The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

And personnally, I would see Joe Manganiello doing the part! Huge physique, dark hair and pretty much the same age as Affleck

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
From The Wrap:
Ben Affleck wasn’t just teasing: Deathstroke will, in fact, be the main antagonist of the Batman standalone movie he’s directing, TheWrap has exclusively learned from an individual with knowledge of the situation.​

As Affleck is directing/starring into this movie, makes sense that HE post this news himself!
Antagonist for the Solo film? :hungry: EPIC! :cool:

batman_vs_slade_by_tsotne_senpai-d65hbm7.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I'd heard rumours, but it's great to know it's true! :woot:

I wonder who's playing him... any guesses?

I had thought for sure Scott Eastwood was going to play Slade when they cast him in Suicide Squad, and his character had been kept secret on IMDB for a long time. But he just ended up being some random solider. Really depends on the age they want to go for.

Would be kind of fun if they cast Matt Damon. haha
or maybe Colin Farrell!!!

Actually... I think lets go a little outside the box and cast Idris Elba.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I had thought for sure Scott Eastwood was going to play Slade when they cast him in Suicide Squad, and his character had been kept secret on IMDB for a long time. But he just ended up being some random solider. Really depends on the age they want to go for.

Would be kind of fun if they cast Matt Damon. haha
or maybe Colin Farrell!!!

Actually... I think lets go a little outside the box and cast Idris Elba.
I only know Deathstroke from the games, so I don't know too much about him or his backstory. I'd personally like to see them cast a lesser known actor though... I think @Drum18's suggestion of Joe Manganiello would be cool!

What timeline will this movie take place in? After the events of BvS? While some on this thread have said that they'd like a prequel, I must respectfully disagree. Any "prequel" elements can be handled via flashbacks, especially if there's any footage with Robin.

I'm now wondering with Jared Leto publicly criticising Warner Bros. about cutting back his screen time in Suicide Squad, did the writers have to backtrack and come up with a new storyline with Deathstroke as the villain?

What timeline will this movie take place in? After the events of BvS? While some on this thread have said that they'd like a prequel, I must respectfully disagree. Any "prequel" elements can be handled via flashbacks, especially if there's any footage with Robin.

I'm now wondering with Jared Leto publicly criticising Warner Bros. about cutting back his screen time in Suicide Squad, did the writers have to backtrack and come up with a new storyline with Deathstroke as the villain?
Ben and Jeff Johns are putting together the script and apparently started writing after BVS, so they were writing before the SS fiasco with Jared leto.I doubt he goes anywhere though .just all talk.

The Internet has been buzzing about the announcement that Joe Manganiello has been cast as Deathstroke in the upcoming Ben Affleck BATMAN movie. This news is incredible for a lot of reasons like he is perfect for the role with his intensity, he has the look of the character, and this a new villain that hasn’t been explored on the big screen until now. As most comic book fans know, the look can count for the majority of fans to get on board of a casting choice and Manganiello has it. Add an eyepatch or gray the hair a bit and he is the assassin for hire.

Now, if you don’t know anything about Deathstroke, let me drop a little knowledge on you about this complex character. His name is Slade Wilson and yes, his name is close to Wade Wilson(Deadpool) but Deathstroke was introduced into DC Comics about a year earlier and Deathstroke is a killer. He began as a major advocacy to The Teen Titans but in recent books, he has become one of the toughest foes in Batman’s Gallery of Rogues. Wilson has some of the same skill sets as The Caped Crusader but he is more ruthless.

So what do you think about the casting choice? Love it? Hate it? Let us know in the comments below.

Continue reading...

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18

“I’m gonna direct the next Batman, we’re working on it,” Affleck confirmed. “It’s one of those things that’s really frustrating because with ‘Live By Night’ it took me a year-and-a-half to write it and get it ready and I worked really hard. It’s just no one gave a s**t. No one was like, ‘WHERE’S ‘LIVE BY NIGHT?’ But with Batman I keep getting the, “WHERE’S THE F**KING BATMAN?” I’m like, “Whoa, I’m working! Give me a second!”

• Thanks
Reactions: dboy99 and Drum18