The Driver (Ryan Gosling) Drive 1/6 Scale Figure

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I own a custom, and now there is a much more affordable "custom?" version coming.

https://manofactionfigures.com/prod...river-ryan-gosling-collectible-figure-bbk-004

1_174.preview.png

@Noodles @spass @larson1977 @Bluprint

Last edited:
@Wreck Thanks for the tag! I've always been super jealous of your custom figure, so this will do very nicely. :D

I saw this okn the web and thought about buying it. It looks great especially when wearing the scorpion jacket, sunglasses and hammer :thumbs:
You recommend this one? How are the joints? Are they 'tight?

No clue, i have a custom that cost like 6x the price of this one. Was one my most expensive figs ever .... and i got no prob saying that FROM THE LOOKS of this one it looks damn good. Face sculpt seems a tad off compared to mine, but still good and if you display in diff poses that wont even show. Plus can always get ryan gosling head sculpts on ebay at later date if you really dont like the one that comes with it but so far it looks good enough ... and the price is damn good. Wonder if the jacket will be like a glossy sheen like soft material as opposed to something plain.

My wife has both this and the Redman toys version. The BBK is a far, far better sculpt and overall better figure but you got better accessories with the Redman version

Redman joints were very stiff (and she broke one of the joints trying to swap hands out for example) so she ended up getting a replacement head/body and swapping the clothing on to that (used the DID LA SWAT figure which is a basically Ryan G)

She said that she found the BBK version hard to pose and to get it to look any way natural, without a stand, plus little things like the baseball cap not fitting as well as the promo pictures show.

However I'd say - in lieu of their being a proper licensed hot toys / blitzway quality figure - if you wanted a decent Driver figure for a reasonable price then this is well worth picking up

Oh and the BBK version comes with the greatest tag line ever on the box (will post some pix tomorrow when I have more time)

No clue, i have a custom that cost like 6x the price of this one. Was one my most expensive figs ever .... and i got no prob saying that FROM THE LOOKS of this one it looks damn good. Face sculpt seems a tad off compared to mine, but still good and if you display in diff poses that wont even show. Plus can always get ryan gosling head sculpts on ebay at later date if you really dont like the one that comes with it but so far it looks good enough ... and the price is damn good. Wonder if the jacket will be like a glossy sheen like soft material as opposed to something plain.
Ordered for 100$ incl shipping. Let's hope it's good (enough) :)

My wife has both this and the Redman toys version. The BBK is a far, far better sculpt and overall better figure but you got better accessories with the Redman version

Redman joints were very stiff (and she broke one of the joints trying to swap hands out for example) so she ended up getting a replacement head/body and swapping the clothing on to that (used the DID LA SWAT figure which is a basically Ryan G)

She said that she found the BBK version hard to pose and to get it to look any way natural, without a stand, plus little things like the baseball cap not fitting as well as the promo pictures show.

However I'd say - in lieu of their being a proper licensed hot toys / blitzway quality figure - if you wanted a decent Driver figure for a reasonable price then this is well worth picking up

Oh and the BBK version comes with the greatest tag line ever on the box (will post some pix tomorrow when I have more time)
Does she still have it? Can you post some pics?

Reactions: Lordpercy
I started kitbashing one of these recently... picked up the BBK Drive figure for £70, and then a better head (see below) for £15. Just waiting on a new body to arrive now. :)

I will say that whilst the head/face likeness and body on the BBK version is pretty crap, the tailoring is spot on! The jacket is basically a miniature version of the real thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: larson1977
@larson1977

Here's a very quick couple of pictures, comparing the Redman and BBK versions side by side - picture quality isn't great I'm afraid but I can do some more in my light box tomorrow.

Boxes side by side (Redman is just a flap opening whereas BBK has a slip cover and then has a shoe box style inner)
rps20190317_151326.jpg

And opened (all the Redman accessories are under the figure):
rps20190317_151510.jpg

The faces (couldn't get a good one of the BBK, due the rubbish lighting - will do better ones later)
rps20190317_151352.jpg

Jacket comparison (Redman's scorpion is a yellow gold vs BBK darker gold and Redmans jacket material is a little darker than BBK's that's more of a pure white):
rps20190317_151409.jpg

The quality of the BBK accessories is fantastic but there translation skills perhaps aren't quite as hot :shipped:
rps20190317_151602.jpg

Anyway, just a couple of quick ones - if there is anything you particularly want to see, let me know and I'll put them up asap