The Fog (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: October 29, 2018 - September 28, 2020 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.00 (Amazon)

fog.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: virkia
Yeah these turned up for me today but I haven't opened them yet.

Happy to have paid the price from pre order using the 10% welcome code.

Think it looks good. Cheers for the pics @Noodles

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Cancelled all 4 a week or so ago but a re-order for this one at least seems likely considering how well it came out.
(still would've liked de-bossed titles on all of these)

THE FOG steelbook pic courtesy nuikichiSB:-
Dq_40VoVYAAcM1e.jpg:large

Discs + O-ring:-
Dq_41KxU8AEdXB7.jpg:large

Dq_42VLV4AAq5-x.jpg:large

Anybody else watched the blu-ray copy of this or any of the others (Prince of Darkness and They Live) yet? There's some serious grain during the darker scenes, which kind of flickers and is really annoying/distracting. Not sure if it's the same for the 4K transfer, since I don't have a 4K setup to test it.

Not watched mine yet but had a browse of caps-a-holic. The Fog seems to much less blue now which is odd to me - https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=12536&d2=12524&s1=124612&s2=124443&i=13&l=0 and a hell of a lot darker in some places.

They Live - some shots looks much softer and less sharp.

No mention of a restoration as such on the packaging so assume it's not actually been restored.

Are you sure you actually have these new releases lol
The Fog/They Live/Prince of Darkness/Escape from New york releases from StudioCanal

Each film is a 4K restoration scan from the film negative
UHD and Blu-ray discs has the 4K restoration

The jcard of each steelbook release and Digipack editions has listed restored in 4K printed on the back of the packaging.

The Fog was shot using Panavision Panaflex Gold cameras on 35mm film.
The Fog is meant to have a lot of film grain
The film is meant to look dark

Last edited:
Reactions: blu-steel
Are you sure you actually have these new releases lol
The Fog/They Live/Prince of Darkness/Escape from New york releases from StudioCanal

Each film is a 4K restoration scan from the film negative
UHD and Blu-ray discs has the 4K restoration

The jcard of each steelbook release and Digipack editions has listed restored in 4K printed on the back of the packaging.

The Fog was shot using Panavision Panaflex Gold cameras on 35mm film.
The Fog is meant to have a lot of film grain
The film is meant to look dark

My bad, I only checked the Prince of Darkness packaging, which doesn't mention restoration, just 4k UHD.

Reactions: paulboland
Nick Wrigley's spotted an error on the disc (again, still not played mine)...

Last edited by a moderator:
To this day I still don't understand all the technological stuff about bitrates and PCM and stuff like that.
What's good and what's better and what's best. I most likely probably never will.

Do we know if it's momentary drops in bitrate or form that point on it's ridiculously low?

If it's the latter then they will need to reissue the discs.

Do we know if it's momentary drops in bitrate or form that point on it's ridiculously low?

If it's the latter then they will need to reissue the discs.

Check out that thread of tweets from Nick Wrigley, he continues to find momentary drops on the disc:

Reactions: Bungral