000] The Batman."

And what about those who purchased the previous OC edition? Will they receive now the first chance to purchase the OC for this new edition?

I am also confused with the message received by email:

"For those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Steelbook will receive the first chance to purchase the product and if you have placed the order for the DLS, you will receive an order with the invoice for the DLS edition of [MCP#-000] The Batman."

And what about those who purchased the previous OC edition? Will they receive now the first chance to purchase the OC for this new edition?
The DL is just the example they use.

Yes if you purchased the OC for the original the batman release then you will receive an invoice for this one. And it’s up to you if you want to pay it or not.

If you want a different edition you wait for the general pre order

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Got that email too, but no invoice and no Unpaid order in the account on the website.
Did anyone receive an invoice already?

Easy pass.

Months ago an admin from HDN ask us if we agree for some discless Steelbooks for cheaper price.
All agreed on something: depends of the final price.

It is said that discs are the most expensive part of a release.
Now that we all see how this discless Batman release is worth 39.99$, and usual release with discs is worth 52.99$ - 56.99$, I wonder how good is this idea... Because this iniciative shows us all the discs (supposedly the most expensive part) are worth only 15$.

Thoughts?
This iniciative can be the begging of selling discless editions at the same price as with-discs releases.
Only future business from Manta Lab will confirm (and the demand of these releases).

Think of it this way. You are paying for the intellectual property and the licensing fees that go into it. Depending on the studio, those fees will be MORE or LESS.

Also, if new art is commissioned, that's added to the price. Including the time to get the likeness of the actor approved, and if it's rejected, the art has to be revised.

Slips can be expensive if you don't cheap out on design or the printing process.

There's a lot of hidden costs when it comes to design.

I'm not defending Manta's price point. I'm just saying, if it seems like a fair price to you, purchase it.

If it doesn't talk to someone that can create you a custom that doesn't pay the artist, studio, or anyone else besides that person making the custom
edition.

Food for thought, IMO.

I also received the email for pre-order and it seems that there is a small discount for the people that received the email as the OC for me is $123.97 plus shipping.