The Crow needs a Premium Release

Should The Crow receive a Premium Release?

• Total voters
I know @tridon would agree he loves the movie.

I know where to get licensing at for Brandon Lee too.

Germany had some good mediabooks if i remember, maybe steel too ... but yeah not full on premium in what you are meaning.

I love this film with all of my heart and would likely buy a one-click in a second for it (and this is coming from a guy who's never bought a one-click of anything). Hell, I'm surprised that there hasn't even been a Mondo SteelBook for the film. Hopefully one comes along one day. :yawn:

I'd say DARK CITY even more. (It is Proyas' masterpiece)
But, I'd be down for The Crow Premium.

While The Crow is my favourite Proyas film, there's no denying that Dark City is also a masterful film that deserves more attention. I'd love to see someone release a premium of it!

I'm down for a Crow premium in a heartbeat. Got the Zavvi steel twice, and the German steelbook. Official artwork is lacking, but secondary artwork shows that there are some gems that could be used for a premium edition. One I quite like is by Chris Skinner, and would have two side of the steelbook or slip sorted:
tumblr_p3bgd2EH8B1tdmwb4o1_1280.jpg

another one by Vance Kelly that I really like too:
f575776abbbf208a8000c8d41b55c33d.jpg

...as it's fashionable these days, Final Cut please. Remove all those comedy parts, that were added afterward because of the dark events. Maybe add skull cowboy ... ? And 4K :thumbs:

(one can dream)

I'm down for a Crow premium in a heartbeat. Got the Zavvi steel twice, and the German steelbook. Official artwork is lacking, but secondary artwork shows that there are some gems that could be used for a premium edition. One I quite like is by Chris Skinner, and would have two side of the steelbook or slip sorted:
View attachment 452126

another one by Vance Kelly that I really like too:
View attachment 452125
Quality mate and yeah there is so much they could use art wise or even a unique one click box.

Might have watch this again tonight, is there anything extra in the German blu ray than the UK one or both the same?

Remove all those comedy parts. Maybe add skull cowboy ... ? And 4K :thumbs:
I dont know why they removed the Skull Cowboy ...I mean the important scenes were recorded ...the resurrection scene (grave), explaining his [Eric Draven] power (apartment) and why he [Eric Draven] lost his power (church).

what funny scenes do you mean?

Last edited:
I dont know why they removed the Skull Cowboy ...I mean the important scenes were recordered ...the resurrection scene (grave), explaining his [Eric Draven] power (apartment) and why he [Eric Draven] lost his power (church).

with funny scenes do you mean?

There were at least couple, I remember now the diner scene, "onions make me fart big time" or some thing like that and Ernie Hudson clearly had fake mustache.

I don't remember any funny scenes....?

I have the UK steelbook and the Canadian release with slipcover.

The Canadian transfer is superior to the UK one but is slightly cropped I believe.

Still waiting on the perfect all round package. 4K would probably be the best solution for that. 2024 will be the 30th anniversary of the film.

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long....

I don't remember any funny scenes....?

I have the UK steelbook and the Canadian release with slipcover.

The Canadian transfer is superior to the UK one but is slightly cropped I believe.

Still waiting on the perfect all round package. 4K would probably be the best solution for that. 2024 will be the 30th anniversary of the film.

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long....

That's just one line. To remind us that Sara is still just a kid caught up in all this darkness.....

And I don't think Ernie Hudson had a moustache for 'comedy effect'!! :p

IMO if you look at it, it's filmed afterwards. Hudson's moustache is fake, in other parts of the film it's real. That's what I meant.