The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

Woah damn! Reeves making some bold choices if these are indeed true. Wonder if he’s going for a Telltale Penguin

1573007009097.jpeg

or fatten Farrell up with some prosthetics :D

0EC36CFC-F3C0-4EB2-85F3-E2DCBFB22C58.jpeg

Reactions: vexred
Surely some of this casting 'news' is simply a case of throwing enough **** and hoping some of it sticks? Serkis as Alfred? Farrell as Penguin? Only one I've read today I can remotely get on board with is Matthew Mcconaughey as Harvey Dent/Two Face
I read this one the other night too, but could only find one source (Daily Mail of all places) claiming it to be the case, so passed it off as BS.

Farrell wouldn't make my top 5 actors to play Penguin, but that also would've been the case with Heath Ledger and Joker. Like you said @willbar84 Reeves is making some bold choices and I like that.

Me neither as there’s quite some unorthodox choices in the list so far but I think that is what makes it grand as he can see the talent and the possibilities that lie ahead to bring his vision to life. I can already see it 2021 will be the year of the bat :cigar: Now I’m just waiting for a ‘Caeser’ gif from @mattreevesLA to officially confirm Serkis as Alfred. This casting has me most intrigued as it will be interesting to see Andy playing such a grounded character this time round with this role.

Reactions: vexred
I read this one the other night too, but could only find one source (Daily Mail of all places) claiming it to be the case, so passed it off as BS.

McConaughey is just a rumour as far as I’m aware atm as the source for that is from the very unreliable wegotthiscovered but Penguin and Alfred ...

Reactions: Noodles
I would have been more pumped if Serkis was playing Penguin (not Alfred). But I'm guessing that with him directing Venom 2 that he need a more smaller (easier) role.

Now with that said. I'm actually very curious what a Colin Farrell Penguin would be like?
I'm hoping they go more gangster and less of a Danny Devito version (just to make things different). I actually like Farrell as an actor and I think this is going to turn out to be a pretty awesome movie!!!

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen this guy in a film where he hasn't been pretty goofy. Hopefully he does a good job. Think this is the first casting I'm not really feeling.

OMG :wow: Mr Sneaky Sneaky is going to be in The Batman :rofl:

1574492497385.gif

:LOL::hilarious: Seriously though yeah I’m not feeling this casting either as Turturro in the films I’ve seen anyways is abit coo coo for Cocoa Puffs :D

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles and vexred
I don't think I've seen this guy in a film where he hasn't been pretty goofy. Hopefully he does a good job. Think this is the first casting I'm not really feeling.
:LOL::hilarious: Seriously though yeah I’m not feeling this casting either as Turturro in the films I’ve seen anyways is abit coo coo for Cocoa Puffs :D

Guys! Turturro is a brilliant actor and will be great in this. Trust me!
Its sad that a lot of his most popular roles he plays a goofy character. (I blame Sandler)

I think I was first introduced to him in Rounders... (either that or Big Lebowski) He can do some awesome dramatic work and I think he's going to be fantastic as Falcone.

If you haven't seen Rounders. WATCH IT.

Its sad that a lot of his most popular roles he plays a goofy character. (I blame Sandler)

I think I was first introduced to him in Rounders... (either that or Big Lebowski) He can do some awesome dramatic work and I think he's going to be fantastic as Falcone.

You‘re forgetting his TRANSFORMERS role.:D

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
Never really been a fan of Turturro. And I’ve been watching him well before the goofy roles

Although I did like him in the big lebowski

Agree 110%. He's a great actor and I reckon he'll surprise a lot of people in this. Remember when Jim Carrey only did goofy roles? And what about Robin Williams? They eventually both went on to give some amazing performances in more serious roles.

Reactions: kaw and willbar84