The Fog (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: October 29, 2018 - September 28, 2020 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.00 (Amazon)

fog.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: virkia
Despite this being my favourite JC film I still haven't pulled the trigger... hopefully the price drops before it sells out.

Order dispatched

I also have the 4 disc digipack on order with amazon

My debit card has been taking a huge hit on payments last week and more to come in next few days

Cornflakes for the next 2 weeks :rofl:

Just got a dispatch notice 30 seconds ago. Nothing on the other two steels.
They Live I just got a dispatch email

Prince of darkness release date is November 26th (Zavvi have wrong date listed as November 5th)
Escape from new york release date is November 26th (Zavvi have wrong date listed October 26th so you can expect that to go listed as sold out on Friday until they update the release date)

My other two were Escape from New York and They Live. No interest in Prince of Darkness (unless the word Dracula is in front of it!)
Surprised we haven't had Christine on 4k steelbook. Because of the high price of 4k releases, I'll only buying them if they do steelbooks.
Justifies the cost for me.....

I got the box sets for this and They Live today....I wish I went for the steelbooks instead

I have to admit does look impressive. Both my copies of The Fog and they Live arrived today And more importantly nice to see classic films getting the 4k treatment. Will be interested to see what they mean by the German Rambo 4k box set in a few weeks saying uncut.....

I would buy it now. Once the word gets out how good this is, it'll be snapped up.. And to be fair it's 4k and usually 4k titles are around the £29 mark and that's in a standard blu-ray case so it's not a bad price even as it stand.

Quite like the look they've gone for with this one - cleverly using the bare metal shimmer to emphasise the fog under what looks like a gloss varnish . . . a quite different look to the full gloss AVENGERS US steelbooks for example.
Reminds me somewhat of the effect on the back of the recent attractively unusual A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH steelbook.

Admittedly disappointed by the title treatment (presumably the same on all four) - no reason that I can see not to have de-bossed titles as on the same artist's AVENGERS (US) steelbooks:-
1540657335651.png

1540657810994.png
1540658684334.png

1540657964484.png
1540658326157.png

1540658436809.png
1540658560125.png

Last edited:
I would buy it now. Once the word gets out how good this is, it'll be snapped up.. And to be fair it's 4k and usually 4k titles are around the £29 mark and that's in a standard blu-ray case so it's not a bad price even as it stand.
I just ordered this and They Live, there's a 10% off code of
10ee4kUltra
that works.

Doesn't work on Prince of Darkness though.