Netflix The Cloverfield Paradox - Streaming on Netflix on February 4, 2018

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: God Particle (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Julius Onah[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-02-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Story follows an American space station crew left abandoned after a problem with a Hadron accelerator causes Earth to vanish entirely.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
dJe4s2h9hac0Fu3pQVV4OuWe8kU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDb

BadRobotBar.jpg

Comingsoon reports

Paramount Pictures has set a February 24, 2017 release for the original Bad Robot feature God Particle. The microbudgeted science fiction tale was first announced back in 2012.

The plot of God Particle is said to revolve around an American space station that, after an accident with a particle accelerator, suddenly finds that Earth has vanished altogether. Things get stranger when they then they pick up traces of another space station nearby.

In physics, the “God Particle” is a nickname given to the hypothetical Higgs boson, a particle upon which much of our understanding of quantum physics is based. The world’s largest particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider, was built in Geneva, Switzerland in an attempt to prove the Higgs boson’s existence.

God Particle will be directed by Julius Onah (The Girl is in Trouble). Originally scripted by Freaks of Nature and 22 Jump Street scribe Oren Uziel, God Particle was since rewritten by Star Beyond‘s Doug Jung.

God Particle is the first film to claim that February 24, 2017 date. The film will arrive one week after both Bad Boys 3 and The Maze Runner: The Death Cure and one week before 20th Century Fox’s still-untitled third Wolverine film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and YES! :D

P.S. Lost is my favourite TV show... and I liked the final season.

Yeah i love it. I binged it in novemeber last year. Had been a while and I still get well involved.
I like elements of the final series but bits really wound me up

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah i love it. I binged it in novemeber last year. Had been a while and I still get well involved.
I like elements of the final series but bits really wound me up
I can admit that the final season was the weakest, but I still enjoyed it overall. I owe a lot to the show... it helped me through some pretty bad depression, so I find it hard to dislike anything about it.

Reactions: Flloydo
I can admit that the final season was the weakest, but I still enjoyed it overall. I owe a lot to the show... it helped me through some pretty bad depression, so I find it hard to dislike anything about it.

Same here strangely!
It was a massive comfort series for me and the kind of weirdness/ mystery/ suspense that I really enjoy. Plus loved all the characters

I can easily watch the final but it's my least favourite

Same here strangely!
It was a massive comfort series for me and the kind of weirdness/ mystery/ suspense that I really enjoy. Plus loved all the characters

I can easily watch the final but it's my least favourite
It's amazing how helpful TV and film can be, eh mate? :)

Yeah, the mystery of it all kept my mind occupied, and the characters were all really likeable, like you said. Even the bad guys were very intriguing! Would love to see JJ do something original like that again... hopefully his next film will be his own creation.

could this be cloverfield 3 (or prequel) ?

here

user comment from IMdB "
With the first film (Cloverfield) showing a satellite falling to earth before the "attack", this films synopsis immediately raises flags as a Cloverfield Prequel. Also the writer and director would fit the bill perfectly.
What my thoughts are, is that the scientist's go through an experience very close to the story of the first Alien until the end when they fall to earth setting off the events of the first film and leading into explanations of 10 Cloverfield Lane."

and

"Also 10 Cloverfield Lane was filled with references to John Goodman's character working with satellites, and this film was given the same budget as the last two films."

interesting.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Flloydo

here

user comment from IMdB "
With the first film (Cloverfield) showing a satellite falling to earth before the "attack", this films synopsis immediately raises flags as a Cloverfield Prequel. Also the writer and director would fit the bill perfectly.
What my thoughts are, is that the scientist's go through an experience very close to the story of the first Alien until the end when they fall to earth setting off the events of the first film and leading into explanations of 10 Cloverfield Lane."

and

"Also 10 Cloverfield Lane was filled with references to John Goodman's character working with satellites, and this film was given the same budget as the last two films."

interesting.

Hmmmmmm... Interesting

You never know with JJ, I suppose it could be linked.
But with the Earth vanishing in the plot for this I'm not too sure it would be linked to cloverfield or 10CL but that could be classic misdirection or another side to go into this twilight zone style anthology

@tridon, @C.C. 95, @Noodles, @Apollon, @bloodsnake007 @DADDYCOOL187

Hmmmmmm... Interesting

But with the Earth vanishing in the plot for this I'm not too sure it would be linked to cloverfield or 10CL but that could be classic misdirection or another side to go into this twilight zone style anthology

I'd rather it wasn't connect, but after the whole mystery around the film that turned out to be Cloverfield Lane, I'd say anything is possible when it comes to Bad Robot. I finally saw CL on Thursday by the way mate... loved it! :thumbs:

Hmmmmmm... Interesting

Rumours are flying that this is a new Cloverfield just because everything surrounding it is so mysterious, but I'm uncertain. There was an awfully large gap (years) between Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane, so for Cloverfield 3 to come out a year after the second, that seems a little too soon. Super 8 was shrouded in mystery before its release, too, and that ended up being its own thing.

here

user comment from IMdB "

and

interesting.

Hmmmmmm... Interesting

I'd rather it wasn't connect, but after the whole mystery around the film that turned out to be Cloverfield Lane, I'd say anything is possible when it comes to Bad Robot. I finally saw CL on Thursday by the way mate... loved it! :thumbs:

i-dont-know-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://www.slashfilm.com/cloverfield-3/
https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfi...i_think_god_particle_is_the_next_cloverfield/
http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/2016/03/is-god-particle-next-cloververse-movie.html

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo

It's not that id rather it not be connected but I would like a direct sequel or prequel to cloverfield instead of just a company name that pops up in relation to 2 films. But then I'd love a sequel to 10CL

Glad you enjoyed it mate. I love it. The last 15 mins :)

Rumours are flying that this is a new Cloverfield just because everything surrounding it is so mysterious, but I'm uncertain. There was an awfully large gap (years) between Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane, so for Cloverfield 3 to come out a year after the second, that seems a little too soon. Super 8 was shrouded in mystery before its release, too, and that ended up being its own thing.

There are a few other things that make a small connection and not just the mystery but I really don't know, but I agree with you it seems too soon, but if all this was planned from the second they adapted the cellar then you never know, it could be the plan. I think this has a good synopsis/ plot on its own and it could also very easily be tied to the cloverfield universe aswell.
Have to wait and see but no matter what I'm interested anyway

• Thanks
  • Thanks
It's not that id rather it not be connected but I would like a direct sequel or prequel to cloverfield instead of just a company name that pops up in relation to 2 films. But then I'd love a sequel to 10CL

Glad you enjoyed it mate. I love it. The last 15 mins :)
See, I thought the bulk of 10CL was standard (but well done) boilerplate melodrama thriller stuff we have seen many time before.
Give me the last 10 minutes and a sequel about what happened after, and I am very interested!:thumbs:

• Thanks
See, I thought the bulk of 10CL was standard (but well done) boilerplate melodrama thriller stuff we have seen many time before.
Give me the last 10 minutes and a sequel about what happened after, and I am very interested!:thumbs:

I agree that it's stuff we have seen before but I like the way it was executed, all 3 gave great performances, enjoyed the tone and the ideas it leaves you about Howard
with him being right about the whole situation but also having this dark mad past where he was also a child abducter, groomer and murderer as well as having all these other issues with the other 2 in different ways not letting them get on and constantly annoyed at emmet and being in the way of him living this twisted fantasy of Michelle being his new daughter

was hugely psychological for me and then the mental ending was great and true sci fi.

But I would love to see a sequel to that and very interested to see what happens, that last shot with the Lightning was amazing

Reactions: C.C. 95