Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
Newcastle Upon Tyne England
Release date: July 25, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €27.17

71zn-dS1+KL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered though, I'm not a bit impressed by the cover.
Looks more like Jennifer Connolly than "the young lion".

edit: had to look something up 'cause I wasn't sure but yeah, Jim was not a fan of Orange. Weird why I'd remember that.
Anyway, if you haven't yet, go buy, borrow or steal, Hopkin's and Sugarman's Bio of Jim and the band; "No One Here Gets Out Alive".
A really great read and almost 90% accurate! (which is actually pretty dang good with any Biography).

Last edited:
Just ordered though, I'm not a bit impressed by the cover.
Looks more like Jennifer Connolly than "the young lion".

edit: had to look something up 'cause I wasn't sure but yeah, Jim was not a fan of Orange. Weird why I'd remember that.
Anyway, if you haven't yet, go buy, borrow or steal, Hopkin's and Sugarman's Bio of Jim and the band; "No One Here Gets Out Alive".
A really great read and almost 90% accurate! (which is actually pretty dang good with any Biography).

Still he wrote "Orange County Suite" :naughty::rofl:

IMO No one here gets out alive is the worst of The Doors biopics. Prefer the ones written by band members. HUGE fan of the band.

Never thought this would happen : Steelbook + UHD ! Must have. Tho hate the cover.

Reactions: Grendel
Have you guys noticed : "Final Cut" !!! + New Extras !

New cut ?! So fu*****g Cool !

:thumbs:

I'm pretty sure this is not gonna be the only steel release, UK etc will have it's own, say I said so !

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
DISC ONE - 4K BLU-RAY
  • The Doors – The Final Cut – 138'
  • The Doors – The original theatrical version – 140'
  • Oliver Stone Audio Commentary
  • New extra: Interview with Oliver Stone – 35'
  • New extra: Interview with Lon Bender, mixer for new Dolby Atmos mix – 10'
DISC TWO - BLU-RAY
  • The Doors – The Final Cut – 138'
  • The Doors – The original theatrical version – 140'
  • Oliver Stone Audio Commentary
  • New extra: Interview with Oliver Stone – 35'
  • New extra: Interview with Lon Bender, mixer for new Dolby Atmos mix – 10'
DISC THREE - BLU-RAY
  • Deleted scenes – introduced by O. Stone and then included in full with the script section as Chapter heading – 44'
  • "Jim Morrison: A Poet in Paris" – a documentary in French looking at the last few months of Jim Morrison's life in Paris, and his death – 53'
  • "The Road to Excess" – a documentary looking at how the movie came to be made, including interviews with the real-life Doors and main characters (except Ray Manzarek) – 39'
  • "The Doors in LA" – a documentary looking at the formation and rise of THE DOORS in LA in second of half of the 1960s with the Vietnam War and hippy culture as their backdrop 19'30"
  • EPK – includes behind the scenes featurette, profiles, music video, original trailer – 16'51"
DISC FOUR – BLU-RAY When You're Strange
  • Feature length The Doors documentary narrated by Johnny Depp

So the final cut is shorter and did not see any new material in new trailer ... Hmmm ... but must have still. This is the definitive version. :thumbs:

UK looks like will be getting a steelbook release going by BD website
UK release date July 22

Also there will be a 4 disc limited edition I expect that will be a digipak in a slipbox release

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet