LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
• Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original mono Italian and English soundtracks (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• New audio commentary by critics Alan Jones and Kim Newman
• New interviews with co-writer/director Dario Argento, co-writer Dardano Sacchetti, actress Cinzia De Carolis and production manager Angelo Iacono
• Script pages for the lost original ending, translated into English for the first time
• Original Italian and international theatrical trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Candice Tripp
• Double-sided fold-out poster
• 4 lobby card reproductions
• Limited edition booklet illustrated by Matt Griffin, featuring an essay on the film by Dario Argento, and new writing by Barry Forshaw, Troy Howarth and Howard Hughes
This one gets a bit of a bum rap, but it's one of my favourite Argentos. It's probably the most generic crime thriller of all his movies, but I find it so well-paced and the build up to the final act (a rooftop chase that ends with one of the best endings ever) is fantastic. It's also got those wonderful weird/quirky elements you expect from Italian genre movies of that era, but they're all used really well; e.g. the main character is a blind old guy who uses his granddaughter as his set of eyes. The movie also never lingers on the stupid scientific plot devices and exposition you usually get (even though it is there) and so the whole thing feels much tighter than your usual giallo.
Following on from our recent Warehouse clearance sale, we are pleased to announce the our brand spanking new website will launch on Monday 27 November!
Our new site URL will be www.arrowfilms.com, replacing the current www.arrowfilms.co.uk site. *Please note that our current site will be closed from 4pm TODAY to allow time to securely transfer all current customer order histories and Reward Points allocations.*
We've listened to all your feedback in relation to our current website and have spent the last few months designing and building this new site from the bottom up, taking care to implement many new features to give a much more satisfying browsing and customer experience. New and upgraded features include a fully filterable shop area for all products, enhanced search functionality, much-improved member’s account pages and other member features, plus a much more streamlined checkout process with improved payment and delivery options. We really can't wait to share it with you!
In the meantime, please check out our handy FAQs below which should hopefully cover any burning questions you may have.
- Will I still retain my current Reward Points? -
Yes. When the new site launches, you will be able to request a Reset Password link with the email you currently use for your account. Simply enter your email address on the Reset Password page, follow the link that is sent to you and reset your password. Upon re-registering you will receive 100 free Reward Points on your account.
- What will happen to existing orders? -
Any orders placed during the recent sale and any pre-orders made for titles up to and including a release date of December 11 will be fulfilled by our old warehouse. Any queries arising from any of these orders should go through the usual channel of firstname.lastname@example.org. Our new warehouse will then fulfil all pre-orders from December 18, as well as any orders placed from the time it goes live on Monday November 27.
- What will free membership give me? -
We’ve looked to fully improve the My Account areas on the new website, giving you much more control of your account. You will be able to add various billing and shipping address, view order history and track current orders, edit personal details and interests and create wishlists. There will also be exclusive ‘Members-only’ content for certain releases, such as exclusive stills, clips and some PDFs of previous Arrow Video and Arrow Academy booklets.
- Will I be able to pay with credit / debit card? -
Yes. We have now implemented World Pay into the new site which will allow for most card payments. You will still be able to pay via PayPal if you prefer.
- When will payment be taken? -
If paying through World Pay, payment for all orders will now be taken at dispatch from our new warehouse rather than at point of order. Payment via PayPal will still be taken on point of order.
- Will there be more selection on delivery options?-
Yes. In most cases, you will have the option to have your order delivered by standard or tracked mail. There is also the option to split your delivery into two if you are ordering both currently available titles and titles on pre-order.
Unfortunately we have discovered a small authoring error on the Blu-ray of our upcoming release of THE CAT O' NINE TAILS in which one of the menu links incorrectly links to the wrong interview. We have rectified the problem and replacement discs are currently being manufactured. We are hoping that we can have the replacement discs swapped out for the faulty ones before New Year, regrettably this process is going to result in a short delay to the release date, the product will now be released on January 29th in the UK and January 30th in the US.
We caught this error before any stock had shipped to retailers, so all copies will be correct come the new release date, however a very small number have shipped to some customers who ordered directly from our website (we have contacted you via email if you order has shipped/been affected so please check those inboxes!)
Apologies for the delay and we very much hope you enjoy the release once it arrives!