The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

D6yESUpVUAAfQDJ.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Quoting someone on FB:

I remember the rage over Heath Ledger doing the Joker. I remember the rage over Affleck doing Batman. They both did great. Dare I say exceptional. People jump to anger, first as a reactionary knee-jerk moment to insult DC, second they jump to an acute loathing of anyone! Before FB even existed, I remember online statements about how Michael Keaton was a disgrace to the legacy of Batman and yada yada... I say give Patterson a chance. I think he'll be fine. They could've picked a lot worse...

Kristen Stewart Fans Want Her Cast as Catwoman Alongside Robert Pattinson’s Batman

A subset of Kristen Stewart fans are rallying in the hopes Stewart wins the role of Catwoman, reuniting her with Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson, who was named Thursday as studio Warner Bros.’ “top choice” for the role of a younger Batman.

Stewart and Pattinson dated amid their on-screen Twilight romance, a relationship that ended first in July 2012 when Stewart engaged in an affair with with her Snow White and the Huntsmandirector Rupert Sanders. A short-lived reconciliation ended in May 2013.

The femme fatale, real name Selina Kyle, is a sometimes foe, sometimes lover of the caped crusader and has yet to appear in the DC Extended Universe, where Ben Affleck formerly filled the role of Batman.

Warner Bros-owned DC Films expressed interest in introducing the character when Suicide Squadwriter-director David Ayer was tapped to develop Gotham City Sirens, a spinoff that would have centered around Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Poison Ivy, and Catwoman.

In 2015, Stewart told Yahoo Movies she was interested in joining a blockbuster superhero movie franchise.

“I love watching those movies,” Stewart said. “I would love to show people that I can do more than just be ‘Kristen Stewart’ in a different movie, in a different circumstance.”

Stewart pointed to her role as Snow White in the fantasy actioner as a jumping off point for a superhero role. “I’m sure I could get on board with Captain America, you know what I mean? … It would just have to be the right thing.”

In 2018, a Twitter scooper claimed Warner Bros. was seeking a “Kristen Stewart prototype” for the role of Barbara Gordon, a.k.a. Batgirl, in the superheroine’s planned solo movie. Stewart was also claimed to be in contention for the role.

Pattinson has not yet officially been named the next Batman, a role he would fill for first-time DCEU director Matt Reeves. Deadline noted Thursday X-Men and Tolkien star Nicholas Hoult is still a candidate and is reportedly a favorite of Reeves and the studio, topping a shortlist that includes Armie Hammer and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Multiple petitions have already been launched seeking Pattinson’s removal.

via Comicbook.com

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
Kristen Stewart Fans Want Her Cast as Catwoman Alongside Robert Pattinson’s Batman

A subset of Kristen Stewart fans are rallying in the hopes Stewart wins the role of Catwoman, reuniting her with Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson, who was named Thursday as studio Warner Bros.’ “top choice” for the role of a younger Batman.

Stewart and Pattinson dated amid their on-screen Twilight romance, a relationship that ended first in July 2012 when Stewart engaged in an affair with with her Snow White and the Huntsmandirector Rupert Sanders. A short-lived reconciliation ended in May 2013.

The femme fatale, real name Selina Kyle, is a sometimes foe, sometimes lover of the caped crusader and has yet to appear in the DC Extended Universe, where Ben Affleck formerly filled the role of Batman.

Warner Bros-owned DC Films expressed interest in introducing the character when Suicide Squadwriter-director David Ayer was tapped to develop Gotham City Sirens, a spinoff that would have centered around Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Poison Ivy, and Catwoman.

In 2015, Stewart told Yahoo Movies she was interested in joining a blockbuster superhero movie franchise.

“I love watching those movies,” Stewart said. “I would love to show people that I can do more than just be ‘Kristen Stewart’ in a different movie, in a different circumstance.”

Stewart pointed to her role as Snow White in the fantasy actioner as a jumping off point for a superhero role. “I’m sure I could get on board with Captain America, you know what I mean? … It would just have to be the right thing.”

In 2018, a Twitter scooper claimed Warner Bros. was seeking a “Kristen Stewart prototype” for the role of Barbara Gordon, a.k.a. Batgirl, in the superheroine’s planned solo movie. Stewart was also claimed to be in contention for the role.

Pattinson has not yet officially been named the next Batman, a role he would fill for first-time DCEU director Matt Reeves. Deadline noted Thursday X-Men and Tolkien star Nicholas Hoult is still a candidate and is reportedly a favorite of Reeves and the studio, topping a shortlist that includes Armie Hammer and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Multiple petitions have already been launched seeking Pattinson’s removal.

via Comicbook.com

HARD NO.

Both would be pretty great choices. It would be cool to live in alternate realities where you could see what the movie would look like with each of them in the role.

Actually... that image makes me think Hoult would make a great Two Face if Pattinson gets Batman.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Both would be pretty great choices. It would be cool to live in alternate realities where you could see what the movie would look like with each of them in the role.
That'd be cool to see for so many movies where other actors were considered. Personally I'd be happy not knowing what a Hoult Batman would look like though... sorry. :p

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
There’s only one choice in my mind for the next Selina / Catwoman and I can tell you right now it’s not Stewart so she can have a reunion with Battinson :wacky::hilarious:

Eiza Gonzalez would make a perfect Catwoman :drool:

1558133003833.jpeg

She even dressed up as Catwoman for Kate Hudson’s Halloween Party last year and damn Eiza you fine girl :hungry::drool:

1558133305552.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
There’s only one choice in my mind for the next Selina / Catwoman and I can tell you right now it’s not Stewart so she can have a reunion with Battinson :wacky::hilarious:

Eiza Gonzalez would make a perfect Catwoman :drool:

View attachment 427643

She even dressed up as Catwoman for Kate Hudson’s Halloween Party last year and damn Eiza you fine girl :hungry::drool:

View attachment 427645

No.

The character should have some threat, she has none. skinny fit suit does not make character IMO.

Josh Gad for sure :hilarious: snowman’s and penguins go hand in hand :rofl:

View attachment 427648

J/K :p:D but he does seem dead set keen on the roll while having some fun with it so you gotta give him that haha
Ray Winstone (and you go somewhat the Arkham series video game route on the character)

Ray-Winstone.-006.jpg
Both very different, but equally great suggestions. If they want funny, then Gad... if they want serious, then Winstone.