The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

I remember discussing the possibility of Ana playing Catwoman with someone on here early last year... think it was even rumoured she might play the role at one point.

Been obsessed with her since Blade Runner and watch everything she's cast in even if it looks crap lol. Affleck is one lucky fella!

She was one of the final candidates actually so that’s probably where the rumours stemmed from. I always thought it would come down to Ana and Eiza but Zoe must have really owned the audition for the role since I always thought Eiza would be out next Catwoman / Selina as IMO she’s perfect for the role with Ana a very very close second.

“Matt Reeves and Warner Bros.' upcoming The Batman has found its Catwoman: Zoe Kravitz has nabbed the role of one of the highest-profile members of the Caped Crusader's rogue's gallery, according to several sources.

The decision came down over the weekend after a rigorous testing process that saw saw Ana de Armas, Ella Balinska, Eiza González and Kravitz read with Robert Pattinson, who is set to play the Dark Knight. The testing process occurred over the first week of the month, and the four were then narrowed to two late last week.”

Reactions: Noodles
IMG_20200317_133430.jpg

He also did her as Zatanna. Either way DC should get her involved.

October?
Isn't that the specific moment of the year (Sept-Oct) where movie theaters goes to die… before being ressurected in November?

There have been rumors that the story for the film is based on The Long Halloween.

So maybe the move to Oct makes sense?

Reactions: willbar84
October?
Isn't that the specific moment of the year (Sept-Oct) where movie theaters goes to die… before being ressurected in November?

There have been rumors that the story for the film is based on The Long Halloween.

So maybe the move to Oct makes sense?

Let's hope so… it NEEDS to work! it NEEDS to be a Box Office succes!

Have absolutely no issues with the October Release date as WB has had great success with it before :whistle: :happy:

1587422901480.jpeg

@kaw yes I also have heard many times it’s going to be a loose adaption of The Long Halloween but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Reactions: vexred and kaw
The more and more I think about it ‘The Batman’ is perfectly placed and going to absolutely thrive in October especially if

There’s no downside to the DC Films reshuffling today as its all wins in my books.

Reactions: DMD4k
The QG interview is amazing. It made me love him more.

and hearing all the middle aged sad f**ks complaining about him disrespecting the character because he’s not training during lockdown (which is probably not fully true) has been the highlight of the past 8 weeks.

He was on one in that interview (pasta part being the best bit) that he probably fancied trolling us. What else you gona do through lockdown lol

• Haha
Reactions: vexred
The QG interview is amazing. It made me love him more.

and hearing all the middle aged sad f**ks complaining about him disrespecting the character because he’s not training during lockdown (which is probably not fully true) has been the highlight of the past 8 weeks.

He was on one in that interview (pasta part being the best bit) that he probably fancied trolling us. What else you gona do through lockdown lol
Why would all the “sad f**ks” be middle aged?! (n) That’s a weird asumption.

because everyone who’s made videos and podcasts complaining about the lack of Pattisons work out routine are middle aged and they are sad f**ks for taking the time out to do an hour long video on it complaining when they all look unhealthy themselves:LOL:

I’m nearly middle aged, but im not calling middle aged people in general sad f**ks. I think you missed the point of my post. It’s the irony that the guys it’s rattled are older than him, worse looking, much more out shape and think they can dictate what he does to his own body lol

because everyone who’s made videos and podcasts complaining about the lack of Pattisons work out routine are middle aged and they are sad f**ks for taking the time out to do an hour long video on it complaining when they all look unhealthy themselves:LOL:

I’m nearly middle aged, but im not calling middle aged people in general sad f**ks. I think you missed the point of my post. It’s the irony that the guys it’s rattled are older than him, worse looking, much more out shape and think they can dictate what he does to his own body lol
If you ask me - all superhero fanboys of every stripe have become a little too invested in this stuff:LOL:.
Pro Tip for Fanboys: getting emotionally invested in something you have ZERO control over (Movies, Comics, Tv shows) is a supreme waste of energy.:thumbs:

It isn't really an assumption it's just accurate. There is a 'commentator' called John Campea who ranted for half an hour about how he was ungrateful and disrespectful.

The video was originally titled something along the lines of Robert Pattinson spits in the face of Batman and fans with his lack of commitment.

Grace Randolph was also there going I told you Pattinson couldn't fill out for Batman etc. She'd been saying Batman would be delayed because he was struggling to put on muscle mass.

Saw Colin Farrell saying he was really excited about playing the role of Penguin even though it isn't a large part.

It isn't really an assumption it's just accurate. There is a 'commentator' called John Campea who ranted for half an hour about how he was ungrateful and disrespectful.

So extrapolate “one guy” = EVERYBODY?!
i know a kid who hates Star Wars. Therefore, all kids hate Star Wars.
Blanket rationalizing is not a good idea. Nor accurate. It’s just some guy.