The Batman (2022) (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive CP-000) [Hong Kong]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: May 31 June 19, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti
Price: $132.97 (Box Set) - $38.99 (Full Slip) - $39.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Note: no discs
Manta Lab is releasing a new line of steelbook and we are offering the CP steelbook first to those who have purchased the [ME#52] The Batman Exclusive Steelbook. We will send the order & invoice to our customers to match the edition they've purchased. Remaining copies will pre-order on March 31st.
Dear Collectors,

We are thrilled to announce the release of our first CP Steelbook [CP#000] The Batman. We have partnered with CP licenses to produce collectible steelbooks at a much lower price point, without including the movie discs. As an exclusive steelbook company, our goal is to always provide amazing designs and high-quality products for every movie steelbook, and we are excited to expand our collection with this new product line.

Unlike Homevideo Steelbooks, some movies may not have sufficient materials to work with, so not every release will be available in this product lineup. Additionally, we will only work on movies for which we can guarantee the quality of materials.

We understand that this concept may be new to our collectors, but we hope to receive the same support for our new lineup as we do for our existing products.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing more amazing steelbooks in this lineup soon.

Best regards,

Manta Lab
FB_IMG_1679547439483.jpgCP_Batman_Overall-Packshot_box_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_FS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_DLS_packshot_v2_5000x[1].jpgCP_Batman_LS_packshot_0322_5000x[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how many discs the steelbook will/can hold?
Cuz buying 3x standard Blu-ray is hella lot cheaper than buying 3x super deluxe edition with 4K, HD en Extras disc (for those that need to put something in there).

Anyone know how many discs the steelbook will/can hold?
Cuz buying 3x standard Blu-ray is hella lot cheaper than buying 3x super deluxe edition with 4K, HD en Extras disc (for those that need to put something in there).
Nope. Manta haven't said anything. Probably 2, manta rarely/ never have 3 disc hubs due to their envelope. I mean there's no guarantee there'll be any hubs at all... but you'd hope so lol

They're standard size slips so I don't think the envelopes are going to be in the steel - they'll be in place of a booklet (otherwise the steel will flop about in the slip!)
Not necessarily.. there's a folder, with another envelope and a lenticular card in. That will be in place of the booket. They may put the 2nd envelope in the folder as well, but it sounds like it'd be too thick to fit, with x8 postcards in there. We'll have to see.

Not necessarily.. there's a folder, with a lenticular card in. That will be in place of the booket. They could put the envelope in the folder as well, but it sounds to me like it might be too thick to fit, given there are x8 postcards in there. We'll have to see.
That could well be the case! Although I got the impression that both envelopes will be in the folder, oh well like you said - we'll just have to see!

Reactions: samdavies
I wouldn’t have minded if they made this a Premium slip for the Soundtrack/Score either. The score is one of my favorites from Giachinno. I own the Mondo Exclusive LP Set but wouldn’t mind rebuying the CD set to put in this discless Steelbook Set.

Reactions: bloandon
That sounds like Cinemuseum, except there's no frame and you have to print out your own picture.
That's seriously the case. Collectors for years now could be going through their shelves, showing off the collection - here's a steelbook of Babadook, an LE Boxset of Battle Royale, and here's a picture of Batman I bought in 2020...

200.gif