The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (also referenced as Skyrim) is a role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It is scheduled to be released on November 11, 2011 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Skyrim is set two-hundred years after the events of Oblivion in the eponymous land of Skyrim. The country has erupted into civil war after the assassination of its King. Concurrently, the god Alduin, which takes the form of a massive dragon, arises to destroy the world. The player character is the last living Dovahkiin (Dragonborn), and must fend off Alduin and save Skyrim from certain destruction.

images

Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-Waterfall.jpg

Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-Woman.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2qqnTNGhrtQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2qqnTNGhrtQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome game,i got this for xbox 360 & i alway's imagine it's a lord of the ring's game looking over the entire world lol....just for laughs i once told my brother it's a harry potter game with the castles around.

is that the sanguine rose staff? i have that too! :)

im level 33. pretty balanced between side missions and main quest. i bought my second house earlier this week in riften, took awhile to gain the street cred needed ;)

Yes, the rose staff! I'm an argonian lady, named her Scully (X Files). I just got the heavy armor that poisons enemies that get too close (called Ebony Mail), after completing the quest Boetiah's Calling.

I hope you have been using the free house exploit; just bought my house and furnishings in Solutude for free!

lag is better but I still experience it in certain areas or after a while. my save files are up to 11 MB.

JGun - Diva and I have been talking about this for a little while now, but it seems like the choppy frame rate and huge save files are just something that Bethesda does. It was like this in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I'm a big fan of both, but if they could have fixed the freezing and getting bogged down, I would have been extatic.

May have to get back on to see if the frame rate is better. I usually walk around the game with only 96 of 300 weight and really limited side quests to try and keep my file small. I have 7.8MBs, and notice the difference when i sell everything after a long mission. I still havent got a house because i figured more memory. But heck, I miss this game, ready to do all of them side quests, or at least most of them.

Yes, the rose staff! I'm an argonian lady, named her Scully (X Files). I just got the heavy armor that poisons enemies that get too close (called Ebony Mail), after completing the quest Boetiah's Calling.

I hope you have been using the free house exploit; just bought my house and furnishings in Solutude for free!

hmm, havent heard of the free house exploit...

that armor sounds awesome tho!

I'm level 50, playing as an Imperial and last few levels I was using the Dragon Scale armor and I always play with 1 hand sword and the other magic.
This game is awesome, I'm almost done with the trophies 85% done I think.

the lag is BAD. I'm at level 44 and it doesn't take as long as it used to before it starts to lag. Off has Bethesda experience with Fallout, and recommended to restart the game once it starts this which works but it's getting ridiculous that I would have to do this after 30 min or less now.

the lag is BAD. I'm at level 44 and it doesn't take as long as it used to before it starts to lag. Off has Bethesda experience with Fallout, and recommended to restart the game once it starts this which works but it's getting ridiculous that I would have to do this after 30 min or less now.

Turn off autosave and save manually. That should fix lag.

yo cali, your gurl is signing autographs in May in dallas ;) Hayden. google dallas comic con if you're interested. Eliza will be there too.

I was hoping they would fix that before I would continue playing it. It seems like the patch didn't really do much. So the save files are still getting to be pretty big eh?

Well I would of had platinum by now,
But I took an arr...........
Nevermind :ass:

WELL PLAYED!!!

So I cave and made a second character before I'm even close to finishing the main quest with my nord (level 37 about 2/3 thru main quest)

But I couldnt resist! I really wanted a stealthy character so I made a khajiit and am only ranking up stealth archery and pickpocket.

This game just makes me want to quit school so bad! Haha

Last edited:
Yea, its unplayable now my save file is at 14mb and I play for maybe 10 minutes before it completely freezes and have to restart the Ps3, I started over and will try to finish the trophies that way, from what I hear its only a problem on PS3.

Yea, its unplayable now my save file is at 14mb and I play for maybe 10 minutes before it completely freezes and have to restart the Ps3, I started over and will try to finish the trophies that way, from what I hear its only a problem on PS3.

No, it's a problem on various platforms. However, they all have different side effects. The PC version stops rendering textures properly, instead it displays just bland objects. It's a memory issue.