The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

Oh look the guy in your gif has the same body mass as Pattison.

Coincidence? I think not.

To be fair to Pattison though, I don’t think any of the studio Batman’s to date have been the right choice. Affleck coming closest IMO.

5 Robert Pattinson movies to watch if you’re skeptical about his turn as Batman

If you only know Robert Pattinson from his stint as Edward Cullen 10 years ago, you’ve missed out on a lot of great movies.

Some are still mourning the loss of Ben Affleck and are unprepared to accept a new actor yet, some are cautiously optimistic, and of course there is a contingent of ‘fans’ who have already started a petition to remove him (to those petitioners, I say: please disconnect your internet).

A lot of reticence and skepticism seems to rest on the fact that Robert Pattinson is best known for playing sparkly vampire and object of many a teen girl’s affections, Edward Cullen.

And while I understand not being convinced of Robert Pattinson’s ability to play Batman/Bruce Wayne based on that one role alone, to those detractors basing your dislike of this casting choice solely because of that role, I say to you:
  • No one dislikes that role more than Robert Pattinson himself
  • Edward Cullen was 10 YEARS AGO, it’s time for you to move on
  • Robert Pattinson’s body of work since then has been absolutely tremendous
  • It’s a body of work that proves that Robert Pattinson is an incredibly talented, versatile actor able to fully immerse himself in his roles
In fact, here are five movies to watch — many of which are available to stream through either Netflix or Amazon Prime — to make you a believer in Battinson.

Robert Pattinson movies you need to watch

‘Cosmopolis’

cosmopolis.jpg

Based on the novel by Don DeLillo and directed by David Cronenberg, this movie — though far from my favorite on this list — is a great one to watch to see how Pattinson might work as both Bruce Wayne and Batman. In it, he plays Eric Packer, a 28-year-old womanizing billionaire who spends the movie searching for meaning in his vapid life.

Through the course of the film, his wealth is siphoned away and his quest for meaning becomes more desperate, and we watch him make a series of increasingly self-destructive decisions. Pattinson displays the suave shallowness of a young billionaire necessary for Bruce Wayne, as well as the slightly unhinged intensity required to play Batman. As a bonus, this one is currently available to stream of Amazon Prime!

‘High Life’

High-Life.jpg

The lead role in this Claire Denis film was originally imagined for either Vincent Gallo and the late Philip Seymour Hoffman, just to give you an idea of the kind of talent and intensity that Denis wanted for the role. Luckily, Robert Pattinson has both of those in spades, as well as — in the words of Claire Denis herself — “an aura that immediately makes you want to film him.

This sparse space story centers on Robert Pattinson as Monte, an ex-convict who is raising his baby daughter alone amongst the stars and corpses of his former fellow inmates on the ship. At turns a horror film, space adventure and moody science fiction tale, Pattinson smoothly navigates each genre, giving us a tender, tragic and brooding character to root for — all characteristics we need for a good Batman, too.

‘The Lost City of Z’

Lost-City-of-Z.jpg

It took me about two or three scenes to realize that Henry Costin, the quiet, steady friend and compatriot to Charlie Hunnam’s Percy Fawcett, was actually Robert Pattinson. With his bushy beard, scraggly hair and wire framed glasses, Pattinson is almost unrecognizable in this contemplative adventure-drama based on the real-life search for an ancient lost city in the Amazon.

The Lost City of Z showcases both Pattinson’s dedication to immersing himself in a role — he reportedly lost 30 pounds to play Costin — and his ability to convey quite a lot with very little. Henry Costin is no Batman — he’s not even the main character — but he is a steadfast, laconic and brooding presence throughout the film, so he’s not bad practice for the Dark Knight, either. As a plus, this is currently streaming on Amazon Prime!

‘The Rover’

The-Rover.jpg

This bleak, post-apocalyptic tale set in Australia’s outback came out a mere two years after the final Twilight film and is a tremendous showcase for Robert Pattinson’s range and talent as an actor. Pattinson’s Rey, an American southerner left behind in a bank robbery, is everything Edward Cullen is not — dirty, hapless, helpless and an overall general disaster.

Yet despite all this, he’s a character that we pity and hope to see come to some kind of happy ending, even if we know that this isn’t the type of movie where anyone gets one of those. Pattinson once again proves his ability to disappear into a role, and even though many of his scenes are alongside a great performance from Guy Pearce, Pattinson is never outclassed or outacted. This was one of my favorite movies that I watched while doing research for this article and it’s currently streaming on Netflix!

‘Good Time’

Good-Time.jpg

If you choose only one movie from this list to watch, let it be this one — not even necessarily to see what a Pattinson Batman would look like, but just to watch a really damn fine performance. Robert Pattinson plays Connie Nikas, a low-level criminal whose robbery with his developmentally disabled brother at the beginning of the movie goes sideways and winds up with his brother in jail. Connie goes to increasingly desperate lengths in order to get his brother’s bail money, and the result is an hour and a half of an intense, adrenaline-laced series of bad decisions and bad breaks.

Connie Nikas is probably the type of person Batman would end up chasing down, but Pattinson’s performance in this movie has all the myopic focus, frightening intensity, and low simmering anger for which the Caped Crusader is well known. Do yourself a favor and watch it on Amazon Prime, where it’s currently streaming!

via Hypable

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
  • Haha
Reactions: vexred
I did play the games but my memory is really bad.

View attachment 433001

Cool character design that would work well in a grounded Nolanesque Gotham.
Haha same... I only have a vague recollection of a character that looked similar to that in the game. It could've been someone/something totally different though for all I know lol.