The Cell (Blu-ray SteelBook) (MM/Saturn Exclusive) [Germany]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: October 13, 2016
Purchase link: Media Markt
Price: €12.99

THE-CELL-(STEEL-EDIT.)-[Blu-ray]2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never watched this film to the end. I think I fell asleep. Never seen it on Blu-ray yet though. Will likely give it a try.

Don't bother, thought the same thing and saw it recently, didn't make it to the end and the visuals are looking dated now too.
Dated? Most of the impressive visuals are practical effects, not CGI. The throne room sequence was done with just manipulation of fabric and wind machines! Still looks cool. It's just the script that sucks...and J. Lopez's non acting.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Bruckle
Dated? Most of the impressive visuals are practical effects, not CGI. The throne room sequence was done with just manipulation of fabric and wind machines! Still looks cool. It's just the script that sucks...and J. Lopez's non acting.

What I mean is that the visuals have not aged well, for example I watched Mississipie Burning the other day and it looks like it could have been made recently while The Cell looks like it was made 16 years odd years ago.

What I mean is that the visuals have not aged well, for example I watched Mississipie Burning the other day and it looks like it could have been made recently while The Cell looks like it was made 16 years odd years ago.
O.k, I see your point. It does have a 1999 aesthetic. And it is not too hard to spot that it is the first film by a guy who cut his teeth on MTV music videos (Relying on the visuals to carry more weight than narrative and script).
It does have some striking scenes, but overall not a good film.

• Thanks
Reactions: BDDB