The best games of 2015

Paperinukke

Studio Ghibli Ninja
Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2014
Finland
What kind of gaming year you had? Any brilliant surprises or many? Anything you're still waiting to get playing? I'd be more than interested in your favourites that 2015 had to offer! :) You can also mention what games you're looking for next year.

My personal favourite is definitely Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, such a beautiful experience. Absolutely superb. As a fan and a gamer it did pretty much fulfill my dreams.

From other games Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands will linger in my mind after the year has ended. :thumbs:

Still haven't played Fallout 4, there's just no time! Will need to get to that at some point. Also I somehow missed Arkham Knight, even though I love the previous games. Well, always good to have something to play.

Next year has many interesting titles I'm keeping my eye on, certainly can't wait to have Uncharted 4 and Deux Ex in my hands. Or Mass Effect and Hitman. 2016 should be quite an interesting gaming year. :happy:

Hasn't been much of a gaming year for me just been far to busy .

But did get on a few , Arkham knight was pretty good and also started metal gear but haven't really put the hours in yet .

Hoping next year will be a better year for me gaming wise as I've always been on top when it comes to gaming .

I've not played a ton of games this year either, but these are the ones I really enjoyed (in no particular order)...

Mad Max
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront

I still have to go back and finish Arkham Knight. And I also still need to check out Life is Strange, which I'm pretty sure I'll love! :)

Reactions: Paperinukke
I've not played a ton of games this year either, but these are the ones I really enjoyed (in no particular order)...

Mad Max
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront

I still have to go back and finish Arkham Knight. And I also still need to check out Life is Strange, which I'm pretty sure I'll love! :)

Madmax I have sitting here and it hasn't even touched the console yet , looks pretty good tho

Reactions: Paperinukke
Madmax I have sitting here and it hasn't even touched the console yet , looks pretty good tho
It's a pretty underrated game IMO. Many didn't even give it a chance, which is a shame. I love the apocalyptic setting, and it looks gorgeous on "next gen" consoles. The combat system is the same as the Arkham games too, which is awesome! Give it a go... you might be surprised. ;)

Yeah I'd heard that the combat was very similar to batman .

Got a couple of weeks off from tomorrow so I'll need to give it ago .

Got a few sitting there at the mo that have never been played , just abit of a sucker for the preorder

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
I only picked up four or five games this year but they were pretty good.

2015: The Witcher 3,Batman Arkham Knight,MGs5 and forward until dawn.

as far as 2016 goes...

Lego Marvel Avengers
Quantum Break
Gears 4
Mass Effect Andromeda
Cup head
Recore
Crackdown 3
Uncharted 4
Mafia 3

It's a pretty underrated game IMO. Many didn't even give it a chance, which is a shame. I love the apocalyptic setting, and it looks gorgeous on "next gen" consoles. The combat system is the same as the Arkham games too, which is awesome! Give it a go... you might be surprised. ;)

Mad Max was one of the games that i grabbed on Black Friday. I finally got around to starting it yesterday, and it's definitely pretty cool so far.

I'm not a huge gamer (wish I had more time to devote to gaming like I used to) but for me my best games are:

Batman: Arkham Knight - Helps I am a massive Batman fan but this game not only looked good it was nice to get back to Rocksteady batman after 'Origins'

Fallout 4 - Skyrim mixed with Last of Us. Awesome game.

Star Wars Battlefront - I totally thought I'd hate it being online only but I can honestly say it's the most fun I've had in a game for ages. I'm pretty rubbish but there's nothing better than taking down someone who's miles better and has killed you 100 times!

There's only 2 games that I couldn't get into even though I really wanted to:

Bloodborne - So hard it sucked all the joy out of playing the game even though it's probably the best looking game of the year.

Witcher 3 - I just found it a bit boring. For me it was nowhere near as good as Skyrim or Fallout.

I haven't got Metal Gear even though everyone at work is raving about it. It seems a game you need to put SERIOUS hours into which I can't do.

As Ive now had my Xbox one for a year I can say I've had a fantastic 2015. My personal top 3 have been:

Witcher 3 - immersive, excellent story telling and much more user friendly than witcher 2
Fallout 4 - probably the most addictive game of the year. 200 hours in and hardly touched the main missions. It really does suck you in!
Forza Horizon 2 - I know this is technically a 2014 game but only started it in January. First game I played in the current gen with fun racing and outstanding multiplayer.

Also my surprise of the year probably goes to Just Cause 3. The most fun you'll ever have with a grappling hook, wing suit and a belt full of explosives! Tethering cops to jets just never gets old!

And a special mention has to be to the introduction of Blu Ray. This is my first blu ray player which brought me to this forum and kickstarted my steelbook obsession.

As for next year... Gotta be Mass Effect Andromeda. Hoping it's more like 2 than 3. However seeing as I've got a backlog of games to get through my top 3 for next year will probably include games I already have. And probably a bit more Fallout...

Happy gaming all and a happy new year!

Last edited:
I've been lacking some motivation this past year as far as games go... despite buying plenty my list will be rather short as I didn't commit to finishing probably over 20 odd games! I will however add on some that I aim to get back to or plan on trying out in the near future.

Top picks:

Home: a unique horror adventure
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
Soma
The Swapper
GTA V
Bloodborne
Fatal Frame 5
White Night

Most notables still to get into / back to from the backlog:

Life is Strange
Broken Sword 5