Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.22 star(s) Rating: 3.22/5 9 Votes
Title: The Flash

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure

Director: Andy Muschietti

Cast: Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons, Billy Crudup, Michael Keaton

Release: 2022-07-01

Plot: The standalone film with The Flash set in the DC Extended Universe.

There's a joke in there somewhere. :p
At posting on the forums! :D Get your mind out of th... oh what the hell, I'm a fu**ing pervert JUST like you! :naughty: LOL! :hilarious:

giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Flashpoint?

Awful title

maybe...
but it just means it will be a kick ass movie.
The storyline for Flashpoint is THE BEST Flash storyline IMO.

If this film is anything like the DC Animated film Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox it will be great! Check it out if you haven't!

You can have Jeffrey Dean Morgan reprise his role as Thomas Wayne and be Batman in the film!!!

Spoiler. In flashpoint, its Thomas that survives and Bruce dies instead.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Flashpoint?

Awful title
(no offense, but) Do you know anything about The Flash comic books? I didn't before watching The Flash tv serie.
Flashpoint is not just a simple title, but a complete storyline that the superhero Flash made (remade) when changing the timeline...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
(no offense, but) Do you know anything about The Flash comic books? I didn't before watching The Flash tv serie.
Flashpoint is not just a simple title, but a complete storyline that the superhero Flash made (remade) when changing the timeline...

Flashpoint on the CW series wasn't that great for me. They were so limited and couldn't make any big changes because of the other shows.
Have you seen Flashpoint Paradox?

Flashpoint on the CW series wasn't that great for me. They were so limited and couldn't make any big changes because of the other shows.
Have you seen Flashpoint Paradox?
Nan... as I said to @Flloydo, I didn't know anything about Flash before watching the new tv show. So, that's just enough for me to know that Flashpoint could be a real good title/story, but not sufficient to know more about it...
I'm not a comic book guy (paper) so I have 0 interest in those stories/movies. I'm only interested in the newer version on big screen and a little bit on tv even if I know that they always cut corners.

The one and only comic book I read was Batman Knightfall and then watched The Dark Knight Returns.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

None taken mate, nah I genuinely know very little about him. With DC I'm only really savvy with the bats and supes. I didn't realise it's a arc of stories for him. Still don't like the title but if it actually has significance to the character and relatable to fans then fair dos

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
the title isnt bad, but I would prefer The Flash. so why they didnt call the Wonder Woman movie: Amazons. they should at leat redo the font, to differentiate The Flash(point) I think many people will be confused.

It's concerning that DC / Warner Bros. have lost 2 directors on this project. I see the term "creative differences" and the first thought that comes to mind is perhaps the scale of this film is really daunting / intimidating.

If you're familiar with the Flashpoint storyline in the comic books, you know that things come to a head (to put it mildly) between the Atlantean and Amazonian kingdoms. However, there is a darker theme here, and that deals with undoing a heinous crime involving the death of a loved one. If you could undo it (a.k.a. change time), would you do it, consequences be damned?! To a large extent, the comic book kinda glossed over this part and focused instead on the war. The CW's TV series dealt with this in a bit more gut wrenching detail, and it was emotional to watch. (The words "Run Barry, RUN!") will forever live with me...). Once DC saw (and understood why) the success of Wonder Woman, they probably realised that they need to capitalise on emotionally driven stories more. Batman vs. Superman did have some of that, but it was clumsily done. Wonder Woman nailed it.

It might be possible that the 2 earlier directors came into this project expecting to do a "straightforward" super-hero movie, i.e. origin story, hero tries to understand and control his powers, all the while trying to stay sane and live a normal life, attracts the attention of a villain (Zoom, the Rogues, Abracadabra, take your pick), suffers a defeat or 2 before ultimately snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, gets the girl, and sets up something of a story line for the sequel. DC (via Geoff Johns, most likely, as he wrote Flashpoint) wanted to delve a lot deeper into not just the Flash mythos, but also the DC mythos, and such an undertaking scared the crap out of the directors. I see this film as another Justice League movie, though where the Flash is front and centre.

Coming back to my theory about DC / Warner wrapping emotionally driven stories in super-hero wrapping, the Flashpoint story line deals with the familiar themes of redemption and loss, hate and anger, this could be DC's most ambitious movie yet. More ambitious than the Justice League film, and anything else on its slate.

Whilst there's no director attached to this film yet, I have faith in Geoff Johns. He wrote some of the best Flash stories IMHO (superseded only by William Messner-Loebs and Mark Waid). The reason his stories were so good? They didn't lack humanity. It wasn't only about super-heroics; he tapped into the mythos and what people can relate to. The Flash is my favourite super-hero (specifically the Wally West version from the comic book). I'm confident that DC will do this story and hero justice.

ooooOOOO!!! I hope this is true! Great News!!!

"John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein to direct THE FLASH movie for Warner Bros. and DC Films!"

The only thing they've directed was 'The Vacation' which I've heard is terrible. I would've been a lot more happy with Robert Zemeckis or Matthew Vaughn!
True, those would have been better choices...

I'm a big fan of John Francis Daley tho (FREAKS & GEEKS! haha)

Yeah Vacation wasn't that great... But I think what gives me comfort is that these guys are good writers first and will be able to fix anything wrong with the film that way. They wrote Spider-Man Homecoming (which for me, was my favorite SM film). And I think their upcoming film Game Night looks like a lot of fun.

So I think DC is hoping to find their "Russo Bros" with these guys. I'm not sure if they'll be able to pull it off, but I'm very curious how this film will turn out... and how the tone will be!

True, those would have been better choices...

I'm a big fan of John Francis Daley tho (FREAKS & GEEKS! haha)

Yeah Vacation wasn't that great... But I think what gives me comfort is that these guys are good writers first and will be able to fix anything wrong with the film that way. They wrote Spider-Man Homecoming (which for me, was my favorite SM film). And I think their upcoming film Game Night looks like a lot of fun.

So I think DC is hoping to find their "Russo Bros" with these guys. I'm not sure if they'll be able to pull it off, but I'm very curious how this film will turn out... and how the tone will be!

I know what you're saying. It just seems like a big risk to take, given the mixed reception to most DC films.

I know what you're saying. It just seems like a big risk to take, given the mixed reception to most DC films.

OH for sure. DC is on thin ice. They can't afford another bad movie and they seem to be making some odd decisions. fingers crossed it all turns out.

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred
The Flash standalone movie starring Ezra Miller has, appropriately enough, zipped around from update to update so many times it’s easy to believe it might just never happen. But, apparently, we’ve finally got a release date for the Scarlet Speedster’s solo big-screen debut. According to The Wrap, Warner Bros. has set aside July 1st, 2022 for The Flash‘s debut.

Of course, knowing DC… I'll believe it when I see it. Also, no mention of Flashpoint...

Last edited:

WB might be in the market for a new Flash. Looks playful to me, but he seems to have a got a lot of backlash.

Wow this has really blown up on Twitter, thirsty b!tches literally fantasise about this “OMG I want [Insert Celeb I stan] to choke me so bad!" while saying “choke me daddy” WTF and then Ezra actually goes and does it WTF with the girl smiling about it WTF then the backlash begins seriously WTF is wrong with 2020. Don’t really know what to think of this or what WB is going to do about this but I will leave this here to show you what I mean as I don’t make the rules these kinky fan girls do!