The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

BIG NEWS.
Release date: June 25, 2021

“It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.”
-Reeves

Affleck is officially out and moving on.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and C.C. 95
2CCC5068-2F75-4CFC-8A15-FF2A557CFCBF.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Noodles
If Ben Affleck is too old then so Is Jon Hamm.

Affleck born in 1972. Hamm born in 1971.

They want younger.
I didn't mention his age. Just didn't care for Affleck in the role.
If we are continuing with the Batman of The Dark Knight Returns era (which we may be) - then Hamm is the perfect age.
I don't remember reading anyone saying Affleck was deemed too old.

I didn't mention his age. Just didn't care for Affleck in the role.
If we are continuing with the Batman of The Dark Knight Returns era (which we may be) - then Hamm is the perfect age.
I don't remember reading anyone saying Affleck was deemed too old.

I know you didn't mention age. Reports are they are looking for a younger Bruce Wayne.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I've got hopes that Reeves will produce a good Batman film but the direction they're taking is a shame, both Keaten and Bale's Batman films covered his early years under the cowl and Affleck was doing fine as an older version of the character (well in BVS at least). Still like I said I have faith Reeves will avoid a car crash of a film...

Disappointing. I liked Affleck as Batman. Let's see who else they get for the role.

Ben Affleck, we hear, will not be donning the Dark Knight’s tights after playing the Caped Crusader in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad and Justice League and that’s because this movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne.

I would love to see John Hamm take the role. He would be awesome if this is still in the DCEU in the current timeline...
But it seems like they are going younger for this. So it most likely is separate (like the side Joker Film) or takes place before everything maybe?

@C.C. 95 I don't think it will be Teenage Batman. I saw some of the stuff they are doing on Gotham and its laughable. So please no.
If they did it around the 30 year old range, I think it could work.
Would be awesome if they went with a somewhat unknown for the role. Someone who really deserves it and give them a big break.

But I'm curious about some casting suggestions from HDN. Who would everyone pick as a Younger Bruce?

I would love to see John Hamm take the role. He would be awesome if this is still in the DCEU in the current timeline...
But it seems like they are going younger for this. So it most likely is separate (like the side Joker Film) or takes place before everything maybe?

@C.C. 95 I don't think it will be Teenage Batman. I saw some of the stuff they are doing on Gotham and its laughable. So please no.
Would be awesome if they went with a somewhat unknown for the role. Someone who really deserves it and give them a big break.

But I'm curious about some casting suggestions from HDN. Who would everyone pick as a Younger Bruce?

I can't suggest an unknown for the role because I haven't heard of him yet. ;)

Who would everyone pick as a Younger Bruce?

The talk of the town and actor that seems the most likely candidate to wear the cowl next is Jack O’Connell who fits the 25 - 30 age group that WB / Reeves is chasing. If it’s not him it will be most likely just as you said a fairly unknown actor that can rise to fame as the next Batman. Everyone I can think of is just to old.

Bat”Hamm” is the perfect Bruce

Scott Adkins would be a perfect Batman

Jake Gyllenhaal would own as Bruce and Batman and would be my part of my all star dream combo of Batman and The Joker with Leonardo DiCaprio giving what I believe would be an epic Joker :cigar:

Then finally Joseph Gordon-Levitt / John “Robin ;)” Blake from TDKR :D. Nightwing would be a great draw card for him but I also believe he would make a great Batman aswell.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw

@kaw - no one leaps to mind....
But, I do strongly suggest that members think twice before googling "Hot young male actors." :hilarious:
(In much the same way that googling a recipe for "beef cheeks" will probably not get you where you want to go....:LOL:)

• Haha
Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
Ben Affleck explains his Batman exit: 'I couldn't crack it'.

The rumors are true. Amid all the changes happening right now to the DC cinematic universe — a course correction, if you will, from the early Batman v Superman days — Ben Affleck has decided to hang up his cape and cowl to end his reign as the Dark Knight.

Briefly explaining to Jimmy Kimmel why he’s stepping down, the actor, 46, said, “I tried to direct a version of it and worked with a really good screenwriter but just couldn’t come up with a version — I couldn’t crack it and so I thought it’s time for someone else to take a shot at it. They got some really good people so I’m excited.”

That version he tried to direct was The Batman, initially planned as Batfleck’s solo cinematic outing after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League. In 2017, he stepped down as director and was eventually replaced by War for the Planet of the Apes‘ Matt Reeves. And despite earlier statements about playing the role for as long as Warner Bros. would have him in it, Affleck seemingly confirmed his departure on social media as the studio planted a firm flag for when The Batman will hit theaters, on June 25, 2021.

It’s definitely official now.

According to Deadline, The Batman will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne, whereas Affleck’s incarnation was much older, more experienced, and more cynical.

Kimmel helped Affleck retire his cape in a goofy ceremony on Jimmy Kimmel LiveThursday night, accompanied by his own late-night Boy Wonder, Guillermo, dressed as Robin.

If there’s anything left to say on the matter, it’s a spoof on Christian Bale’s most meme-able line from the Dark Knight trilogy: “I’m not Batman.”

via EW