The Batman (2022) (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive CP-000) [Hong Kong]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: May 31 June 19, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti
Price: $132.97 (Box Set) - $38.99 (Full Slip) - $39.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Note: no discs
Manta Lab is releasing a new line of steelbook and we are offering the CP steelbook first to those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Exclusive Steelbook. We will send the order & invoice to our customers to match the edition they've purchased. Remaining copies will pre-order on March 31st.
Dear Collectors,

We are thrilled to announce the release of our first CP Steelbook [CP#000] The Batman. We have partnered with CP licenses to produce collectible steelbooks at a much lower price point, without including the movie discs. As an exclusive steelbook company, our goal is to always provide amazing designs and high-quality products for every movie steelbook, and we are excited to expand our collection with this new product line.

Unlike Homevideo Steelbooks, some movies may not have sufficient materials to work with, so not every release will be available in this product lineup. Additionally, we will only work on movies for which we can guarantee the quality of materials.

We understand that this concept may be new to our collectors, but we hope to receive the same support for our new lineup as we do for our existing products.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing more amazing steelbooks in this lineup soon.

Best regards,

Manta Lab
FB_IMG_1679547439483.jpgCP_Batman_Overall-Packshot_box_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_FS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_DLS_packshot_v2_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_LS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Previous ME#52 Batman GB members have special instructions and can purchase right now. Instructions in PM

There is no guarantee it will ship out to customers exactly as direct website orders. If you have issues with my shipping timelines or me in general do not join this Group Buy.

HDN fees will still be charged as the GB's will be in collaboration with the forum

1. Please create an account on the store as soon as possible.
  2. Ensure that you log in at least five minutes before the GB goes live and use the following link.
  3. The GB product listings will only appear at the exact predetermined GB live time for members who did not join the Batman ME52 GB . Until then, they will not be visible on the GB section or in the search results.
  4. Once you have added a product to your cart, please include your HDN ID in the "Order special instructions" field.
  5. Choose from multiple payment options during checkout, with Shop Pay as the preferred option. You can download and setup the shop pay app on your phone or computer in advance, you can also apple pay , meta pay, credit cards etc.
  6. You will receive the shipping bill via the usual process within seven business days. I will investigate automating this process in the future and integrating it with the HDN GB section, if possible.
  7. Orders can only be shipped to address provided during initial order placement. No changes allowed to ensure fast order fulfillment.

That being said here is when the Leon Group Buy will be live. Once its sold out there will be no restock and the only options would be to try directly at CollectonG store or other sources

Available Quantity
OC : 30
FS, LS - 20 of each
DLS - 17

Order Limits
  1. Only one OC Box per customer or address is allowed.
  2. Customers are limited to purchasing one of each individual variant for each address.
  3. Customers who buy the box edition are not permitted to purchase individual variants (DL,FS,LS).

This is what the page will look like for example once the GB is live:
Screenshot 2023-02-25 023934.png

Where to put HDN forum id while checking out?

hdnid.png

When will Group Buy go live? Live Now for ME52 GB Members, info sent in PM. Unsold Qty will be available to everyone else at the schedule displayed below.

1679590231288.png

PM me if any questions.

• Wow
Reactions: Chemartin_1
July 2025: We have exciting news on a new series we're calling DIY. DIY will contain no discs and no art. You purchase the slip and you can draw whatever you want on the cover. The steelbook will also be blank, but will come with 3 pages of stickers to create your own custom design. As an added bonus, every purchase will be upgraded with a free one-click box. It's the box we ship your blank slip and steel in. Just draw on that ****. $89.99

Yeah, this is a strange one. I know many of us probably upgrade a lot—I know I do—but that’s a lot to pay for spiffy packaging. I suppose if it was really spectacular I’d probably go for it.

Got my invoice too, and paid for SL.
I like being a sucker. Although I prefer The licker.
Wish this was a permanent thing for all releases...
fifth element multipass GIF

Well, my thoughts are that this doesn’t interest me. If it wasn’t a repeat Batman release, then who knows. I guess they felt that this was a safe title for a trial run. Regardless, these are companies that operate in a very limited niche market. If releases like this help them make profit with lower costs then fine. It’s really not a big deal either way.

I'm not interested in the aftermarket pricing on the first run (which I missed out on) and $150 for one copy of that edition vs. $60 for one copy of this edition (and I prefer the steelbook art on the re-release) makes it a decent buy as I can simply put the discs I already have inside the steelbook.

If Manta Lab is doing a similar tactic for other re-releases, I hope La La Land is next. I can't easily justify $250-$500 for a copy even though it's my most wanted title from Manta Lab. So maybe it seems silly to some of you but some of us could buy the re-releases.

If Manta Lab is doing a similar tactic for other re-releases, I hope La La Land is next. I can't easily justify $250-$500 for a copy even though it's my most wanted title from Manta Lab. So maybe it seems silly to some of you but some of us could buy the re-releases.

Maybe they could even borrow a page from Lionsgate going forward and on the inside have it printed

“FIRST PRESSING”

and so on…

I too have a feeling they'll just be rehashing from what they already released.
They've even separated these into two new sections on their website.

My thoughts exactly

Well it was a Disney thing in general wasn’t it? Not just for strictly the marvel side
I read through the thread but dunno if I missed the info.

When Manta announced that they had secured a deal with Disney, they specifically stated that they would focus on the Marvel Releases. I remembered as I was disappointed by the news if they were not going to release Strait Up Disney Releases.

Plus for me in North America, to have disc Less options is not cheap. Anything straight from Amazon is not lower that 20$ + Taxes. So to buy a few for each edition is kinda pricey. Don’t like the idea of having a one click where I’d have only one disc within the Box.

I didn’t mind when Blufans did the Discless option for FROZEN II WEA. But I did have to purchase the 3D from the UK and the 4K UHD / Blu-ray combo from Amazon. They had however if I remember correctly reduce the price with some fairness. So with those 2 Amaray it did cost me like 50$.

I don’t like the idea of retailers to start releasing Disc-Less Premium Editions on a regular basis.

I read through the thread but dunno if I missed the info.

When Manta announced that they had secured a deal with Disney, they specifically stated that they would focus on the Marvel Releases. I remembered as I was disappointed by the news if they were not going to release Strait Up Disney Releases.

Plus for me in North America, to have disc Less options is not cheap. Anything straight from Amazon is not lower that 20$ + Taxes. So to buy a few for each edition is kinda pricey. Don’t like the idea of having a one click where I’d have only one disc within the Box.

I didn’t mind when Blufans did the Discless option for FROZEN II WEA. But I did have to purchase the 3D from the UK and the 4K UHD / Blu-ray combo from Amazon. They had however if I remember correctly reduce the price with some fairness. So with those 2 Amaray it did cost me like 50$.

I don’t like the idea of retailers to start releasing Disc-Less Premium Editions on a regular basis.
I share your sentiments in part, but when it comes to disney or mcu stuff, surely you'd rather have a discless premium than no premium at all? Because those are literally the only 2 options in HK/CN etc.. Frozen 2 was around the $60usd shipped mark btw, and that was 3yrs ago. Manta have come in below that.