Upcoming The Continental (John Wick Prequel) (Limited Series) [Peacock]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Lionsgate is currently in the midst of developing this John Wick TV series.

The show is currently going by the title The Continental, and will focus on the network of assassins that’s become a key part of the John Wick mythology. Stahelski further teased that the prequel show will follow a variety of characters, not John Wick:

“They’ve got a really good structure. It’s very tied to the film [in that] it’s about the Continentals all over the world, how certain people come into that world, and what happens in relation to those people, which is cool. I think the world is very vast, and everything I’ve heard from it is very positive. […] It’s something that studio seems very, very intent on [making] and very, very behind… You can be with the consigliere, concierge, the sommelier — you can be with all these different characters and walk through the world in different aspects; ones that I’m a little limited [from exploring] by staying with my lead guy.”

Stahelski says he thinks the plan is for Keanu Reeves to make an appearance in the series, but the show won’t be about John Wick.

1427099008_skrinshot_00001.jpg

Starz and Lionsgate Confirm John Wick TV Series, The Continental
31ebf97c9da141722e530c714e3d33c0.gif

Source: ComingSoon
Starz President & CEO Chris Albrecht announced today at the Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2018 Press Tour that Starz and Lionsgate are developing a television series adaptation of the highly successful Lionsgate film franchise John Wick. The Continental series will be set in the John Wick universe, focusing on the inner workings of the exclusive Continental Hotel which serves as a refuge for assassins.

Acclaimed writer/producer Chris Collins (Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, and The Man in the High Castle) will write the series and serve as showrunner. The show will be executive produced by a world-class creative team led by Thunder Road Pictures’ Basil Iwanyk (the John Wick film franchise, The Town, Sicario), Chad Stahelski (John Wick co-director and John Wick: Chapter 2 director), John Wick franchise screenwriter Derek Kolstad, along with Collins, David Leitch (John Wick co-director, Deadpool 2) and Keanu Reeves. Stahelski will direct the premiere episode.

Collins expands the universe in the series by focusing on the Continental Hotel and those who find refuge under its roof. Set in a hyper-real version of Los Angeles, the series maintains the urgency of the action along with the dry humor from the John Wick movies. Drawing upon the collaborative efforts of Lionsgate’s film, television and Starz platforms, The Continental continues the growth of a franchise that has already generated two hit films that have grossed nearly $300 million at the worldwide box office and a successful virtual reality mobile game.

“This series is truly unlike anything else on TV,” said Albrecht. “’The Continental’ promises to include the thunderous fight sequences and intensely staged shootouts between professional assassins and their targets that fans have come to expect in the John Wick movie franchise as well as introducing some new, darkly compelling characters who inhabit this underground world.”

• Thanks
Reactions: Alistair G and kaw
Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I thought there'd be at least a 5th John Wick, so now '3 night event' won't do, I want 13 episodes and three seasons!