The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

He'll probably end up being a small part and not one of the main villains. Someone who Bats takes down early on in the film maybe?

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred
While we still know very little about the plot itself, it’s been rumored for a while now that The Batman will focus heavily on Bruce Wayne becoming a genius detective and speaking to sources close to the production, We Got This Covered has now learned a little bit more about what to expect. In short, the film will be a murder mystery which takes cues from Batman: The Long Halloween, a 13-issue comic book limited series written by Jeph Loeb with art by Tim Sale

From what we understand, the plot will see a serial killer loose in Gotham City and Bruce Wayne taking it upon himself to track down the lunatic and put an end to his murderous rampage. Along the way, he’ll investigate many of his biggest foes, with Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler said to be the primary antagonists of the piece while folks like the Mad Hatter and Two-Face will play smaller roles.

So, like we said, a murder mystery featuring many of the Dark Knight’s most iconic villains. It’s also been rumored that there’s going to be a secret twist bad guy who’s not revealed ahead of time that may be the one who’s behind everything, but who exactly that’ll be remains unclear. We’ve heard from two different sources it could be Hush, but neither would confirm that 100%.

In any case, this is certainly an interesting angle to take for the plot, as it’ll ensure that The Batman stands apart from previous movies featuring the Caped Crusader, which often made him more of a meathead and a physical brawler, rather than a detective trying to solve a mystery.

Robert-Pattinson-as-Batman.png

This is firefly in Arkham knight

D893A960-E8E4-4D01-9C67-92D7680C98ED.jpeg

And in Arkham origins

119A5EE3-FC74-4B26-861D-3C8C591999EC.jpeg

He’s essentially the vulture with a flame thrower

I doubt he will have a big part but penguin, riddler and catwoman has peaked my interest

It looks like Michael Giacchino is going to do the score for Batman. He did both Planet of the Apes films. He posted a statue of Batman on the side of a building somewhere on his Instagram. Been a while since I watched those films so I can't remember if the score is memorable or not.

@vexred Michael Giacchino is awesome! He's done SO MUCH great work.

I hope he uses a version of Danny Elfman's theme. It would be really cool to work that into his score.

• Thanks
Still believe it’s going to come down to Eiza or Ana for Catwoman / Selina but think Ana would be more fitting for Zatanna when she’s introduced to the DCEU (hopefully :notworthy::joy:)

FC9F78F9-0B94-471E-944D-8D9C7579AF75.jpeg

Eiza is my pick :drool: with Ava a close second :drool:

The Bat and The Cat

F046EE7E-02DF-4DFB-822F-C126E0A2F942.jpeg

66F5649E-0D2D-446C-8CB7-8CF88061995D.jpeg

and Ana as Zatanna

1563448860142.jpeg

Or

Swap the roles with Eiza as Zatanna hmm

A09D22ED-20E9-4238-8557-8B42DE89E747.jpeg

D81B174C-5E99-4645-9C9C-0539B58CCDA9.jpeg

and Ana as Catwoman

1563449834427.jpeg

Would be happy either way with these two choices.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
The women of DC > Marvel. They'd be great additions.

Just read that filming starts on 13th January in London.

Damn straight Ladies of DC :drool: Marvel isn’t even in contention and to think we’re only getting started with the editions of Black Canary, Huntress, Cheetah, Ivy, Babs, Supergirl etc etc to follow suit in the years to come.

That’s awesome to hear filming is right around the corner for The Batman, thanks for the info :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
They just hired a Cinematographer. The list of films he's worked on is really impressive.

Cinematographer Robert Richardson (‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’, ‘Kill Bill Vol 1’) has joined the crew for Matt Reeves’ ‘THE BATMAN’.

Sorry mate but someone jumped the gun here and made a big assumption

• Thanks
https://www.etonline.com/vanessa-kirby-addresses-catwoman-casting-rumors-exclusive-128649

"I don’t know anything about it," she claimed when asked if she can offer any updates. As for whether she’s interested in taking on the coveted role, Kirby gushed, "Are you kidding?! I would love to be Catwoman. Oh my god, it would be a dream."

I don't care who she plays, I just want her in the movie! :drool:

Judging by her latest IG post, I reckon she might be playing Lex Luthor. :p