Netflix The Cloverfield Paradox - Streaming on Netflix on February 4, 2018

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: God Particle (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Julius Onah[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-02-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Story follows an American space station crew left abandoned after a problem with a Hadron accelerator causes Earth to vanish entirely.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
dJe4s2h9hac0Fu3pQVV4OuWe8kU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDb

BadRobotBar.jpg

Comingsoon reports

Paramount Pictures has set a February 24, 2017 release for the original Bad Robot feature God Particle. The microbudgeted science fiction tale was first announced back in 2012.

The plot of God Particle is said to revolve around an American space station that, after an accident with a particle accelerator, suddenly finds that Earth has vanished altogether. Things get stranger when they then they pick up traces of another space station nearby.

In physics, the “God Particle” is a nickname given to the hypothetical Higgs boson, a particle upon which much of our understanding of quantum physics is based. The world’s largest particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider, was built in Geneva, Switzerland in an attempt to prove the Higgs boson’s existence.

God Particle will be directed by Julius Onah (The Girl is in Trouble). Originally scripted by Freaks of Nature and 22 Jump Street scribe Oren Uziel, God Particle was since rewritten by Star Beyond‘s Doug Jung.

God Particle is the first film to claim that February 24, 2017 date. The film will arrive one week after both Bad Boys 3 and The Maze Runner: The Death Cure and one week before 20th Century Fox’s still-untitled third Wolverine film.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that id rather it not be connected but I would like a direct sequel or prequel to cloverfield instead of just a company name that pops up in relation to 2 films. But then I'd love a sequel to 10CL

Glad you enjoyed it mate. I love it. The last 15 mins :)
I'd honestly rather they just did something completely new... like they did with Super 8. There are too many talented people wasting their time on sequels/prequels nowadays IMO. That being said, I would love a sequel to 10CL at some point... it pretty much ended as though they plan to continue with it anyway. The last 15 minutes made the movie for me... not that I wasn't enjoying it before that point, but the way the tone just suddenly shifted was awesome!

Reactions: Flloydo
I'd honestly rather they just did something completely new... like they did with Super 8. There are too many talented people wasting their time on sequels/prequels nowadays IMO. That being said, I would love a sequel to 10CL at some point... it pretty much ended as though they plan to continue with it anyway. The last 15 minutes made the movie for me... not that I wasn't enjoying it before that point, but the way the tone just suddenly shifted was awesome!

maybe because the film was not supposed to be cloverfield film at all. but JJ changed that.

The thing is I agree with you about sequels/ prequels and reboots but a sequel was discussed years ago with cloverfield and I was a huge fan of that film from the first trailer lol and then loved the film, so when mat reeves spoke about a sequel from different perspectives and others in New York filming it then I couldn't wait but obviously never happened but I'm still open to a direct sequel, and yeah the way 10CL ended I now want a direct sequel to that but I also kinda like the idea of this twilight zone esque anthology.
So like super 8 which I also adore and 10CL i would also like something new and the idea for God particle sounds really cool (but also fits with the weirdness of the other 2 films if they do all end up connecting especially the sattelite stuff)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
JJ Abrams’ ‘God Particle’ Is Next Film in Cloverfield Series (Exclusive)

Source: TheWrap.com
Abrams and Paramount hope to release a new film in the Cloverfield universe each year, insider tells TheWrap.

The mysterious upcoming J.J. Abrams-produced film”God Particle” will be the latest movie connected to the producer’s cult hit “Cloverfield,” an insider familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Not only will “Particle” be the third in a series of connected “Cloverfield” films, but Abrams and studio partner Paramount Pictures are quietly developing more movies for the shared universe, the individual said. Both parties hope to release a new film in the shared “Cloverfield” each year, the insider added.

“Particle” is about a team of astronauts who make a “shocking discovery” and end up fighting for survival in what is described as an altered reality. Julis Onah (“The Girl Is in Trouble”) directed from a script by Oren Uziel. It stars David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ziyi Zhang, Elizabeth Debicki, Daniel Brühl and Chris O’Dowd.

The film is set to open wide on Feb. 24, 2017 — though footage from the project is expected to be presented to reporters on Thursday in New York. Studio head Brad Grey will personally present highlights from the upcoming slate at the event, and do a similar event on Nov. 2 in Los Angeles on the Paramount lot. The insider was present at an event leading up to those presentations.
popcorn2.gif

JJ Abrams’ ‘God Particle’ Is Next Film in Cloverfield Series (Exclusive)

Source: TheWrap.com

popcorn2.gif
What is odd about that is - 10CL really isn't connected to Cloverfield.
While there are mentions of things (like company names) that are in both films - there is absolutely no story impact or consequence for them existing in both films.
The best example of this is that these same tenuous links exist between LOST and CLOVERFIELD (Slusho, etc.)
and yet those stories are not linked.
Cloverfield is being used as a "catch-all" name for what is amounting to a loose series of anthology movies, where the links are only that characters drink the same brand of cola, or read the same newspapers.
(Or something about as flimsy).
I have no problem with that. I just don't but into the "Cloververse" theory.
After all, there was ZERO mention of Clover in 10CL. And the characters would have mentioned a giant monster attacking New York in comparison to their situation.

Really looking forward to this and love the idea of the story.

After 10cl which I look at as nothing to do with the Clovie universe tbh I'll do the same with this unless there is a In your face direct link

Maybe becuase this one isn't a secret and they are making a big thing out of the Clovieverse it might actually have something to do with Clovie..... Maybe Iol

Edit: didn't realise this was coming out in like 5 months and they want to release one each year! As long as the stories are good and don't all have cloverfield in the name

Reactions: C.C. 95
Really looking forward to this and love the idea of the story.

After 10cl which I look at as nothing to do with the Clovie universe tbh I'll do the same with this unless there is a In your face direct link

Maybe becuase this one isn't a secret and they are making a big thing out of the Clovieverse it might actually have something to do with Clovie..... Maybe Iol

Edit: didn't realise this was coming out in like 5 months and they want to release one each year! As long as the stories are good and don't all have cloverfield in the name
I like the physics based alternate universe stuff.
Believe it or not, it could be playing with the exact same ideas that were in the movie COHERENCE.
(A really good film. Recommend it. A real cool mind bender.)

• Thanks
I like the physics based alternate universe stuff.
Believe it or not, it could be playing with the exact same ideas that were in the movie COHERENCE.
(A really good film. Recommend it. A real cool mind bender.)

I'll give that a go then, sounds like my kind of film

Please do! I'd love to hear your opinion of it. It certainly does not talk down to the audience, but is also not as difficult as the (great film) PRIMER.
They use this ingenious idea of colored glowsticks to help. (You'll see!)

I had a little look and it does sound really interesting so i might watch it later.
I've not heard of primer either. Just read that's about time travel so I might give that one a go too.

What's that film where they win chances to go to the other planet next to theirs and it's like a parallel upside down universe or something. Always wanted to see that too but can't remember the name

Edit: think it's upside down with dunst, I remember her in the trailer and I think it's when she actually started becoming a good actress. But it seems a bit more of a romance story to what I remember (which don't bother me)

I had a little look and it does sound really interesting so i might watch it later.
I've not heard of primer either. Just read that's about time travel so I might give that one a go too.

What's that film where they win chances to go to the other planet next to theirs and it's like a parallel upside down universe or something. Always wanted to see that too but can't remember the name

Edit: think it's upside down with dunst, I remember her in the trailer and I think it's when she actually started becoming a good actress. But it seems a bit more of a romance story to what I remember (which don't bother me)
You are kind of mixing together the plots for ANOTHER EARTH and UPSIDE DOWN!
PRIMER is a trip. But you really have to have your thinking cap on. It was written and directed by an honest to god physicist! (And it treats the audience like they are intelligent enough to understand without hand holding, or a Mr. DNA cartoon!:rofl:).

You are kind of mixing together the plots for ANOTHER EARTH and UPSIDE DOWN!
PRIMER is a trip. But you really have to have your thinking cap on. It was written and directed by an honest to god physicist! (And it treats the audience like they are intelligent enough to understand without hand holding, or a Mr. DNA cartoon!:rofl:).

Damn! No Mr. DNA

"DINO DNA"

Oh yeah I am, it's another earth but I do also remember the dunst one.

Looks like I've got 4 sci fi's to watch of the back of this convo lol

Oh really, that's interesting and parts may go over my head but I'm also intrigued by that so I'll defo give it a go.

I'm watching dr strange tonight (mate just booked it) so maybe tomorow or when I get in later I'll watch coherence

Damn! No Mr. DNA

"DINO DNA"

Oh yeah I am, it's another earth but I do also remember the dunst one.

Looks like I've got 4 sci fi's to watch of the back of this convo lol

Oh really, that's interesting and parts may go over my head but I'm also intrigued by that so I'll defo give it a go.

I'm watching dr strange tonight (mate just booked it) so maybe tomorow or when I get in later I'll watch coherence
Lucky you! Strange doesn't open here til November 3.

• Thanks
2 things, how is there not a trailer for this yet!!! It's out in under 3 months

Secondly @C.C. 95 ive been wondering what thread we spoke about coherence in for ages and was literally searching for this thread to mention there's still no trailer etc etc

Yeah fantastic film mate, cheers for recommending it. Love how simple it is but yet rather complex
By simple I mean a couple of actors, same house, bit outside in the street etc. Love the ending and what she does to get back to a reality she's comfortable with. Crazy

When she's going to the windows at the end was quality, particularly still seeing those 2 tied up.

Interesting how it was all made too and how much of it was ad-libbed and how much the cast knew etc

Also how he got the cast. Very cool

2 things, how is there not a trailer for this yet!!! It's out in under 3 months

--Well, It IS a J.J. Abrams production! He likes to play around with the way he keeps stuff secretive and do surprises!
Secondly @C.C. 95 ive been wondering what thread we spoke about coherence in for ages and was literally searching for this thread to mention there's still no trailer etc etc

-Believe it was the "rate movies you recently watched" thread!

Yeah fantastic film mate, cheers for recommending it. Love how simple it is but yet rather complex
By simple I mean a couple of actors, same house, bit outside in the street etc. Love the ending and what she does to get back to a reality she's comfortable with. Crazy

When she's going to the windows at the end was quality, particularly still seeing those 2 tied up.

Interesting how it was all made too and how much of it was ad-libbed and how much the cast knew etc

Also how he got the cast. Very cool

- A really great sleeper film. It's too bad more people don't know about it. It's one of those movies that other independent filmmakers slam their heads and think "why didn't I think of that?!" Y'know, a great idea that requires little or no MONEY to do well (like PRIMER, CUBE, BLAIR WITCH PROJECT).:thumbs:

Ps.- is that You in the avatar?! Because, if it is - you are a DEAD RINGER for John Landis!!:LOL:

• Thanks
- A really great sleeper film. It's too bad more people don't know about it. It's one of those movies that other independent filmmakers slam their heads and think "why didn't I think of that?!" Y'know, a great idea that requires little or no MONEY to do well (like PRIMER, CUBE, BLAIR WITCH PROJECT).:thumbs:

Ps.- is that You in the avatar?! Because, if it is - you are a DEAD RINGER for John Landis!!:LOL:

When it finished I thought to myself, this is the kind of film I would of loved to make if I were a film maker. Or for my first my film so yeah it gets you there on every aspect

Haha yeah it's me. I look nothing like him lol (I have many faces depending on my hair and beard at the time but I can honestly say I've never been called landis lol)

• Thanks
When it finished I thought to myself, this is the kind of film I would of loved to make if I were a film maker. Or for my first my film so yeah it gets you there on every aspect

Haha yeah it's me. I look nothing like him lol (I have many faces depending on my hair and beard at the time but I can honestly say I've never been called landis lol)
Hmmmm....
IMG_7168.JPG ;)

• Thanks