Release date: June 23rd, 2015
Order Link: not yet!

United States
138 minutes
Color
1.78:1
English
Spine #764

A fairy tale grounded in poignant reality, the magnificent, Manhattan-set The Fisher King, by Terry Gilliam, features Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams in two of their most brilliant roles. Bridges plays a former radio shock jock reconstructing his life after a scandal, and Williams is a homeless man on a quest for the Holy Grail—which he believes to be hidden somewhere on the Upper West Side. Unknowingly linked by their pasts, the two men aid each other on a fanciful journey to redemption. This singular American odyssey features a witty script by Richard La Gravenese, evocative cinematography by Roger Pratt, and superb supporting performances by Amanda Plummer and an Oscar-winning Mercedes Ruehl, all harnessed by Gilliam into a humane, funny modern-day myth.

Extras:
DIRECTOR-APPROVED EDITION:

New, restored 2K digital transfer, approved by director Terry Gilliam, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
Audio commentary featuring Gilliam
New interviews with Gilliam; producer Lynda Obst; screenwriter Richard La Gravenese; and actors Jeff Bridges, Amanda Plummer, and Mercedes Ruehl
New interviews with artists Keith Greco and Vincent Jefferds on the creation of the film’s Red Knight
Interview from 2006 with actor Robin Williams
New video essay featuring Bridges’s on-set photographs
Deleted scenes, with optional commentary by Gilliam
Costume tests
Trailers
PLUS: An essay by critic Bilge Ebiri

tfk.jpg

Reactions: PunkNinja
I just picked this up during the Barnes & Noble sale and watched it. What an incredibly underrated film. The performances were unbelievable. Robin Williams in maybe the best performance of his career. Another reminder of what greatness we lost when he passed. I would highly recommend this.

I just picked this up during the Barnes & Noble sale and watched it. What an incredibly underrated film. The performances were unbelievable. Robin Williams in maybe the best performance of his career. Another reminder of what greatness we lost when he passed. I would highly recommend this.
It's a classic. The art on the cover is the worst. It doesn't speak to the movie inside. The original Criterion Laserdisc cover was better (not great- but way better than the new one. A shame)
fisher_laser.gif

Reactions: sminister
It's a classic. The art on the cover is the worst. It doesn't speak to the movie inside. The original Criterion Laserdisc cover was better (not great- but way better than the new one. A shame)
fisher_laser.gif

Yeah that's brutal! But the current cover doesn't do anything for me either.
Thank god the movie is worth it!

Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah that's brutal! But the current cover doesn't do anything for me either.
Thank god the movie is worth it!
@sminister
A great, great redemption movie. Talk about a feelgood ending that EARNS IT!
(Most movies don't earn it!)
I so wish It was one of these Fake Criterion mock ups!! (So much better!!)
FisherKing_v1.png
image.jpg

(In fact- I may make that first one myself!)

Reactions: sminister