The Fate of the Furious - In theaters April 14, 2017

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Fate of the Furious

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]F. Gary Gray[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Tyrese Gibsone, Ludacris, Lucas Black, Jason Statham, Elsa Pataky, Kurt Russell, Charlize Theron, Scott Eastwood[/ACTOR]

Plot: Returns of an old enemy[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
ff8-jpg.281095
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Announced today at Cinemacon by Vin Diesel himself :)
Fast_and_Furious_Logo.jpg
ff8.jpg

Last edited:
Wont be the same without PW but im sure it will be great non the less. Jordana surely wont be back as her character and Pauls have retired.

They should've left it at 7, because as @thewoe said... it just won't be the same without Paul. It's no surprise that they're continuing the franchise though... especially after the last one made over $1 billion. :greedy:

They should've left it at 7, because as @thewoe said... it just won't be the same without Paul. It's no surprise that they're continuing the franchise though... especially after the last one made over $1 billion. :greedy:

I think he will be mentioned in some way though, wether its a Phone call vin makes to him, or Flash back footage or maybe a convo using outtakes or something. I highly doubt they wont mention his character in some way.

I think that would be in Bad taste, bringing in a Lost Brother to Brian. If Cody goes into part 8, it should be as another New character and establish him to the franchise.

FURIOUS 8: Dwayne Johnson Confirms Hobbs Will Return, Offers Update on Spin-Off!

http://collider.com/furious-8-dwayne-johnson-confirms-hobbs-return-update-on-spin-off/
Dwayne Johnson‘s ascension from WWF superstar to highly sought-after action-film lead has been a bumpy road but not one without its myriad pleasures. For this reviewer, he’s the most instantly galvanic presence in the recent Fast & Furious films, and his performance in Richard Kelly‘s divisive, brilliant Southland Tales is one built on largely unexplored elements of his physicality and delivery, which suggest a far more ambitious comedic actor hiding behind the tonnage of brawn. But, hey, brawn is popular and intermittently fun to watch, which is part of the reason why the upcoming natural-disaster bonanza San Andreas, starring Johnson and Carla Gugino, is getting such a huge push in a summer full of costumed superheroes and dystopian desert chases. And at a recent press conference for the action film, Johnson confirmed that Hobbs, his character in the Fast & Furious franchise, will be returning for the recently announced, inevitable Furious 8.

Here’s the exact exchange from the press conference in regards to Hobbs in Furious 8 which our reporter Sheila Roberts attended:
Q: "They announced Furious 8. Is Hobbs going to be in it?"
DWAYNE JOHNSON: "Of course. It can’t go on without Hobbs."

That’s good news for fans of both Johnson and the stunts-centric movie series, but Johnson also responded to the continued talk of a Hobbs spin-off film, which was originally rumored to see release between the sixth and seventh iterations of Fast & Furious. The answer is a definite maybe, as Johnson reported having a recent “big” studio conversation to discuss the possible Hobbs spin-off, which could prove to be the major guns-and-explosions franchise that Johnson has yet to secure in his career thus far. He’s easily one of the most purely enjoyable action stars to come up in the last two decades, and if we’re going to keep letting Bruce Willis blow up half of the Eastern seaboard, Johnson certainly deserves his own chance to press the detonator button as well.

Here’s Johnson’s full answer to the possibility of a Hobbs solo film:
JOHNSON: "We all are interested in it. I just had a big conversation with the studio. So we’ll see. I still think for me personally we’ve created a little bit of space for him in 7 and the gauge is set for what the audience will want. That’s my take on it, you know, but a lot of other people have to have input."
popcorn2.gif

Fast & Furious 8 Is Promising A Location Change
Part8_Teaser.JPG

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fast-Furious-8-Promising-Location-Change-71677.html
Vin Diesel posted the above graphic on his Instagram page. There’s no message to the fans beyond, "Here’s a shot of New York City. We’re coming." The photo actually lacks some of NYC's major, distinguishable landmarks. We don’t see the Chrysler Building, or the Empire State Building on this skyline. But that’s undoubtedly the Brooklyn Bridge in the foreground, so the photo confirms what Diesel told Jimmy Kimmel during a recent spot on his late-night talk show.

SPOILER Warning if you haven’t seen Furious 7…
Jason-Statham-7-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...s-deckard-shaws-return-for-furious-8#/slide/1

Despite being locked away by Dwayne Johnson in a maximum security cell somewhere near the Earth’s crust at the end of Furious 7, it looks like no cage can truly contain the fury of Jason Statham’s bad guy Deckard Shaw as the action star tells Access Hollywood that he’ll return for another bout with Vin Diesel’s crew in Furious 8.

“We’re already talking about doing another one, Part 8” Statham declares. “I’m a newcomer! I just got invited to the party in this last one so it’s nice to know I’m gonna be doing another… They’ve always got something good up their sleeve, and I don’t want to be the one who spoils the plot lines but there is some great stuff I already know about.”
popcorn2.gif

Confirmed: ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Filmmaker To Direct ‘Furious 8′
http://www.slashfilm.com/furious-8-director-short-list/
F. Gary Gray confirmed he has signed on to direct Furious 8 by posting the above photo and message on Twitter: “Cant ask for better partners than Vin, Neal & Universal. Excited to bring u the next chapter of the #FastFamily saga ” Our original story which ran with the headline ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Filmmaker Enters Exclusive Talks To Direct ‘Furious 8′ on October 5th 2015 at 11:30pm follows:
F Gary Gray_2.JPG

THR has confirmed that Universal has settled on F. Gary Gray to direct Fast and Furious 8, and sources say “Gray has told the studio he wishes to initiate negotiations for a deal.” Gray met with Vin Diesel on Monday and the Fast & Furious star posted a photo on Facebook of himself with a smiling Gray in front of Fast and Furious images (seen above).
Vin Diesel_1.JPG

popcorn2.gif

Fast & Furious 8: Ludicrous Speed
ludicrous-speed.png

Will be interesting to see where they film 8, I wonder if they will film where I live / work again like they did with 6 :cigar:

God yeah I remember bits filmed near me.

Wherever its filmed ill be looking forward to this .

Last edited: