Mediabook The Black Phone (4K + Blu-ray Mediabooks) (Turbine Shop Exclusive) [Germany]

Apr 21, 2012
GER
Release date: October 5, 2023
Purchase links: Cover A - Cover B - Cover C
Price: €32.95

Also as a SteelBook

6961202_TheBlackPhone_MediabookA_UHD-BD_ShopExklusiv_Packshot_600x600.jpg
6961203_TheBlackPhone_MediabookB_UHD-BD_ShopExklusiv_Packshot_600x600.jpg
6961204_TheBlackPhone_MediabookC_UHD-BD_ShopExklusiv_Packshot_600x600.jpg

Technical specifications:
Language / Sound: German Dolby Atmos, English Dolby Atmos.
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1 (2160p24 Ultra HD with HDR10 and Dolby Vision)
Subtitles: German, German for the hearing impaired, English, English SDH
Running Time: 103 minutes

Bonus Material:
+ Audio Commentary by Writer/Director Scott Derrickson*.
+ Remote Scenes*
+ Featurettes*: Behind the Scenes, The Devil in the Design, Ethan Hawke's Evil Side, Super 8 Set and Promo Featurette.
+ Scott Derrickson's short film SHADOWPROWLER*
+ Trailers from D & USA

* The bonus material has optional German and English subtitles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Unfortunately the 4k disc freezes and the picture breaks up on my Panasonic UB820 approx 1 hour 20 minutes in. On closer inspection there appears to be a barely noticeable mark on the disc which I suspect is the issue.

I've contacted Turbine regarding the issue and asked if a replacement disc can be sent out, otherwise I’ll need to return it, which is a pain as I'm in the UK.

Anybody else here had dealings with their customer service? Is it good? Is it bad? Waiting to hear back from them currently...

Unfortunately the 4k disc freezes and the picture breaks up on my Panasonic UB820 approx 1 hour 20 minutes in. On closer inspection there appears to be a barely noticeable mark on the disc which I suspect is the issue.

I've contacted Turbine regarding the issue and asked if a replacement disc can be sent out, otherwise I’ll need to return it, which is a pain as I'm in the UK.

Anybody else here had dealings with their customer service? Is it good? Is it bad? Waiting to hear back from them currently...
Did you use a CD-Cleaner? -Blu-Rays don´t scratch very easy like DVDs do , mostly it´s residues from production and can be removed - I have special set for this case

If you ordered from their website it is possible that they will send a replacement, when from amazon dunno

Last edited:
Reactions: leelee17
I always clean my discs immediately once received and this is only the second time I've had this issue with my Panasonic. The last time it happened I returned the disc for a replacement which was fine. Hopefully Turbine will send a replacement disc for this...

Reactions: komor
I always clean my discs immediately once received and this is only the second time I've had this issue with my Panasonic. The last time it happened I returned the disc for a replacement which was fine. Hopefully Turbine will send a replacement disc for this...
Hehe - that I only do with vinyls or used discs, in general I think there´s no need to

Best wishes, that they help you with the replacement, did they react in the meantime?

Last edited:

Their customer service normally replies on the same day. Always solves occuring issues, but I have never had this issue though

Turbine contacted me to confirm they're sending a replacement disc...
Used to get issues with my old LG 4k player but since upgrading to the Panasonic I've only had a couple of issues and they've been disc related, not player related..
The LG was a piece of crap compared to the Panasonic and apparently is notorious for skipping and freezing...

Good to hear that - hope it works now - can you confirm the better picture quality of the turbine release?

Personally I'm happy with the pq of the Turbine 4k disc. Can't really comment on the US disc as I haven't viewed it personally, however the comparison video on YouTube and online reviews would suggest it is an inferior release with a darker transfer...
Believe me when I say this outruns the US release by miles ;)

• Informative
Reactions: komor and leelee17