The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

IMG_20200221_172446.jpg

Liking what I’m seeing so far but still leaving my expectations in check as these are just set photos which are only of the stunt suit not the actual pristine suit. We are still far away from the final product as this is a raw take, once the lightning has been adjusted to suit and also colour corrected properly then it will be easier to take proper judgement.

The eye lenses has me most intrigued and also maybe a long shot but what are the chances we will get the bat helmet that goes over the cowl along with white eyes as well like below

031FFCC4-9F9E-428F-937B-1EF84DEDAE96.jpeg

Here’s my quick rough example of Batfleck stunt double, with stunt suit

B0CFB44A-077E-4181-9062-267FCC448699.jpeg

even though different scene once lighting and colour correction along with CGI / VFX has been completed it looks so much better. So I’m sure Reeves, Fraser and Battinson will do us proud but I’m definitely liking the lil sneak peaks we’re getting and hoping that continues.

8E660C30-83A9-48BD-9D6E-9E980F7B4A8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Interesting tweet from Reeves, with a lot to digest.

Firstly this panel has Bruce with an inner monologue does this mean that The Batman will as well to drive home the character driven noir detective movie Reeves has teased in the past.

Secondly Bruce is undercover just like he was in the first original set pics, this movie is really going there huh and showing us the worlds greatest detective :joy:

82106D89-5D25-462F-8828-8A3E7E58DF6C.jpeg

Thirdly IIRC this is the scene where Bruce meets Selina for the very first time and since its taking inspirations from year one maybe just maybe we can get a flashback with Giacchino’s score in the background with this scene playing out in full, cinema at it’s finest :cigar:

8F265E27-C3C2-4402-AE52-A31E7E3D6E8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmm OK, now I'm really unsure about the cowl... I like the ears (as well as the bike's lol), but the whole thing looks too round IMO. Love the suit though! It's giving me samurai type vibes for some reason -- I think it's the arms more than anything.

The most important thing to take away from those pics are the eyes and tracking dots on his face... I'm guessing they're going for CGI eyes similar to Deadpool maybe? Could be cool! It also looks like the cape may be CGI'd in as well, or at least for this particular scene.

Oh, and yeah... I totally thought that was Affleck too! And one other thing I just remembered reading yesterday... rumour is the other biker was female and could possibly be Selina Kyle (Catwoman).

Hmm OK, now I'm really unsure about the cowl... I like the ears (as well as the bike's lol), but the whole thing looks too round IMO. Love the suit though! It's giving me samurai type vibes for some reason -- I think it's the arms more than anything.

The most important thing to take away from those pics are the eyes and tracking dots on his face... I'm guessing they're going for CGI eyes similar to Deadpool maybe? Could be cool! It also looks like the cape may be CGI'd in as well, or at least for this particular scene.

Oh, and yeah... I totally thought that was Affleck too! And one other thing I just remembered reading yesterday... rumour is the other biker was female and could possibly be Selina Kyle (Catwoman).

Interesting to hear about the rumours about Selina being the other biker oh and yes most definitely white eyes FTW :thumbs: and the samurai vibe you mention makes me think of the things the Talons use notice the resemblance on their arms

BDF2CC9B-29A7-4105-B610-45E8AE3A3E88.jpeg

Reactions: Noodles