The Doors: The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 22, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday June 1st )
Price: £29.99

12146981-1524675304829081.jpg

12146981-4374675305037617.jpg 12146981-1274675304513085.jpg

12146981-1524675304829081.jpg 12146981-4374675305037617.jpg 12146981-1274675304513085.jpg

Description
Discover this stunning, new 4K restoration of Oliver Stone’s psychedelic music biopic, brought to life with Dolby Atmos®, that will take audiences back into the world and sounds of one of the most iconic rock bands in history.
A sonic journey that brilliantly captured the furious energy of the 60s and the myth of The Doors’ iconic front man, Jim Morrison -the man whose music shaped an era.

“This brand new 4K restoration of THE DOORS in Dolby Atmos® will provide far greater overall clarity and dimension for the audience (…) I wanted the film to be as immersive as possible to a real 60s Doors experience.”
- Oliver Stone -

Extras:

• Includes two versions of the film – the Theatrical 1991 Cut and brand new The Final Cut
  • New interview with Oliver Stone
  • New interview with Lon Bender, mixer for new Dolby Atmos mix
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Jim Morrison: A Poet in Paris
  • THE ROAD TO EXCESS documentary
  • THE DOORS IN LA
  • Audio commentary with Oliver Stone
  • Selected EPK highlights

Last edited:
Reactions: Casiusco
interested in watching the final cut

I'm pretty sure we're gonna be disappointed. It's 2 min shorter. And rumor is it's cut from the end (!). Nothing added, just 2 min cut - that's it ! Whatever. Gonna get it. LOL. :thumbs:

Reactions: karl01
I like a few of their songs, but never really been into them as a whole, so didn't know much about them until watching this film some years ago... was Jim Morrison really as much of an ass as they made him out to be in this though?

I like a few of their songs, but never really been into them as a whole, so didn't know much about them until watching this film some years ago... was Jim Morrison really as much of an ass as they made him out to be in this though?

Goes without saying that never knew the man, but I'd say no. Read many books about him and he was intelligent and misunderstood person. Yes drank alot and arrogant at times. But a-hole all times - nope.

“I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.”
― Jim Morrison

Goes without saying that never knew the man, but I'd say no. Read many books about him and he was intelligent and misunderstood person. Yes drank alot and arrogant at times. But a-hole all times - nope.

“I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.”
― Jim Morrison
Lol so did others actually call him intelligent and misunderstood, or was it only himself that said that?

Shame the film portrayed him that way if it wasn't necessarily true though... I actually grew a dislike for him because of it.

Lol so did others actually call him intelligent and misunderstood, or was it only himself that said that?

Shame the film portrayed him that way if it wasn't necessarily true though... I actually grew a dislike for him because of it.

IMO Ray and Robbie of the band didn't support the film. And there are factual errors that can be seen. For example Ed Sullivan show did not go the way it was shown in the film ... can be find online ...

Reactions: Noodles
It's such an interesting edition of a great film that distributing it in a steelbook with such a vulgar & industrial design, without affection or care, and without trying to add value to an edition of an important film, at least makes me lose the desire to buy it.

Fantastic Mr.Fox and The Doors are not the same and can't have the same design.

s-l300.jpg

Because this is not design: it is combinatorial. And at that price you have to offer something more.

A vulgar steelbook with a "recycled" design almost at the price of a Full slip numbered collector edition.

It was a movie, some things portrayed his life and others were put in to protect some folks. Jim was unique, he was the Lizard King. Nobody could touch him, he was invincible, no really he was on a whole different level than everybody else and I'm not talking about the booze and drugs but he saw music different than everybody else did. HERE"S a good read about Jim.

@Noodles you should pick up a book on the life of Jim Morrison, a biography and read on what he was really like, the movie, well...it was a movie, it was made to entertain the masses but it didn't come close to his life story.

It's such an interesting edition of a great film that distributing it in a steelbook with such a vulgar & industrial design, without affection or care, and without trying to add value to an edition of an important film, at least makes me lose the desire to buy it.

Fantastic Mr.Fox and The Doors are not the same and can't have the same design.

s-l300.jpg

Because this is not design: it is combinatorial. And at that price you have to offer something more.

A vulgar steelbook with a "recycled" design almost at the price of a Full slip numbered collector edition.

Please don't diss FANTASTIC MR. FOX . . . it upsets my stuffed friends:--
20181213_121117_resized (1).jpg

Much prefer the amaray art myself, will be getting that instead once the price drops a bit.

No "When you're strange" documentary with this one?

It's way better than the movie.

It was a movie, some things portrayed his life and others were put in to protect some folks. Jim was unique, he was the Lizard King. Nobody could touch him, he was invincible, no really he was on a whole different level than everybody else and I'm not talking about the booze and drugs but he saw music different than everybody else did. HERE"S a good read about Jim.
@Noodles you should pick up a book on the life of Jim Morrison, a biography and read on what he was really like, the movie, well...it was a movie, it was made to entertain the masses but it didn't come close to his life story.
I'm not much of a book-reader unfortunately bud (I lack the attention span lol), but the article you shared was definitely an interesting read! Thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
I'm not much of a book-reader unfortunately bud (I lack the attention span lol), but the article you shared was definitely an interesting read! Thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

Watch "When you're strange" documentary !