Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: November 22, 2020
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

12235_tn.jpg

• NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM FROM A 35MM INTERPOSITIVE
  • HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM (Blu-ray copy included)
  • Limited edition VSU magnet clasp hard case containing a Slipcover and a 40-page bound book
  • Newly produced multi-part feature length making-of documentary
  • Select extras ported over from previous DVD releases
  • Additional extras to be announced
  • Reversible Blu-ray sleeve cover artwork
  • English SDH subtitles
  • REGION-FREE

Reactions: komor
I remember, that I was disappointed with the Blu-Ray presentation of the former release. Good to see, that they give it a 2nd treatment.

Picture quality is variable. Sometimes quite grainy sometimes excellent. I was disappointed with the menu though. I checked my dvd copy and the menu was a nice clear picture. The new one is really grainy. Think the audio is probably the same as the previous blu ray

also shocked how the whole movie grainy, sometimes so bad that it takes me off the movie, starring at the grains... Don't think i have another restored blu-ray that looks like.
I am not an expert in picture restoration, but is this grain an artistic choice ? the grain looks digital, and not from the actual transfer

also shocked how the whole movie grainy, sometimes so bad that it takes me off the movie, starring at the grains... Don't think i have another restored blu-ray that looks like.
I am not an expert in picture restoration, but is this grain an artistic choice ? the grain looks digital, and not from the actual transfer
If they go too heavy on artificial sharpening it causes the grain to be too pronounced.
if the film had a soft focus - they may have leaned on the sharpening.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jocelin