Ireland
Release date: April 19, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $24.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6F45865C-CA74-42C3-B9CE-31885EB8DFED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see why the big hype for this.

Comic book style characters on the front. WTF? They look like Beavis and Butthead!

And we don't even know what's on the rear yet.
This is supposed to be Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins, don't know why they're not drawn to likeness. Either that required extra permissions, or the artist couldn't do it. Such drawn art on various German mediabooks is usually very spot on.

MV5BOTk4NzY5MjEtYzQ0Ni00MmQ4LWI5OGEtZmI2NWUyYjdiNmM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ4ODE4MzQ@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: BluSteel2012
This is such a crap and I ask myself why that steelbook thing has become a playground for untalented artists. In many movies, especially in horror movies you can see the honor to the movies, that were made by great director´s, but not in arts. They create these awful covers without any connection to the past times and instead create this hipster-crap. And I wouldn´t say/write that, if I didn´t know that the movie itself is a hommage/satire to the former times of horrorfilms.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
This is supposed to be Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins, don't know why they're not drawn to likeness. Either that required extra permissions, or the artist couldn't do it. Such drawn art on various German mediabooks is usually very spot on.

View attachment 527633

Depends on a lot of things. Was there stock art for the scene that they're trying to depict here? Were the actors contacted, or declined to approve previous art? Was the lead time needed for approval from the actors too short, given the lead time required to manufacture and distribute the steelbooks?

Just a bunch of stuff comes into creating new art for any feature film...

Now artists aren’t allowed to be creative with their work because apparently everything has to have a 100% likeness lol

Not thinking that maybe that’s the artists style. Lol Jesus

Aaaaand it still looks like them in the artists style. Mind blown

Yeah, I knew immediatelly it´s Jenkins on the right. But the best here is again the idea with the slip itself, love it. And artwork. And price. Yep, solid release once again :coffee:

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
What are the chances of the U.K. getting this? Because it’s not been good for all the other Best Buy releases. And I’m going to need this. This is one release this year I will need. But I don’t really want to join the GB because I don’t have any other orders. First world problems

What are the chances of the U.K. getting this? Because it’s not been good for all the other Best Buy releases. And I’m going to need this. This is one release this year I will need. But I don’t really want to join the GB because I don’t have any other orders. First world problems
buy 2 other items you dont need...
problem-solved-taylor-swift.gif

no need to thank me... im always happy to help :happy:

I’ve got the hunger games set to come from Andy, and planning on jumping on this myself, so if he’ll allow it, you can get it, it can come to me with my sets and then I can forward it on to you here in the UK.
Sweet cheers for the offer. Didn’t realise you was UK

I’ve done that a few times with him so it should be ok but I’ll double check, I’ll also have a little look if there’s anything else. Just in case. I was up for the la la land release too but at the time couldn’t bundle with anything else I liked

Buy 3 of them and flip the other two!

I'm sure there are others on the UK who would be in the same situation as you.....

Reactions: Flloydo
Buy 3 of them and flip the other two!

I'm sure there are others on the UK who would be in the same situation as you.....
True.

But with the amount of premium releases all of sudden (blufans dark knight trilogy etc) I cant really afford to do that. Even tho in the long run I could make a few quid back on them to cover the initial shipping to me. Also don’t think it’s fair me buying 3 copies when others can have the chance to buy them. I wouldn’t do it with a premium release unless it was a one click and I usually sell a sealed steel to help with cost.

I, personally, don't have a problem with this art, was just discussing the subject. Don't actually remember those particular poses in the movie, to have them be drawn over, so I'm guessing they're fully newly created.