The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 9 October 23, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £44.99

FB_IMG_1689849279901.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, the panic definitely died out for this release. I’m surprised this hasn’t sold out, considering Bestbuy steelbook never even made it to release day lol.

Opted to keep this one instead of the deluxe, prefer the slip. Extras are all good quality, if not a little repetitive with same art being used on the slip/folder, and steel/poster/book/lobby.

Steel is nice too. It's actually spot gloss, in case anyone hadn't said already. Subtle glossing to title and surrounding text on the front and spine. Gloss base layer, so no streaky matte.

Anyone had experience with WB Shop?

I ordered this ages ago, was going to cancel it but they had no options in account so just decided to keep it,
It's all paid for etc, but they still haven't sent it.
How are they so bad?

Anyone had experience with WB Shop?

I ordered this ages ago, was going to cancel it but they had no options in account so just decided to keep it,
It's all paid for etc, but they still haven't sent it.
How are they so bad?

WB have, in my opinion, a huge lead in "the worst place to pre-order from" league. Your experience is, sadly, par for the course.

How they are so bad, given it is their title, is beyond me and their CS is comical to boot.

So i've noticed they are printing more of a few releases thinking they sold well enough to do so.
Amazon and HMV are listing this for £58.99 to be released Jan 8th 2024, disgraceful.
Hopefully they don't sell well now.

• Wow
Reactions: TheWildEye
So i've noticed they are printing more of a few releases thinking they sold well enough to do so.
Amazon and HMV are listing this for £58.99 to be released Jan 8th 2024, disgraceful.
That's really scuzzy corporate gluttony.
I really hope we're not looking at a 20% retail increase in consumer purchase costs going forward.
That is an absolute joke. Greedy a-holes

Last edited:
What else is being reprinted?

Lawrence of Arabia 60th Anniversary 4K steelbook just got reprinted last week and sold out at HMV, Zavvi and Amazon in a few hours.
That isn't the same thing, plus it's cheaper than it was 2yrs ago. It's just a steel, and part of a wider reprint by sony. Stuff like that is pretty common.